Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catholic survery

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,247 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'd rather the CC get feedback full of "the reason you are in decline are these:

Do these to stay relevant:

I don't trust you because of these:"

Or something similar other than

"Hurr durr, god is stoopid, hurr durr"

Which one is actually going to benefit the world?
    All my answers were relevant. None took the pi55. All delivered in a reasonable, measured tone. Seven times so far....

OK. Maybe taking the survey seven times was taking the pi55. Just a bit. I'm good with that. The church overestimates catholic numbers to suit its agenda. I'm playing their game. In a way that can only be positive. I'd urge others to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

If everyone feels it only once then they know there is a sizable number of people with these feelings.

If, there is an admission there is some double voting then it is easier for them to dismiss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Fortyniner wrote: »
    My response to question 27:

If the Catholic Church were to invest its wealth and resources into helping one single country out of poverty, if it listened to what people say, if it sought kindness for minorities, if it dispensed with the belief in miracles, the collection of wealth, the trappings of ceremony and dress, the seduction of heaven and the terror of hell, then maybe, just maybe, I'd be interested in their news.

Mine was - You COULD stop raping kids and covering it up, you COULD sell off your assets and put the money to some good use like compensating said kids or feeding the poor etc. You COULD help the countries you operate in by giving up your tax exempt status. There are a million other things you COULD do - but lets not play that game, we both know that you WON'T.

If everyone feels it only once then they know there is a sizable number of people with these feelings.

If, there is an admission there is some double voting then it is easier for them to dismiss it.
    You've no way of knowing if there's a sizeable number voting with these feelings. Or without them. This is a pointless, badly designed, irrelevant survey, organised by a defunct and irrelevant organisation. If they got a 100% response of 'go away. We don't want you', do you think they would? Or would they dismiss it? The survey is pointless. They 'know' they are right, and that we are 'wrong'. All I'm doing is taking the opportunity to tell them what I think of them, their organisation, and their superstitions. In calm, measured tones. Multiple times. Divilment I'm happy to admit. But righteous divilment all the same. Fcuk 'em and their survey.

Nine times now. It's a slow day here...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

And they say you can't have meaning in life without religion...

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭car.kar

Haha. That was enjoyable, there's rarely an opportunity to click the "do not believe at all" box on anything.

My answer for the last question was...

"I have read the vast majority of the Bible. In fact, its primarily what caused me to loose my faith. There is a bit of good news - Jesus loves you blah blah - but the majority of that book tells a story of a vengeful, angry god.. who kills people for little reason and does not forgive, who wipes out the entire world for a few people's wrong doing, who ****s with people's minds by trying to convince them to kill their own kids, who tells his followers to throw his virgin daughters to a bunch of horny men, who turns people into stone just for looking behind them, who says that if a man rapes a woman he must marry her in order to make amends, who condems homosexuality ... I could go on and on. There's no good news in there, so please don't bother trying to share it with me."

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

My response to the last question was:
    "Definately not via 'Alive!' newspaper anyway. That thing sucks.
    Oh, and don't yell at me with a megaphone neither!"
    Based on what others wrote for it I may well have misread it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭_GOD_

The good news is whatever Professor Farnsworth says it is

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Galvasean wrote: »
    My response to the last question was:
    "Definately not via 'Alive!' newspaper anyway. That thing sucks.

Blasphemy!
    I love that rag newspaper! Always good for a laugh

• Advertisement
Advertisement