Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP: Typewriter!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

goose2005 wrote: »
    teetertotter?

Definition? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

keith16 wrote: »
    Definition? :pac:

American word for a see-saw

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Many authors still use them. I suppose if you began your writing career using one you'd like to continue producing your work in the same way, a superstition maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

Typewriting is still a subject on the Junior Cert! The longest word you can type with your right hand on a qwerty keyboard is 'lollipop'! Any typewriting teachers here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Many authors still use them. I suppose if you began your writing career using one you'd like to continue producing your work in the same way, a superstition maybe?

Can't afford a computer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I will just type this up on my invisible typewriter... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

keith16 wrote: »
    Did you know, that the longest word you can get using the top row of a standard QWERTY keyboard is typewriter?

Wiki says rupturewort is the longest, with 11 characters and a medical term has 12, uropyoureter.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

My Dad had one, still in the home place, think it's jammed now and doesn't work. It's an Imperial one probably bought in the late 50's, beautiful machine and a ton weight, not like the word processor things of the 70's.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I was so jealous of my friend who had an electronic typewriter! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

RIP :(

My heart goes out to all those involved. So sad, thoughts and prays and kisses and puppy dogs horse pacific.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

kowloon wrote: »

That news merits this response

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

I ain't dead yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

mockingjay wrote: »
    Typewriting is still a subject on the Junior Cert! The longest word you can type with your right hand on a qwerty keyboard is 'lollipop'! Any typewriting teachers here?
    ASDF. JKL;

m
    Tha s all I re. ember.
    t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Saw a documentary on one of the news channels recently about an artist who produces portraits of famous faces using typewriters. Guess she'll be looking for a new medium now.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

When I was in Africa decades ago there was a guy called Typewriter Zulu.
    He is totally fecked. Afaik Zulus are now Ngonis.

Advertisement