Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgusting food combinations that people actually eat / have eaten?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,321 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I was having peas for dinner about two years ago, but forgot to put them on the plate and only found them about 11pm, so I had them for supper with a slice of Christmas cake. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I used to mix 7up with milk when I was younger... :eek: It had the consistency of vomit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Soda bread with rapberry jam , along with some tuna and cheese or ham and cheese on top. Along with an oxtail cup of soup to sip on

Its actually savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

When the OH was pregnant she used to eat tinned salmon and nutella sandwiches.
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    I used to mix 7up with milk when I was younger... :eek: It had the consistency of vomit.

They are fcuking criminal - I think I am emotionally scarred from that. I am with the OP on this - peanut butter and jam is a disgusting combination.

When I was a kid I used to have salad cream and sliced granny smith apple sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

toast with fried egg and honey with mustard and picadilly sauce

I gather you mean Picalilli sauce?

If so that sounds quite nice to me. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Here's one to split the boardsies down the middle.

Pineapple on a pizza is to me like ordering a bowl of icecream with pepperoni.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Calibos wrote: »

Not a fan of pineapple in anything apart from desserts aNd stuff. HATE it on a pizza or in a curry/sauce!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Went through a phase of drinking milk and cidona mixed when i was younger.

My grandad god rest him liked cold cabbage sandwiches with mustard. I still gag to this very day from just the smell of mustard. Horrendous combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,209 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Peanut butter and jam or honey or banana is lovely.

Cheese and jam also nice. In the north of england people eat cheese with apple pie and cheese with Christmas cake, that last one is the only way to eat Christmas cake!

Curry with banana - I thought everyone ate curry with banana but apparently not!

The only disgusting combination I can think of was my son's salad cream (not mayo!) and lemon curd sandwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Raspberry Jam\Bovril\Curry Powder on gash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Gee_G wrote: »
    Not a fan of pineapple in anything apart from desserts aNd stuff. HATE it on a pizza or in a curry/sauce!

Agreed but raisins and peas are nice in a curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I went into my sisters house one day and the kids were eating dinner at the time, one of them had what looked like a dollop of chocolate sauce on his plate but it turned out to be ketchup, brown sauce and mayonnaise mixed together. *puke*

The same manky little bastard eats hard boiled egg and marmalade sandwiches for lunch.

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Raisins are satans balloon knot disguised as food.

Calibos wrote: »

I'm trying that the next time i come back from the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

kowloon wrote: »
    Anyone try the tea and brown sauce combo after seeing Intermission? I didn't.
    YES - nasty.

Best combo ever - chili (crushed, dried, fresh - whatever!) and watermelon, divine.

Also, my sister ate cheeze and honey on buttered brown bread toast while pregnant.

MCMLXXV wrote: »

A cousin of mine wouldn't eat a curry without banana cut up into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

I knew a girl that would dunk biscuits into Pepsi... What a weird combination :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Milk and Berocca Boost. Not as bad as you'd expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

A spoon and a tub of butter...caught my brother eating a tub of butter when he was 4... yuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

In philipines I ate something called ballut
    Basically a boiled egg but the chick is still inside it
    Puked me ring up and it's supposed to be a delicacy
    Also supposed to be afrodisiac
    Did fcuk all for me

• Advertisement

In philipines I ate something called ballut
    Basically a boiled egg but the chick is still inside it
    Puked me ring up and it's supposed to be a delicacy
    Also supposed to be afrodisiac
    Did fcuk all for me
    That sounds absolutely horrendous!

iDann wrote: »
    A spoon and a tub of butter...caught my brother eating a tub of butter when he was 4... yuck!
    My niece used To eat all the foil things of butter you get in restaurants and stuff. She'd literally squeeze it into her hand and eat it! :( needless to say everything had to be buttered very quickly on days out and we had to then get the butter removed from the table :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

That sounds absolutely horrendous!
    Look it up
    It's looks even worse than it sounds

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I'm just wondering if anyone here has actually tried brown sauce mixed in with their tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

My brother used dip Nutella sandwiches into coke..
    Also few relations eat marmalade and cheese on toast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Not really a disgusting combo but in my eyes its just wrong....butter AND mayo on a sandwich!!! Pick one and stick to it :D

I always have both :pac:

My favourite is toast with fish fingers and a fried egg. and yes I have butter AND mayo on the toast :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Baguette, prawn salad, pineapple cubes

Divine :)

I always have both :pac:

My favourite is toast with fish fingers and a fried egg. and yes I have butter AND mayo on the toast :D
    wrong in so many ways :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I don't know how weird this is (probably quite), but I like having a bowl of cabbage with Gravy and lots of vinegar, I love vinegar on everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Just have red cabbage, you need vinegar for that

Advertisement