Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What time do you get up at in the morning and go to bed at night?

Options
  • 22-11-2012 3:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

I am a college student and start at 9 in the morning, bus arrives in Dublin at 8.10 and it is 8.30 when I arrive in college, later bus would be cutting it a bit tight. The bus leaves my town at 7.30.

I get up at 6.30 in the weekday mornings and go to bed between 11 and 12 at night. Weekends I usually get up at 11 or 12 in the morning and go to bed at 1 am or something (sometimes 2).

What about y'all?

Pollis multiple choice, so select the time you get up at and the time you go to bed at durig the week (or at you busiest period).

What time do you get up at / go to bed? 533 votes

5 AM
    0%
    6 AM
    3%
    SwampyRoyalMarinesmashRobbieTheRobbermr.jingleEl Weirdo[Deleted User]brummytomdarrcowstoneillEDDIE WATERSwazzer1al28283ThespoofertoexpressLenin Skynard 16 votes
    7 AM
    7%
    SwampyPherekydesRossFixxxedphilologosctrl-alt-deletesalad dodgerShenshencoffee_cakesmashBlowfishRobbieTheRobberGarHJuliusCaesarTeebor15SEPT 23 1989brianwalshcorkmsg11OSIEl Weirdohorse7 42 votes
    8 AM
    14%
    Ste.phenSwampyomahaidcujimmyRainMakerCalidenInnervisionPaulKKGLaDOScoffee_cakesmashfrashRobbieTheRobberjap gthowamidifferentAbreanbbampsycho-hopesozboxsebastianlieken 77 votes
    9 AM
    10%
    Sir Digby Chicken CaesareddhorseSwampychakotharain onNaosapplehunterDoraDeliteGrudairecoffee_cakeProxysmashWurlyRobbieTheRobberRaminahobbingaz15_Puma_Niall09mailrewopAbi 54 votes
    9PM
    3%
    SwampyFaithsmashRobbieTheRobberneil_hoseyEl WeirdoFlecktarnStorm 10PinturicchioHyperSkypeWipergerryg80al28283Vicar in a tutuDoctorDrewoodooThe InternetLenin SkynardTreehorn 18 votes
    10 PM
    2%
    SwampysmashRobbieTheRobberJuliusCaesarEl Weirdobrummytomal28283ThespooferGiller44wendell bortonLenin Skynard 11 votes
    11 PM
    5%
    SwampyShenshencoffee_cakesmashRobbieTheRobberTeebor15mr.jingleOSIEl WeirdostoneillnailstarTzrVwrNPinturicchiogreenbicyclecazwhateverMountain RescueBigBrownBearPawpad666Raging_Ninjaal28283 28 votes
    12 PM
    9%
    Ste.phenSwampyomahaidCalidenUthurapplehunterphilologosInnervisionsalad dodgercoffee_cakesmashRobbieTheRobberGarH_Puma_jap gtsozboxsebastianliekenTPDMint SauceEl Weirdo 51 votes
    1 AM
    13%
    Sir Digby Chicken CaesareddhorseRabiesSwampycujimmychakothaFaithEKRIUQRainMakerrain ongustafoctrl-alt-deletePaulKKDoraDelitesmashWurlyBlowfishfrashRobbieTheRobberRaminahobbin 72 votes
    I am a student
    7%
    SwampyPherekydesNaosGrudaireGLaDOSLone StoneProxysmashRobbieTheRobberNiall09mailrewopneil_hoseyAbiJev/NEl Weirdokingtutmoomanoptimistic_kilrushdarrcow 39 votes
    I work
    7%
    SwampycgordonfreemansmashRobbieTheRobbermailrewopEl WeirdoFlecktarnRHJbrummytomkilrushirish_manCiannPaclySayWhaaatHyperSkypeWiperDaNiEl1994Wetaifasttalkerchatanirishladal28283 39 votes
    I do either
    13%
    super_furryRabiesSwampyRainMakerrain onRossFixxxedphilologosInnervisionPaulKKGrudaireGLaDOScoffee_cakeProxysmashBlowfishfrashRobbieTheRobberJuliusCaesar_Puma_Niall09 70 votes
    I'd rather not say what I do
    1%
    SwampyPherekydesJupiterKidsmashRobbieTheRobberEl Weirdoal28283seven_elevenLenin Skynard 9 votes
    My getting up and goig o bed time varies too much to say
    1%
    RabiesSwampysmashRobbieTheRobberEl Weirdoal28283Lenin Skynard 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

what poll?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

I work
    smash wrote: »
    what poll?

Jaysus smash gimme a chance .. thread is only new :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

1 AM
    it should be 12AM, unless you mean noon at the end there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

TICK ALL THE BOXES!!!!!

I work
    In hidsight, this poll isn't gonna be very reliable and the thread migh turn to shite :P Let's see how it goes :P

• Advertisement

Go to bed around midnight, get up around 6.45 - or 6 of a fridee.

Wait. Either this is college homework or a sneaky ploy to figure out when there will be no mods about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I go to bed in the morning and get up at night.

I go to bed in the morning and get up at night.

What if the sun doesn't bother its arse getting out of bed, how do you know when to get up?

I work
    a sneaky ploy to figure out when there will be no mods about.

You got me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

I do either
    I get up when i want, except on Wednesdays when i get rudely awakened by the dustmen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

In hidsight, this poll isn't gonna be very reliable and the thread migh turn to ****e :P Let's see how it goes :P

We will be the ones to decide that.:mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

11 PM
    I get up at 6, and go to bed between 10 and 11.
    On weekends, I usually have a lie-in and get up around 8 or 9. I'd probably still go to bed at the same time, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Poll needs more options.

I go to bed at 2am and wake at 7:30am.

Really can't understand how people can, let alone need, 8/9/10 hours sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Alarm goes off at 6:40am, hit snooze a few times and get up at 7. Head to bed at about 11:30 or 12ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

What if the sun doesn't bother its arse getting out of bed, how do you know when to get up?

I know, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭thier

Wtf? The structure of this poll is ridiculous. The results will be meaningless!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Whatever time I wake up at
    I work shift work so I'm all over the place

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

I hope the OP is not doing Statitics or anything like that in college coz if so his fooked

P.S I usually wake up when herself's alarms fookn buzzs in my ear.he refuses to make it to her side of the bed. I wouldnt mind if i was getting an auld blowie in the morning but not even that

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pacly

I work
    heh, I didn't realise it was multiple choice so just picked I am a Student. Feel it was the best answer though (having no sleep pattern)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I do either
    Last night didn't go to bed till 4am, got up again after midday.

If working will go to bed about 10 or 11, sleep around 12, awake again about 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

I do either
    The poll is absolutely pointless the way it is now. The question should be: "How many hours sleep do you get, on average, each week night?" I would be vaguely interested in the result of that poll.
    Personally, I try to get a minimum of 6 hours sleep per night and 7 hours is perfect. I have not had more than 7.5 hours of sleep on a work night in at least 15 years. Having said that, I sleep very well (unless there is alcohol involved) and don't feel in any way under-rested. Any adult who "needs" more than 8 hours sleep at night (am I allowed say "mainly women"? - please don't ban me!) is what my dear old mammy used to call "a lazy lump".

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭CastlebarMan

I get up around seven
    Get outta bed around nine
    And I don't worry about nothin' no
    Cause worryin's a waste of my, time

The show usually starts around seven
    We go on stage at nine
    Get on the bus at eleven
    Sippin' a drink and feelin' fine

We been dancin' with
    Mr. Brownstone
    He's been knockin'
    He won't' leave me alone

I used ta do a little but a little wouldn't do
    So the little got more and more
    I just keep tryin' ta get a little better
    Said a little better than before
    I used ta do a little but a little wouldn't do
    So the little got more and more
    I just keep tryin' ta get a little better
    Said a little better than before

We been dancin' with
    Mr. Brownstone
    He's been knockin'
    He won't leave me alone

Now I get up around whenever
    I used ta get up on time
    But that old man he's a real mutha****er
    Gonna kick him on down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I work
    Bed at 2/3 up around 11 if nothing to do, 7/8 for uni and 5 for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Usually go to bed between half one and two. Get up around 8.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I do either
    Get to sleep, on average, between 12.30 and 1.

Wake up at 7.15.

Weekdays obviously, weekend I don't get up before noon.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

I do either
    If im working the next day il go to bed around 12 and be up at 7 but if im not working it could be any time but il usually be up around 10 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I do either
    Up at 8ish, in bed between half 10 and 1am depending.

Then at the weekends I mightn't sleep until 6am, rise at noon - early afternoon. However I am destroyed on Friday nights and will usually pass out at about 3am after a feed of pints.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

12 PM
    rubbish poll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

In bed around 1/2 and up any time between 8-11 depending on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Go to bed around midnight and get up when the pisshorn needs draining

Advertisement