Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor's Surgery

Options
2»

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

The trouble with babies is they cant tell you what is wrong. It could be teething or it could be meningitis. All you know is that something is wrong and you need the doctor to assess it.

When my baby was 2 days old I noticed something and pointed it out to the nurse. Within 5 mins the paeditrician was at my bedside and calling up to neo-natal, where for 48hrs the baby underwent a battery of tests. Turns out it was something common in newborns, but no way would they take any chances.

A GP is going to ask a few questions, and do a few basic checks on the baby and probably refer the child to A&E.

You said yourself you had a minor ailment. Maybe the baby had a more serious condition. If the two of you were sitting in A&E, the baby would still be prioritiesd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I think most normal people wouldn't object to bubbas going before them. If they minded they would have aired at the time when given the opportunity. And, incidentally, a baby's temperature can spike dangerously high dangerously quickly or they can be very ill and the poor little things don't have the ability to vocalise where it hurts so of course priority should be given to them. I can't believe this has caused you to bitch and moan tbh. Next thing you'll saying someone in a wheelchair held you up getting on the bus :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

All the posters who are saying they would not mind, where does it stop? If five mothers come in with two children each do all these jumps the queue ?

There is usually a nurse who can see children first and then the doctor can check them but I don't think any of us would sit while every mother and child is prioritised.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mansized Wreath

OP,next time borrow a baby and get in quick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I was up in A&E once with a friend (who was visiting his Da). Anyhoo, my friend noticed a guy he knew and on having a chat with him we learned that he was in A&E with a mild fucking rash on his face that I honestly couldn't see. :confused::confused::confused:

I've come home from football with bad injuries a couple of times and waited until about 1am for the queues to dissipate before going up to A&E because I'm tuff me.

What was the question again?

• Advertisement
Advertisement