Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eels - Limelight & Olympia March 14th/15th 2013

Options
  • 27-11-2012 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭

Just heard that eels are playing two dates in Ireland next March, the Limelight in Belfast on the 14th and the Olympia in Dublin on the 15th. One to put on the to-do list, I think!!

Their new album, Wonderful Glorious, is out on Feb 5th, by the way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Great shout, just got an email about that there. Will be one to go to for sure

Streaming a song from the new album

http://soundcloud.com/vagrantrecords/eels-peach-blossom

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

Fantastic news! This is the first "must go to" gig of 2013 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

Getting paid Friday so tickets will be purchased immediately when they go on sale!

I got my tickets through the bands website. I bought 2 tickets for the Limelight in Belfast and the total cost was £53.65, had i bought them on Ticketmaster they would have been £71. Just a thought for anyone who's interested!

• Advertisement

I got my tickets through the bands website. I bought 2 tickets for the Limelight in Belfast and the total cost was £53.65, had i bought them on Ticketmaster they would have been £71. Just a thought for anyone who's interested!

Legend.

Just got tickets for the Olympia there.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

waht are they like live?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I wish I'd read this thread earlier! I bought two tickets for the Limelight gig today - £69 :rolleyes:

Can't wait :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

What's the capacity of the Limelight?

What's the capacity of the Limelight?

The original Limelight had a capacity of around 400 (I saw Oasis there in '94). The new Limelight (which used to be called The Spring and Airbrake) has a capacity of 900. The original Limelight is now called the Limelight 2 :rolleyes:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Extra date added for the Olympia on March 16, on sale this Friday

Listen to the new album here - http://www.phantom.ie/page/190.195/1770/0/ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

past few albums haven't been great I think but always a bit excited to hear any of his new work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Ordered the album and the ticket through their website as posted above, the album arrived in the post yesterday. Just wondering if anyone received tickets yet, though (I haven't)?

Same as above, I haven't received my tickets either yet but I wouldn't worry for another few weeks yet.

blastman wrote: »
    Ordered the album and the ticket through their website as posted above, the album arrived in the post yesterday. Just wondering if anyone received tickets yet, though (I haven't)?

I ordered tickets via the website for the Belfast gig and the only option was to collect the tickets at the venue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

Got tickets today so ganna bump this!
    Just over a week before the Friday gig.

Here's a link to a recent setlist for anyone interested:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eels/2013/930-club-washington-dc-73db7eb5.html

Got mine in the post there yesterday as well.

Really looking forward to it.

Mine arrived Monday, all systems go!

Hang around after the house lights go on. They play a few encores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭martybike

Looking forward to this one Big Time!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

headin in on both nights. should be a whopper! struggling with the new album, but will give it a serious listen this week...

cany wait!

Penfailed wrote: »
    Hang around after the house lights go on. They play a few encores.

I know they've done that for years, I just hope they are able to in the Olympia.

Getting close now. Last day of work today so nice long weekend ahead getting kicked off in style tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Capri86

Just got tickets for my birthday. It'll be my 5th time seeing them but it never gets old as each time is so unique

Really looking forward to tonight's gig :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

Does anyone know who the support act is?

Can't find anything online, just a tweet about tonights gig
    The very, very awesome @THE_EELS play Belfast's Limelight 1 tonight. Be down for 8.30pm - a little birdie tells us it will be worth it!

Does anyone know who the support act is?

It was Nicole Atkins in Belfast - http://www.facebook.com/NicoleAtkinsOfficial?group_id=0

I didn't see her. The Eels were fantastic! Brilliant show. They did the whole three encore thing, even putting the lights on. At least half the crowd had left before they came back on the last time :D

What time were the eels onstage at, roughly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 coconutpie

From Olympia website:

"Approximate stage times as follows: doors open 7pm, support act Nicole Atkins on stage around 8.15pm, with Eels due on at 9pm to about 10.45pm. Please note these times are appoximate, and subject to change as always."

Can't bloody wait :-)

Advertisement