Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding Real Christmas Trees / Stands - *Post all requests here*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Woodies have 8 foot trees. We got ours from there, heres a pic so you can see the size and shape. It was 53.99 but its also 20% off at the minute.

9001EBBA-6BEE-432E-BE45-523D0410A888-302-000000C7D659DFB3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Merged all requests for real Christmas Trees into one thread as there's lots of helpful information and it's best kept together.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Di901 wrote: »
    Hi!
    Really hope someone can help. I'm trying to get a large christmas tree between 8 and 10 foot but it has to be really FULL. I know some people like the trunk exposed but not us.

We've been getting this type of tree for 20 years and mostly get it from a well known place in Milltown but every year the man who runs it is incredibly rude to us and he keeps jacking up his prices. This year when he quoted us €120 for our 'very special tree'(his words not ours) I hit my limit. We've also bought our tree from the lads next door to him who are really nice guys but they had none of those trees this year- maybe due to the tree shortage i heard about? We got lucky with the scouts in terenure last year but again this year, none.

Please help me out! Please please please!!!

75 euro for a nice 14 foot Noble Fir.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jjdub1

For anyone looking for real trees at a reasonable price B&Q are doing Norway spruce, small - ranging up to 6 ft for €9 and larger ones up to 9ft for €20 and once you put it in one of these tree stand.jpg they'll last a good 3 weeks indoors (with some needle loss)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Cicilulu

I'm wondering if there are any places around Dublin (preferably Dublin 8 or 12) that have real christmas trees for sale at a reasonable price. My parents are pensioners and they're on the lookout for one. The prices being quoted this year are around €65. I live overseas (Sweden) and they cost 1/3 - 1/2 of that over here. Why are they so expensive in Ireland this year? Can anyone recommend a reasonable retailer?

• Advertisement

Over here on the eh "Northside" they dont ripp you off.

Real 7.5-8 foot Noble Fir trees for 40-45 euro.:D

And a 14 footer for a mere 75 euro.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

7/8 foot xmas tree prices in Donegal : (might help with price comparisons)

cheaper looking trees with upward sweeping branchs : €15/ €25
    exceptionally gorgeous tree : €40 (with a free bag of logs)

Thanks for the pointers. So they get cheaper the further north you go. I'll get my Mam to ring around a few of the places mentioned above (Homebase, B&Q and Woodies). Failing that they'll have to cough up or drive over a bridge.

Cicilulu wrote: »
    Thanks for the pointers. So they get cheaper the further north you go. I'll get my Mam to ring around a few of the places mentioned above (Homebase, B&Q and Woodies). Failing that they'll have to cough up or drive over a bridge.

Your local fruit and veg shop should be selling them......as thats what allmost all fruit and veg shops do at Xmass time (trees and wreaths).

You will get a very good price and you are keeping money in the local area and keeping jobs going too.:)

Woodies are doing 6-7 foot trees with 20% off at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Went to Ikea yesterday and they have none left so we bought ours in B&Q in Airside for €28.99 and €13.20 for a stand. Grand job.

• Advertisement

My sister said Mac Salvage in Island Bridge, Dublin 8 are selling them like hotcakes, getting new ones everyday. I phoned them and the chap said they were €25. I asked if they were all the same price and he said "I'll look after you". I expect my folks will get a good deal here with plenty of choice. And like a previous poster pointed out, it's good to support small businesses like this. So, there is good value to be found south of the Liffey! Albeit 20 meters south of the Liffey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I'm dreading moving mine now. It hasn't been shedding needles at all til yesterday and today. The slightest touch and there's needles everywhere so moving it out is going to be a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jjdub1

I got 3 full weeks without needle drop (norway spruce) although a few fell when taking it down and it's now outside looking pretty full still - It was the first year I used a resevoir stand and have been converted :)

Advertisement