Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eels - Limelight & Olympia March 14th/15th 2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Penfailed

blastman wrote: »
    What time were the eels onstage at, roughly?

9:30...finished at 11.30 :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

i'm going tonight, can't wait. Saw them in Vicar Street a few years back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Penfailed wrote: »
    9:30...finished at 11.30 :D

Hopefully they'll start more towards 9 tonight because I think the curfew in the Olympia is 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Was the setlist anything like this last night (which I think is a pretty good one, to be honest)?

Was the setlist anything like this last night (which I think is a pretty good one, to be honest)?

There is one up from last night on that site but it's a bit shorter than the one you posted. Looks like it's mostly the same. Could've been the very same and a few songs are just missing on the site.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eels/2013/limelight-belfast-northern-ireland-bdb4d66.html

Also a few videos from last night I came across

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nf67-zCEvQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gFDMlSx144

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FQLc5oORvE

• Advertisement

Cheers, that setlist wasn't up when I posted, thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Heading along to the Olympia tonight. 4th time to see em live. Can't wait. I like the new album. The title track is awesome.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That was pretty damn good, I'm getting one of those track suits :D

LOL I was thinking the same thing!

Great gig, tempted to look for a ticket for tomorrow night....hmmm.....

LOL I was thinking the same thing!

Great gig, tempted to look for a ticket for tomorrow night....hmmm.....

Thinking the same about the trackies too :P

Also thinking the same about tomorrow.

Brilliant show, some of the songs changed up a bit were great. I didn't know Fresh Feeling untill it started. Go Eels!

Edit to add, I thought it was annoying that even though Eels were back on stage playing
    Dog Faced Boy
    during the 'surprise' encore. The security wouldn't let any folks back into the front area. Took E cursing at them to make them.

• Advertisement

CiaranK wrote: »

Thinking the same about the trackies too :P

Also thinking the same about tomorrow.

Brilliant show, some of the songs changed up a bit were great. I didn't know Fresh Feeling untill it started. Go Eels!

Loved the way they played fresh feeling, didn't recognise it until he started singing either.
    Climbing to the Moon
    was the highlight for me though, hadn't expected them to play it at all.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Loved the way they played fresh feeling, didn't recognise it until he started singing either. Climbing to the Moon was the highlight for me though, hadn't expected them to play it at all.

Yeah Climbing to the Moon was beautiful. I was the same, wasn't expecting it at all. Thats probably one of my favourite Eels songs I'd say. Delighted they played it.

Also did anyone see/get why the roadies held up .9 and 10 (Or something like that) on pages at one stage. I just noticed them for a second holding it up to the crowd. I don't know how long they were there.

Also did anyone see/get why the roadies held up .9 and 10 (Or something like that) on pages at one stage. I just noticed them for a second holding it up to the crowd. I don't know how long they were there.

I think they were scoring the crowd out of ten, or maybe the band. They only came out towards te end of the last song. Just a bit of a joke I reckon.

Anyone know what the story with the air guitar guy was though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Hippo

I thought it was annoying that even though Eels were back on stage playing
    Dog Faced Boy
    during the 'surprise' encore. The security wouldn't let any folks back into the front area. Took E cursing at them to make them.

Yeh the security were particularly ignorant at the end. Ridiculous carry-on, the crowd could hardly have been more easygoing. Fantastic gig though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Loved the way they played fresh feeling, didn't recognise it until he started singing either.
    Climbing to the Moon
    was the highlight for me though, hadn't expected them to play it at all.

Yeah I thought that too.

Very impressed overall, great show. Don't want to say too much on specific songs in case I spoil it for anyone tonight!

Hippo wrote: »
    Yeh the security were particularly ignorant at the end. Ridiculous carry-on, the crowd could hardly have been more easygoing. Fantastic gig though!

I'd agree entirely with all of this, thought the Academy bouncers were bad before...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

What a brilliant gig. Probably the best Eels gig I've seen. Delighted they played Climbing To The Moon. The drummer is absolutely awesome.

Mr' E's beautiful blue...

IMG_2968.jpg

• Advertisement

Just wondering...did they do the whole E getting hitched to the guitarist thing like they did in Belfast?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Here's one of the encores in Belfast -

They did do the getting hitched thing last night in Dublin, yeah...

They did do the getting hitched thing last night in Dublin, yeah...

The whole show seemed very choreographed to me. Loved it though :D

No word on last night? Did anyone else buy the Tremendous Dynamite live CD that was on sale? Listening to it at the moment, sounds really good so far...

A few more from the first night.

On The Ropes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Zm1S6-J0s

Dirty Girl
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e2Q5mFoxZ4

I'm Your Brave Little Soldier & Climbing To The Moon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7bvqjd8He4

Yeah I got the live album too, it sounds great.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

holy shiiiyut that was some gig on saturday! amazing throughout. the highlight being the monster / blues mashup. unreal stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 coconutpie

great gig, really loved it.
    Over the top security staff were ridiculous in my opinion - E calling them assholes during the last encore was due justice :-)

Advertisement