Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Haves

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Fibrogel is the saviour of every constipated pregnant woman. It's a husk supplement so totally natural and doesn't make the bowel lazy. You drink it in a small cup of water and drink lots of water afterwards. Its very gentle on your system but it works. Totally safe during pregnancy and afterwards if you're breastfeeding (a lot of those products aren't).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Fibrogel is the saviour of every constipated pregnant woman. It's a husk supplement so totally natural and doesn't make the bowel lazy. You drink it in a small cup of water and drink lots of water afterwards. Its very gentle on your system but it works. Totally safe during pregnancy and afterwards if you're breastfeeding (a lot of those products aren't).

If you've ever left an un-drank cup of it sitting around for a while, you'd see how it works :D

Turns almost solid in the cup..

Great stuff all the same ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Rachineire wrote: »
    would lanolin cream be good even if you aren't planning on BFing?

Honestly it depends on yourself. Everyone is different. Mine were in bits before I even got to the breastfeeding stage. The last few weeks of pregnancy my nipples went all strange and cracked, and I should have been using it then I think, before the birth. Afterwards they just went mental altogether. I don't think that happens to most people though, so you should be grand. Just keep an eye on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'd have the lanolin cream just in case. A lactation consultant told me you only use the equivalent of the tip of a pen and warm it up between your fingers before applying.

Using breast milk is also great at healing. I found the lanolin cream good for when he started biting (ouch!). At that stage I was only feeding 3 or 4 times a day so lots of time for them to heal.

Advertisement