Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Phone Poll referring to the Savita H case

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

V1 wrote: »
    The recording above mentions "Professor Eamonn O'Dwyer" and quotes him as having 35 years experience as "Director of Obstetrics and Gynecology Galway" such a title does not exist, but googling the guy reveals a page on an extremist website quoting him in front of a Oireachtas committee on the subject in 2000.
    The name also pops up as being associated with NUIG and although I have to confess I am not familiar with the link between NUIG and UCHG, I believe there is one.

Great research V1 well done keep up the good work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Two investigations have been launched:
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/two-probes-launched-after-reports-of-abortion-related-automated-phonecalls-575161.html
    I have no doubt this will be the work of the Youth Defence/Life Institute Taliban.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

On Joe Duffy now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

On Joe Duffy now

In my mind, Joe Duffy has just been robocalled and hasn't noticed that it's not a real person.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,289 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I got one of those calls yesterday from an unavailable number, I put the phone down as soon as he started with the recorded voice. We are supposed to be on the 'no spam calls' though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

the up grading of bed sits . why are people surprised this has been coming for years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I got this call too, I found it to be in very bad taste ,in that my opinion is very personal and I'd think everyone's view on abortion is quite a personal opinion/choice too... And to call anonymously is just saying 'well we don't give a $hit who you are we just want an answer'.. Then we'll use that info and bend it to however we want!

Blueface replied to me. They did some checking and that number isn't one of theirs, so hopefully it will be found who the provider is and that, in turn, will show whoever did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Just got that call too.
    Didn't bother listening to it.
    I'm on the 'no-marketing-calls' list too.
    The number showed 'out of area'.
    If someone finds who this crowd is ....That'd be great. :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

I got that call yesterday too, and listened to the end of it then hung up without voting.

I'm on the list for no cold calling but this one got through, so I've written to the Data Commissioner.

They're talking about it on The Journal too ===> http://www.thejournal.ie/abortion-number-found-shut-down-685064-Nov2012/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Got this call at about 4ish today.
    Same as everyone else, Dr Blah blah etc.
    When it came to the "choose an option" part I hung up and rang my phone service provider.
    They said they have been aware of these calls for the last week and the chances are that once you click onto one of the "options" you will have accessed a "premium service" and will get a fair few quid added onto your next bill.

So in other words, a feckin scam.

Some amount of scum out there to try to profit from this tragedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Smidge wrote: »
    Got this call at about 4ish today.
    Same as everyone else, Dr Blah blah etc.
    When it came to the "choose an option" part I hung up and rang my phone service provider.
    They said they have been aware of these calls for the last week and the chances are that once you click onto one of the "options" you will have accessed a "premium service" and will get a fair few quid added onto your next bill.

So in other words, a feckin scam.

Some amount of scum out there to try to profit from this tragedy.

What? Are you sure about this? My sister pressed one of the options on it! :eek::eek:

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    What? Are you sure about this? My sister pressed one of the options on it! :eek::eek:

No, I'm not sure about it as the service provider wasn't even sure about it!!!

That was their take on it, that it was that kind of scam.

I have two aunties who got the calls also, one last night and one just before I got mine and they both pressed the options :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

friend at work was saying today that she got that call, and after she chose option 3 (I think that was 'have the same system as in the UK'), the system returned with 'invalid option, please select again'.

She was 100 % sure she pressed the 'correct' button on her phone.

If this is some pro-life campaign collecting 'votes' in a phone poll against abortion, it's pretty sneaky if it does not allow for a pro-choice option. Could also just be a scam though. Would love to know where they got the phone numbers from...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Got my 2nd one this evening. I just hung up. It's one of those things

galah wrote: »
    friend at work was saying today that she got that call, and after she chose option 3 (I think that was 'have the same system as in the UK'), the system returned with 'invalid option, please select again'.

She was 100 % sure she pressed the 'correct' button on her phone.

If this is some pro-life campaign collecting 'votes' in a phone poll against abortion, it's pretty sneaky if it does not allow for a pro-choice option. Could also just be a scam though. Would love to know where they got the phone numbers from...

+1 My number is ex-directory so where they got it from??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I worked in one of those places

It's random

They select their area, say 091 for Galway and then they'll randomly select first 3 numbers so we'll say 777 and now they can call every number with the last three numbers

So from 091 777 001 to 091 777 999

The client who ever it might be will work this out with management who then set up how they will do it

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭frfintanstack

A 12 week old lump of cells is not human life.

google 12 week fetus and look at the images.

we are all just lumps of cells by that analogy.

google 12 week fetus and look at the images.

we are all just lumps of cells by that analogy.
    The difference is we can survive by ourselves, a 12 week old fetus cannot.

Advertisement