Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-criminal antisocial behavior.

Options
  • 21-11-2012 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭

Like...pissing on the toilet seat in a public facility. Why do people do this? In a busy pub/club at 1am when everyone is hammered, i can see how that happens but in the afternoon in a cafe, shopping centre, airport etc to be presented with a seat soaked in some pikeys rancid piss...there is just no need for it. Someone has to use the toilet after you and someone has to clean the place. It's nasty and just plain ignorant.

Another is people who pick their nose and then wipe the resulting snotty truffle on the wall of the toilet. Disgusting, unnessersary.

What non criminal antisocial behavior gets on your wick?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Another is people who pick their nose and then wipe the resulting snotty truffle on the wall of the toilet. Disgusting, unnessersary.

This one I'll never understand. You're in a toilet, use the fucking toilet paper and dispose of it properly!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ring tones/music played on phones on buses. ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

People who eat with their mouths open so the whole world can see and hear every glorious bite. Seriously how can you be that age and have never been told to close your mouth when chewing.

All this type of behaviour boils down to the fact people are either stupid, socially retarded or just d1cks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I'd love to know whether Irish people are more or less prone to doing this compared to other nationalities.

I'm in a prejudiced mood today and whether it's the foreigners or the Irish, I want to have a go at someone, dammit!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Aggressive attitudes. Like when a group of youngster wannabe scum walk down the street together with that uppety-downy walk they think makes them look hard, not giving way to other people walking, kicking rubbish that happens to be on the footpath, and generally just being assholes. I know they're not doing anything illegal, but why they feel the need to be as aggressive and rude and un-mannerly as possible when they have absolutely zero reason to be is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Douse with water, followed by cattle prod.

Like...pissing on the toilet seat in a public facility. Why do people do this? In a busy pub/club at 1am when everyone is hammered, i can see how that happens but in the afternoon in a cafe, shopping centre, airport etc to be presented with a seat soaked in some pikeys rancid piss...there is just no need for it. Someone has to use the toilet after you and someone has to clean the place. It's nasty and just plain ignorant.

Toilets are the ultimate embodiment of the broken window theory. As soon as there's a drop of piss on the seat it'll be destroyed by the next few people.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

donalg1 wrote: »
    People who eat with their mouths open so the whole world can see and hear every glorious bite. Seriously how can you be that age and have never been told to close your mouth when chewing.

All this type of behaviour boils down to the fact people are either stupid, socially retarded or just d1cks

Not really sure that fits the bill of non-criminal antisocial behaviour...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

People working in pubs putting the music up really loud. The worst kind of anti-social behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

It's pretty rage inducing. I know someone that takes a solid 10 minutes to slobber, slurp and masticate an apple. I'll end up burying him in a field somewhere, it's fcuking horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dollypet

People walking with buggys with someone walking next to them taking up the whole path that dont go single file so we call all pass each other while on the path. I shouldnt have to step onto the road to pass you because you cant be fúcked with single file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

Spitting on the street/footpath, hate it disgusting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Why wouldn't it? Its just as anit-social as having a dump in public, only its the opposite bodily function. As with all bodily functions, they are natural, but we have to have a certain amount of discretion and respect for others regarding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Spitting in public. Ggggggrrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Shryke wrote: »
    It's pretty rage inducing. I know someone that takes a solid 10 minutes to slobber, slurp and masticate an apple. I'll end up burying him in a field somewhere, it's fcuking horrible.

Just don't look at his mouth, it's not rocket science.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Plonking a vehicle on a footpath, discommoding people navigating.
    You know it's not a car park, you can see people walking from A to B, why do you do it? Why!?
    Incredibly anti-social.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Confab wrote: »
    Just don't look at his mouth, it's not rocket science.

It's the sounds far more than the sight. Think about it.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Plonking a vehicle on a footpath, discommoding people navigating.
    You know it's not a car park, you can see people walking from A to B, why do you do it? Why!?
    Incredibly anti-social.

It's even worse for people in wheelchairs. They often can't get off footpaths because of it. Or when people park in the bus stop space, so the bus can't pull in and lower the ramp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

The handle of Diesel pumps always covered in diesel!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Not sure if it's anti-social, but you know when your working away in the office, trying to get your work done and every time you pass by a colleague's work station you notice him/her typing away on boards.ie and basically not doing the job he/she's paid to do?:D

• Advertisement

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's anti-social, but you know when your working away in the office, trying to get your work done and every time you pass by a colleague's work station you notice him/her typing away on boards.ie and basically not doing the job he/she's paid to do?

They're not paying me enough to do the job they're paying me for.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

Economists refer to it as "The Tragedy of Commons".

Because a public toilet is a common/public utility, this dilutes an individuals responsibility toward it and thus we get pissed on toilet seats etc.

Aristotle once said: "that which is common to the greatest number has the least care bestowed upon it"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I've never heard the Tragedy of the Commons being applied to public toilets before :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Lyaiera wrote: »
    It's even worse for people in wheelchairs. They often can't get off footpaths because of it. Or when people park in the bus stop space, so the bus can't pull in and lower the ramp.

I have never encountered a situation where I wasn't able to leave the footpath, but I agree with you on the wheelchair users who just need more space. However, I doubt that the majority of them will deliberately damage a car because doing its just as knackerish as blocking their ways.

I have never encountered a situation where I wasn't able to leave the footpath, but I agree with you on the wheelchair users who just need more space. However, I doubt that the majority of them will deliberately damage a car because doing its just as knackerish as blocking their ways.

What are you talking about? I never said you couldn't get off a footpath. And wheelchair users don't "just need more space" they need to be able to get down off the footpath. And why are you talking about anyone damaging cars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Idiots who use derogatory terms like "Pikey":mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,297 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The whole spitting thing will not stop until footballers stop that totally ridiculous habit of spitting all over the place. What is it about playing football that requires you to spit, other sports don't do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

.....Standing 2 abreast on escalators/ travelling ramps. Some people can actually walk up or down these things but are prevented from doing so by the muppets who stand on them because they don't realise what they are really for. They are intended to move people QUICKLY from one level to another but cannot do this if people stand on them.

People on the London Underground stand on one side and let faster movers walk on the other, woe betide any one who stands on the walking side......

Unflushed toilets, flooded toilets in pubs.

Lane hoggers on the outside lane going slower than traffic on the inside lane.

People who stop abruptly on the merging lane on motorways.

People who back out onto main roads in front of fast moving traffic.

People making useless small talk at the head of long queues in checkouts in shops delaying all the people behind them.

People who stop at church doors to make small talk oblivious to all the people blocked up behind them.

Indecisive people.

People who haven't their money/card ready for making a payment at the head of a long queue and delay other users by their slowness.

Smokers.

Spitters.

Nose pickers.

Butt scratchers.

Door blockers and till blockers looking for donations.Usually get refused as I am not easily embarrassed into giving unplanned donations to ANY charity on impulse.

Workplace collections where people feel forced by peer pressure to give donations from their often meagre wages. One guy I know refused the approaches of a senior management type by retorting " when I am paid enough" when asked for a donation. I wish I had the guts to do likewise.

Street based charity muggers, especially those delaying and blocking traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Lyaiera wrote: »
    What are you talking about? I never said you couldn't get off a footpath. And wheelchair users don't "just need more space" they need to be able to get down off the footpath. And why are you talking about anyone damaging cars?

Ahhhhhh....I thought "plonking" meant to bang into something, sorry.
    But they can get down a foot path because there are usually lowered?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

doolox wrote: »
    .....Standing 2 abreast on escalators/ travelling ramps. Some people can actually walk up or down these things but are prevented from doing so by the muppets who stand on them because they don't realise what they are really for. They are intended to move people QUICKLY from one level to another but cannot do this if people stand on them.

People on the London Underground stand on one side and let faster movers walk on the other, woe betide any one who stands on the walking side......

Unflushed toilets, flooded toilets in pubs.

Lane hoggers on the outside lane going slower than tarffic on the inside lane.

People who stop abruptly on the merging lane on motorways.

People who back out onto main roads in front of fast moving traffic.

People making useless small talk at the head of long queues in checkouts in shops delaying all the people behind them.

People who stop at church doors to make small talk oblivious to all the people blocked up behind them.

Indecisive people.

People who haven't their money/card ready for making a payment at the head of a long queue and delay other users by their slowness.

Smokers.

Spitters.

Nose pickers.

Butt scatchers.

Door blockers and till blockers looking for donations.Usually get refused as I am not easily embarrassed into giving unplanned donations to ANY charity on impulse.

Workplace collections where people feel forced by peer pressure to give donations from their often meagre wages. One guy I know refused the approaches of a senior management type by retorting " when I am paid enough" when asked for a donation. I wish I had the guts to do likewise.

Street based charity muggers, especially those delaying and blocking traffic.

So, basically the entire population of Ireland are anti-social fcukers!

Advertisement