Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midwest/West Region Vapemeet

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I would love to go but only back in the country Saturday morning and back out on Monday so I should spend time with the family:rolleyes:

I like the idea about discussing vendors and vaper interests. I would have liked to raised a couple of points:
    • Product labeling standards - Minimum to data to include for example: date of mixing, base ingredients with link to sources, expiry date, nic content
    • Product instructions - Official web site or source with common product instructions (available for PDF download) so all common products shipped by vendors have a link to the product instructions/guidelines

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

krissovo wrote: »
    I would love to go but only back in the country Saturday morning and back out on Monday so I should spend time with the family:rolleyes:

I like the idea about discussing vendors and vaper interests. I would have liked to raised a couple of points:
    • Product labeling standards - Minimum to data to include for example: date of mixing, base ingredients with link to sources, expiry date, nic content
    • Product instructions - Official web site or source with common product instructions (available for PDF download) so all common products shipped by vendors have a link to the product instructions/guidelines

Hi Krissova, pity you cant make it this time but hopefully next one. :)
    I will jot down your 2 points and them at the meeting.

sept09baby wrote: »
    Really wish I could go. You arrange great vape-meets newmark!

Yea its a pity about the timing not being right for you and would be great if you could have come as it wont be the same without the sept09baby gang! Never mind we will make up for it at the next one wherever it may be ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I'm still unsure if i'll make it up or not but just picking up on point B, this is exactly what i'm aiming for with my website, unfortunately between work, a family member having a bit of a health scare and broadband issues its taking far far longer than I anticipated to get going.

Saying that, all the basics have been sorted and over the next few weeks there will be a large amount of tutorial videos and downloadable user guides uploaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Best of luck with the meet, hope it goes well. As with some others, its not something I can attend due to distance and work commitments, but I'm going to try attend one(s) in the future.

• Advertisement

I received the Wooden Box Mod from ESI this morning for the free raffle on Sunday and all I'll say is someone out there is going to win one hell of a nice Mod!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Hmm, I may need to send a proxy to enter the raffle on my behalf!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

newmark wrote: »
    Yea its a pity about the timing not being right for you and would be great if you could have come as it wont be the same without the sept09baby gang! Never mind we will make up for it at the next one wherever it may be ;)

Oh god i have a gang - feel like a hard *ss now :D

Take plenty of pics!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Gona miss this one due to car tax being out but next time for sure.
    Enjoy yerselves and let us know what comes from the org idea.

Next time....

Lads, Sunday evening and no update :D

How was it?
    Did the evic get an outing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Their still drinking :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Lads, Sunday evening and no update :D

How was it?
    Did the evic get an outing?

Hi Kris, eVic got an outing and I won it in the raffle YEEE HAAA :p
    Good chats and enjoyable afternoon bit low on numbers, but hey at least there was no rif raf there (except for me that is :p)

Oh and there was no sign on the eVic BTW :( gonna have to wait until it comes out this month) and as for drinking, all I had was one pint of Coca Cola :eek:

kiffy wrote: »
    Hi Kris, eVic got an outing and I won it in the raffle YEEE HAAA :p

Wow, that's karma for the good deal I got on the elips ;)

Great day, totally enjoyed it.
    Thanks to everyone that traveled as well as the vendors for their support. A little birdie tells me that there will be a meet in Dublin after xmas so looking forward to it as I know the timing of this meet didn't suit a lot of people. There are some pictures up on the facebook Irish Vaping group for anyone that would like to see them but mostly not my ones so I can't post them here. http://www.facebook.com/groups/irishvaping/

Wow, that's karma for the good deal I got on the elips ;)

Hope your enjoying it, would have kept it had I not seen the eVic, ESI are holding back on getting them due to some poor reviews on ECF, don't care still going to get one, got my mind set on it now wild horse won't stop me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

kiffy wrote: »
    Hope your enjoying it, would have kept it had I not seen the eVic, ESI are holding back on getting them due to some poor reviews on ECF, don't care still going to get one, got my mind set on it now wild horse won't stop me :D

Not so much poor reviews, more that it doesn't do what it says it can.

The 15watt limitation is actually an 11watt limitation.
    Makes it suitable only for single coils really. DCCs or duals in rebuildables will work a tiny bit better than if they were on a normal non-VV eGo.

Uses a little less than 10% of the battery in "Power Off" mode.
    Most others use between 0.1-1.0%
    Power not-so-off mode.
    Standby Mode makes it drain the battery properly when not in use. Strange.

Annnnd it's not a variable wattage device. One of it's main selling points.
    It's a wattage-voltage calculator. You tell it what wattage you want, it'll measure the resistance of your atty and suggest the voltage to set it to, then you set the voltage.

Hopefully a firmware update fixes it or some boffin hacks it to work properly (or even better).

Reply to Grinds last post

Not so much poor reviews, more that it doesn't do what it says it can.

The 15watt limitation is actually an 11watt limitation.
    That would give a voltage of 5.1 with a 2.4 ohm coil - or 5.5v with a 2.8 ohm coil, never going to go that higher voltage anyway, and never going to use a dual coil, or never use a coil lower than 2.4, so it would do me fine in that respect.
    Makes it suitable only for single coils really. DCCs or duals in rebuildables will work a tiny bit better than if they were on a normal non-VV eGo.

Uses a little less than 10% of the battery in "Power Off" mode.
    Now that would be a pain in the backside were it not a 2600 mAh battery and will last days anyway. If it becomes an issue I can take the battery out at night.
    Most others use between 0.1-1.0%
    Power not-so-off mode.
    Standby Mode makes it drain the battery properly when not in use. Strange.

Annnnd it's not a variable wattage device. One of it's main selling points.
    It's a wattage-voltage calculator. You tell it what wattage you want, it'll measure the resistance of your atty and suggest the voltage to set it to, then you set the voltage.
    Not a big issue for me as I don't deal in wattage anyway only volts, hit and vapour is what I set my devices at and what ever wattage that come out as is fine by me.

Hopefully a firmware update fixes it or some boffin hacks it to work properly (or even better).
    All your points are very valid, but not ones that have put me off the device, and as you say an update to download in the future might resolve some of the issues that might put people off it now.

Gimme my eVic Nooowwww ;)

Cool, I know those are issues that'd only affect a small minority of vapers, just spreading the info so someone doesn't buy it just because Joyetech had a good name up to now, and expect great performance from a DCC or a low-ohm Genni build.

Enjoy your eVic!

grindle wrote: »
    just spreading the info so someone doesn't buy it just because Joyetech had a good name up to now, and expect great performance from a DCC or a low-ohm Genni build.
    The Ovale Ireland website is advertising on their site that "The Ovale eVic coming soon" are they cut from the same cloth (Joyetech & Ovale) or the usual same product by a gazillion companies :confused:

Ovale's a vendor that pays Joyetech to stick their branding on Joyetech products, much like Totally Wicked.

The eGo that Joyetech became famous for was them producing a design by Janty, so they take the concept credit. Joyetech started manufacturing eGos to a lower spec than the ones they were producing for Janty (who seem to be big on QC) and selling to anyone who wanted them rebranded.
    That seems to be Janty's side of the story.
    We'll see how useful their quality control is when the MID is released, but I still have no idea why I'd want my vape to change mid-vape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Hi lads can i ask how often these meets are?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

I Think the next one is in Dublin, Think its Febuary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Balls, bit of a distance for me ill wait till it comes down this way again

Advertisement