Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If time travel were possible ... well then answer me this boards!

Options
  • 18-11-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭

Melt your brains over this! :pac:

If a person went back 5 years and killed their younger self. What would happen? By the younger version dying there would be no older version. No older version means its impossible to kill your younger self :pac: or is there? lol.

yeah. am bored. sue me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The newer you who went back would vanish in a puff of reality once you killed yourself.. simple..Now go to Amsterdam and spend a week watching the windmills turning, over and over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Didn't an episode of family guy solve this mind boggling conundrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I'm guessing your younger self would kick your assss, and in doing so kick his own assss, what a mind fook for him as he starts to disappear from the photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

some people propose if you went back in time it be impossible to kill yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Time travel is possable, my self on Saturday 17th November at 11pm set my alarm on my phone to go off at exactly 6am on Sunday 18th November , I closed my eyes and in a matter of no time at all the dam alarm went off. I felt like I had no sleep at all.

I checked around me to see if there were tyre tracks of fire but all I could see was skid marks in my underpants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

In DBZ , you could kill yourself and still return to your own time. It's a different timeline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

How about if time travel were possible I could go back 5 minutes and not bother reading this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Marty, don't do it. You'll destroy the entire space time continuum and existence itself. Admittedly, this is all speculation as my delorean isn't ready yet..... Feck, I want a flux capacitor. :pac:

You'd create an alternate reality where your younger self was dead. If you stayed in this reality, then you'd also have disappeared in your original reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

That's what's known as a paradox.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

That's the standard time travel conundrum.

You cannot go back to change something specific because once you change it you have no reason to go back.

However you can go back and change something at random. Because you are going back with no specific intent you will keep going back regardless of what you change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

The chicken came first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Melt your brains over this! :pac:

If a person went back 5 years and killed their younger self. What would happen? By the younger version dying there would be no older version. No older version means its impossible to kill your younger self :pac: or is there? lol.

yeah. am bored. sue me.

Why wouldnt there be an older version if the younger guy was killed ? The older version already exists, how can he not exist ? Killing the young guy wouldnt do anything to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

If you're bored and pondering about time watch this.

you bastrad OP my brain has started seeping out my nose and ears

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

You'd be two seperate entities and nothing would happen except you would get arrested for murder if you hung around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

benwavner wrote: »
    The chicken came first

The chicken evolved from a lizard that layed eggs. The egg came first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dhmusic

This again, didn't we do this thread next week

Shryke wrote: »

if only someone had told the lizard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Scioch wrote: »
    If you're bored and pondering about time watch this.

After 2 minutes, It turned out I wasn't as bored as I thought I was. TLDW.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

kneemos wrote: »
    You'd be two seperate entities and nothing would happen except you would get arrested for murder if you hung around.
    not if the Gardai had anything to do with it..
    Mamma Lizard must have been p1ssed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

benwavner wrote: »
    The chicken came first

I bet the Cock was first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

What the hell are you on about :confused:

I had sex with the chicken not the egg, I'm a nice guy, so the chicken came first.

You sir, are a freak :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

They have Time Travel cops to sort all this out.

You obviously have not watched any quality movies in your past life ... please let me introduce Mr. Jean-Claude Van Damme (your welcome in advance)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

See!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I can time travel - watch this...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Do you remember that film The One with Jet Li, yeah that was a good film. Nothing to do with time travel but had alternate dimensions, yeah that was cool.

Advertisement