Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joyetech eVic - Provari challenger?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Down to €56 now and discount code boards will give 15% for the next few days

In seriousness though I'd love to try the eVic - for the simple reason I think it looks funky! Paired with my Kangers the different limits etc are not an issue for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

A lot of newbies seem a bit put off by the size of eGos, never mind a large yoke like the eVic.
    The Janty MiD might be a good crossover device size-wise, but needing to pay for upgrades and the plethora of inane options might frighten people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

sept09baby wrote: »

In seriousness though I'd love to try the eVic - for the simple reason I think it looks funky! Paired with my Kangers the different limits etc are not an issue for me

That's a serious bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

See, see, see, Lucutus even cheaper than the Twist now, see, see :p

She meant the Twist set. Silly-bum.

• Advertisement

Oops I meant the Kanger Twist kit is now €56! Sorry for the confusion.

Will still be the kit I recommend to newbies - size, build quality and simplicity being the main reasons.

grindle wrote: »
    She meant the Twist set. Silly-bum.
    :D:D:D
    That's me down to a T
    Never bother checking things or reading instructions :D
    Still haven't read the instructions for the eVic yet :eek:

Kanger great value @ €56 anyway. It's what got me into vaping in the first place. So simple to use. Very light to carry around etc.

What, these ones?

Instructions
    • Insert battery
    • Vape for a few seconds
    • Recoil in disgust
    • Throw in bin

What, these ones?

Instructions
    • Insert battery
    • Vape for a few seconds
    • Recoil in disgust
    • Throw in bin
    You crack me up Grinds :p, naw not them downloading the latest firmware etc

• Advertisement

What, these ones?

Instructions
    • Insert battery
    • Vape for a few seconds
    • Recoil in disgust
    • Throw in bin

The Kanger? It's not that bad though.

<Ollie> wrote: »
    :D:p

<Ollie> wrote: »

No, the eVic. That'll teach me for not quoting posts. Twist fan. Kanger fan.
    Neither are bad at all. Somebody needs to bring out a 2ft long Twist for me to be happy with the battery life though.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

that could be a new market the walking stick vape kit

I'm following ye now. For the price of those two, you can't go wrong as a starter pack.

Nobody is going to start off with a provari anyway (but they probably should).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

This thread thrived yesterday! :D
    kiffy wrote: »
    :D:D:D
    That's me down to a T
    Never bother checking things or reading instructions :D
    Still haven't read the instructions for the eVic yet :eek:

I couldn't possibly comment!

Here's two comparable shopping carts:

I think the kanger kit still represents the best value for a beginner or someone buying one thing as a gift.
    ARJaD.png

I reckon if you were a starter going with the eVic, you would want at least another battery as a starter, (you know, for a spare), along with a couple of kanger T3's as a baseline and some juice ofc.
    F7Sbs.png

I agree that a starter who is committed to trying vaping might benefit from spending twice as much upfront for savings in the long run.

It's great that we have the Vamo and eVic options now instead of just the ProVari, giving people a midrange to upgrade to or start on if they wish.

Lucutus wrote: »
    This thread thrived yesterday! :D

I couldn't possibly comment!

Here's two comparable shopping carts:

I think the kanger kit still represents the best value for a beginner or someone buying one thing as a gift.
    ARJaD.png

I reckon if you were a starter going with the eVic, you would want at least another battery as a starter, (you know, for a spare), along with a couple of kanger T3's as a baseline and some juice ofc.
    F7Sbs.png

I agree that a starter who is committed to trying vaping might benefit from spending twice as much upfront for savings in the long run.

It's great that we have the Vamo and eVic options now instead of just the ProVari, giving people a midrange to upgrade to or start on if they wish.
    Granted the Kanger is the best value money wise (although I could get the evic total down to €80 by shopping at more than one website, and buying an efest instead of an AW IMR but thats only penny pinching), you won't beat the Kanger for price and the battery is a good one, but I have 3 twists and haven't used them since August, don't even use my LT anymore.

Maybe I would be plugging the Vamo if I had tried one over the Twist, and maybe there is not much difference in the Vamo over the evic/Provari except the hype (and price), can't say as I haven't tried it, but everyone that has seems to loves it. All I know is that not long after getting twists I was looking for something better, so it would work out cheaper in the long run for someone to avoid the route I took. I spent €285 on my Provari set up, but the eVic has worked out much cheaper as I have all the bits already, and got it for just the cost of the mod, which won't be the case for a cigalike up-grader, haven't worked out the price to upgrade straight to the Vamo but at €39 for it it wouldn't be too much more than the pre sale price of the Kanger Twist?

But I concede :mad: that the Kanger/Vamo is the cheapest upgrade or starter kit :o
    There that's my new years resolution kicking in already (try not to take the pi$$ so much and be more agreeable :eek:) Stupid resolutions

You own both a Provari and an eVic?? Disregarding all other set ups, how do those two compare?

You own both a Provari and an eVic?? Disregarding all other set ups, how do those two compare?

Well the first noticeable difference is the weight, the eVic seems about half the weight, but performance wise I cant find any difference in them. The visual interface of the eVic is a nice/new way of using a mod, and I don't know how far they can upgrade the eVic with software updates in the future, with the first upgrade they have made the eVic a wattage controlling device as well as volts, so what else (if anything they can improve on with further upgrades) ok with a 2.6 ohm coil I can only get 9.6 watts but at that tastes a little burnt 9 watts is my choice with the juice I'm using, the Provari will give you as much as you want, but at 2.5mg juice 9 watts is plenty, though Grind's would turn his nose up at that low wattage :p

I think the weight of the Provari makes it seem more the better quality mod as you think it has to be better as the inside must be better quality because it so much heavier. But if someone held both in my mouth (not at the same time of course) and eyes closed I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. Very pleased with the performance of the eVic

One point they have in common is I will need adapters for both as I tried the T3 on the eVic and it wouldnt fire even though it has the eGo connection haven't tried the Vision or other eGo clearomisers on it, as my sole clearo device is the Viva's

...if someone held both in my mouth (not at the same time of course)...

Fill two devices with the same or complimentary juices, and do this. Vape both at the same time.
    THAT'S the shít right there.
    Then you'll understand why I bang on about dual coils so much.
    Short draw... Pounding... Back... Throat.... Dead... Heaven...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

a 9 watt vape on the same atomiser would be the same on a provari, an evic, an ego twist or a modified toaster. if it wants to beat the provari the evic will have to last as long as provaris tend to, it will have to have the same consistency in the vape as the battery drains and equal or better battery life. those are the things that matter in a mmod.

a 9 watt vape on the same atomiser would be the same on a provari, an evic, an ego twist or a modified toaster. if it wants to beat the provari the evic will have to last as long as provaris tend to, it will have to have the same consistency in the vape as the battery drains and equal or better battery life. those are the things that matter in a mmod.

Good points Dig's, the eVic performed the same all the way through the batteries life on the Samsung (22 hrs) in vape performance, battery life of the evic was over twice the life as I have a mini with 18500's (usually 9 hrs). the life of the mod will take a bit of time to access.

Don't know if I want it to beat the Provari, only perform as well and give me 2 choices of consistent quality vaping.

BTW which website stocks the modified toaster haven't come across that mod before ;) will deffo get a few funny looks vaping that in the pub :eek:

Made a boo boo, at 2.6 ohm the wattage limit is 11, I'm set at 9.6, didn't check settings before writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

But I concede :mad: that the Kanger/Vamo is the cheapest upgrade or starter kit :o
    There that's my new years resolution kicking in already (try not to take the pi$$ so much and be more agreeable :eek:) Stupid resolutions

phew, good stuff Kiff McKiffington. Attempting to keep you honest on here to provide factual, impartial information to new vapers would be a full time job! Doubt it would work anyway ;)

Hopefully in three months time we can do it all again with a new round of freshly released toys mods.

Lucutus wrote: »
    Attempting to keep you honest on here to provide factual, impartial information to new vapers would be a full time job! Doubt it would work anyway ;)
    Sure yur only saying that coz it's true.

Advertisement