Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midwest/West Region Vapemeet

Options
  • 26-11-2012 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

I have organised a Vapemeet for Sunday 9th December to be held in The Hunters Lodge, Newmarket on Fergus, Co. Clare from 12.30 - 6pm ish..

They have given us a room that can hold 70 people to use and people will have the option of getting a Sunday lunch there as well if they wish, as well as making use of their bar facilities.

The venue is located a couple of minutes away when you come off exit 10 on the M18 Mortorway. Geographically its only a few miles from Shannon Airport for those of you who don't know the area very well.

There will be some vendors attending and hopefully a few small spot prizes in a raffle day as well and some juices to try out.

I also have 20 bottles of T-juice e-liquid that never made it to Vapefest due to a postal error to distribute on the day.

I will update in a week or so with what vendors may be attending and hope to see some of ye on the day. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

Nearly 3 hours from Navan... tough decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Dean I think you should be in charge of a north-east meet. You, me and Gwen for starters :-)

In charge as in turn up on the day? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Declan from EZsmoke has kindly donated a "Let There Be Juice Volume 1" Gift Tin as a spot prize for the Vape meetup on Sunday week and should be in attendance all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I'm not a regular on the forum, don't even have an e-cig, yet anyway, would it be cool if I attended?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im not going, but yes it would :)

at the original vapefest part of the idea was to get non-vapers in so they could have a look and see what it was all about, i'm sure this and any other meetups would be no different

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    I'm not a regular on the forum, don't even have an e-cig, yet anyway, would it be cool if I attended?

Yes like Digby said part of the idea is to try get information out there about ecigs and you would get to meet people that use ecigs and even try out some stuff if you wanted to.

I would be able to let you try out some of my devices and I'm sure there will be a few vendors selling some kits and bits and pieces on the day as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Cool thanks lads. Think I will pop out, would be nice to see what's out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

newmark wrote: »
    I have organised a Vapemeet for Sunday 9th December to be held in The Hunters Lodge, Newmarket on Fergus, Co. Clare from 12.30 - 6pm ish..

The venue is located a couple of minutes away when you come off exit 10 on the M18 Mortorway. Geographically its only a few miles from Shannon Airport for those of you who don't know the area very well.

Great thats one of my 2 weekends off in the month :D will be there, don't know the area at all, apart from getting to Shannon airport, can't say I have noticed any signs for Newmarket on Fergus (Poor ole Fergus fancy having Newmarket on top of you all the time) do you carry on from the Shannon turn off (coming from Limerick now not Dumplin) :confused: must google it to see just where it is.

Just googled it. Says 41 minutes from Askeaton to Newmarket on poor old Fergus, wouldn't get their in 41 minutes if I took a short cut across the Estuary as the crow flies, where do they get their figures from? Going to have to be a dry day for me unfortunately, can't see the Mrs driving me up :mad:

kiffy wrote: »
    Great thats one of my 2 weekends off in the month :D will be there, don't know the area at all, apart from getting to Shannon airport, can't say I have noticed any signs for Newmarket on Fergus (Poor ole Fergus fancy having Newmarket on top of you all the time) do you carry on from the Shannon turn off (coming from Limerick now not Dumplin) :confused: must google it to see just where it is.

Just googled it. Says 41 minutes from Askeaton to Newmarket on poor old Fergus, wouldn't get their in 41 minutes if I took a short cut across the Estuary as the crow flies, where do they get their figures from? Going to have to be a dry day for me unfortunately, can't see the Mrs driving me up :mad:

I'm coming from navan... I think I should be felt sorry for more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 VapeTime

I'm not anywhere near the region to attend, but good luck with this :)

I like seeing these show up more and more. Hopefully I'll be able to attend one some time

Dean_Mc wrote: »
    I'm coming from navan... I think I should be felt sorry for more!

Don't mind the short distance just can't understand where Google gets it's fact from, wouldn't do it 41 minutes by Hellicopter never mind a car.

Don't mind the short distance just can't understand where Google gets it's fact from, wouldn't do it 41 minutes by Hellicopter never mind a car.

Stay on motorway Kiffy and its next turn off after Shannon exits, Its EXIT10 and just follow signs into the village and you will see the Hunters Lodge on the left. Its just 2 minutes drive in off the motorway.

Stay on motorway Kiffy and its next turn off after Shannon exits, Its EXIT10 and just follow signs into the village and you will see the Hunters Lodge on the left. Its just 2 minutes drive in off the motorway.

Cushty, not even I could get lost following those intsructions :eek:
    Will have to use the SatNav going home though, not very good at covering my tracks :D

Yes like Digby said part of the idea is to try get information out there about ecigs and you would get to meet people that use ecigs and even try out some stuff if you wanted to.

I would be able to let you try out some of my devices and I'm sure there will be a few vendors selling some kits and bits and pieces on the day as well. :)

Any Vendor going to be selling the Joye eVic ;)

Any Vendor going to be selling the Joye eVic ;)

I will hopefully have one that I can show you next Sunday but not for sale. I'm sure they will appear with some vendors before too long. :)

Paul from BestEcig has kindly sent on a bag of goodies including a selection of cartos and e-liquids for the Vapemeet next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lslh87

what is vaping

lslh87 wrote: »
    what is vaping

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056339316 Lots of info in that thread explaining the whole concept but its basically the term used for using electronic cigarettes as they produce a vapour and not smoke like tobacco cigarettes so its called vaping instead of smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lslh87

ah i c cheers

• Advertisement

I will hopefully have one that I can show you next Sunday but not for sale. I'm sure they will appear with some vendors before too long. :)

You'd better keep a good eye on it Shane, I heard it also has legs :eek:

Was going to order from a Greek website but they won't have until Dec 13th at earliest and probably wouldn't get here until after Xmas as closing date for posting from Greece is around that :( So hoping one of the Irish vendors are going to stock it. I'd pre-order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Odds of me making it across have gone up :D
    Defo cant stay down tho,i can offer a lift from Dublin if any one wants

4 days to go, cant wait! I should also have some more exciting news later today. ;)

Just to remind vendors and vapers alike that were hoping to throw some ideas on the table at this vapemeet and to try and organise some sort of a national organisation to represent Irish business and vapers interests going forward. Everyone is welcome to attend and should be good craic as well after the serious business is done :)

Here's the exciting news that I promised earlier.

e-smokeireland have given us a fantastic wooden box mod from momandpops in the USA for the raffle on Sunday.
    hiO1Yl.jpg

Ovale Ireland will be in attendance at Sundays Vapemeet and have given us 12 bottles of Ovale E-liquid for sampling on the day. :)

Ecirette Solutions will also be in attendance and have given us 5 x Mini starter kits for the raffle

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Another one I can't make unfortunately. Have fun all .

stevenmu wrote: »
    Another one I can't make unfortunately. Have fun all .

Hopefully there will be another one organised by someone in Dublin or Waterford around February Steven and you might make it third time lucky hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Really wish I could go. You arrange great vape-meets newmark!

Advertisement