Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

So, myself and the missus finally picked up the promo project :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4787204

got a tasty bit off the asking price. not much to look at, standard car apart from halfords finest wheels and sound system, the body has a few scuffs and a "little" rust around the rear arches. there is a slight blow from the exhaust but other than that its tidy enough.

its been parked up for over a year, as its owner moved away, his sister was just starting it occasionally to keep it alive, but it hadn't even been started for 3 months until we went to view it yesterday and it started first time.

Something for the 2 of us to get our teeth into over the summer, her moreso than me :P, just getting it back to nice and original, then vinyling it from head to toe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Thanks dude, gonna throw in a fuel filter as well.

It's alot of parts for the money anyhow. Seems very reasonable to me. Fuel filter would definitely be a good idea.

Have you gone over it with the DA yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Ordered there anyway, im gonna be broke :D
    Ive the bonnet, boot lid and drivers wing done which were the worst, my first exam is in a week and Im waaay behind so I wont get at it again til 29th May :(
    its very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Ordered there anyway, im gonna be broke :D
    Ive the bonnet, boot lid and drivers wing done which were the worst, my first exam is in a week and Im waaay behind so I wont get at it again til 29th May :(
    its very frustrating!

Meh being broke is underrated....:D

Would love to get a DA at mine, reckon it would come up very well alright! Speaking of exams, mine are in a week too, haven't a notion how they came around so quickly, off to wash the car so! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

draffodx wrote: »
    Drug dealing is where the money will be at Oxegen this year! Just saying! :D

Haha yes indeed for sure! Yokes, yokes for sale lol! :)

Not my thing tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

gollywog wrote: »
    Hey guys!
    Haven't posted in a while.

Some sad news im afraid.... Lost my job a little while back and haven't been able to get work since. I'm almost out of money and its starting to look like I might have to sell pinky :(

Jeez.
    Sorry to hear about that bud.
    Hope you get lucky and find something soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Gollywog, Sky are recruiting again in Dublin City. I've just applied there, took me about an hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

CianRyan wrote: »
    Gollywog, Sky are recruiting again in Dublin City. I've just applied there, took me about an hour!

Give Wonga a look too. :)

Motoring: brake fluid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

my first exam is in a week and Im waaay behind so I wont get at it again til 29th May :(
    its very frustrating!
    Im in the same boat first exam next Tuesday and won't be finished till 28th of may. My car is going to be fairly neglected over the next month ill be lucky if I even get a chance to clean it. Can't wait till there all over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭bman1

Got a "final reminder" for motor tax in the post today. Thing is I only bought the car just over a week ago (21st) got the logbook back in my name last Friday (26th) and I'm going to tax it this Friday coming because it's my only day off. The previous owner had the car parked up since February when the tax ran out. Can't see why I'd be getting the final reminder letter, shouldn't it have been the previous owner? No big deal I suppose but it's just a bit odd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Question: Whats is the speed limit on the Navan Road heading towards town after the Halfway House ? I know from the Travel Lodge it goes 60 then 80 and then 60 again outside Opel/Honda but is this 60 kph limit continued all the way down as far as the cabra road ? And like wise heading towards blanch from the cabra road, what is the real speed limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

I'm driving around today in my bosses 730d, is there a sport mode on these?
    Its like driving a whalE:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭rocky

The gear stick should slide to the left from Drive to Sport

Gearstick is a small lever beside the steering wheel.

Here is the offending sea mammal in question......

DSC_0163.jpg

You can see the gearstick on the right of the wheel

DSC_0164.jpg

And yes I know.......its bloody silver too:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

As engineers? Dish setups etc? I tried that in cork. Never again. What a shiet job. Random money, huge hours, which can and will turn out in no profit. Dealing with complete idiots. Lots of paperwork. I know I said chefing is a hard job, it is, but at least you know what you doing, why you doing it and you always know that after you finished your shift, you can just go home and relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭rocky

Edit: for pred:

See that button on the SW S-M-D? put it in S ;)

Fecking sniper.... Clearly got me while I was moving!

DSC_0034_zpsfe3d4ba0.jpg

As engineers? Dish setups etc? I tried that in cork. Never again. What a shiet job. Random money, huge hours, which can and will turn out in no profit. Dealing with complete idiots. Lots of paperwork. I know I said chefing is a hard job, it is, but at least you know what you doing, why you doing it and you always know that after you finished your shift, you can just go home and relax.

Nope, just in the call centre.
    I'd be making everything worse if I was an engineer. :p

Nope, just in the call centre.
    I'd be making everything worse if I was an engineer. :p

Not too bad so. Just make sure to train your Apu voice.

• Advertisement

Not too bad so. Just make sure to train your Apu voice.

And have all my answers written down on a sheet infront of me. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Sky will be hiring for their Broadband support I would imagine. That's what positions they'll be filling as they roll it out. I got an email about a Sales Team Lead position they're starting to recruit for, so you may be a cold caller, annoying people eating their dinner everywhere! :D-

No shame, man. I delivered junk mail for a while so I'm well use to the responces. :D

No shame, man. I delivered junk mail for a while so I'm well use to the responces. :D

You're far too clever for that kind of work of delivering junk mail Cian.

I always assumed they didn't have to know how to read.

Despite a huge sign the size of my letterbox on my letterbox they still manage to post their mail.

And they always do it when I'm not there!

MugMugs wrote: »
    You're far too clever for that kind of work of delivering junk mail Cian.

I always assumed they didn't have to know how to read.

Despite a huge sign the size of my letterbox on my letterbox they still manage to post their mail.

And they always do it when I'm not there!

Thanks man but I think taking anything I can get it clever at the minute. :o

In future give CityPost a call if you're still getting junk mail, chances are it's some one working for them. Some of the lads need a wake up slap tbh.

Or the other trick of throw three in per house. :rolleyes:

Ooops

229640_10151435511352568_479593142_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the-city-of-new-york-vs-homer-simpson-9x01-10351.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Screen-Shot-2013-04-29-at-18.02.56.png

Lol... its a taxi!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Darwin award.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Reading aload of threads here about motor tax. Just saw this on the news there. Don't think it's from the achieves because its about the murder of the cash for clothes guy. The bike is at the location of the shooting today. Lol of its real.

http://i.imgur.com/hHwgwRh.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement