Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jaysus Blasphemy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

goose2005 wrote: »
    The constitution forbids blasphemy, so the govt had no choice but to make a law making it illegal.

Shame they didn't sort out a few other laws first, I'm sure there's a recent example of this....can't think of what it could be tho.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Lads you know they're watching this thread right? Expect a court summons for each of you!

Ah sure they can mail me the summons. My address is 125.125.125.666.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Mines 123 Fake St

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

MagicSean wrote: »
    Why do you feel the need to mock people?

Why do you feel your beliefs should be above being mocked, or even questioned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I have no particular set of beliefs to mock. But i take no pleasure in seeing others have their beliefs mocked. People rely on their beliefs for comfort and reassurance. Who are you to try and take that away from them and why do you feel the need to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

they can make a law against blasphemy yet they cant legislate on a court recommendation on the X case.
    another waste of time and money.
    what a stupid law.
    It has no place in the 21st century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

MagicSean wrote: »
    People rely on their beliefs for comfort and reassurance. Who are you to try and take that away from them and why do you feel the need to?

The fact that some people rely on them for comfort or reassurance accords the beliefs no special status whatsoever. I have not tried to take them from anyone.

Having faith does not grant the believer a special status whereby his beliefs cannot be questioned. Nor can they deny others the chance to question them just because they might get offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

The fact that some people rely on them for comfort or reassurance accords the beliefs no special status whatsoever. I have not tried to take them from anyone.

Having faith does not grant the believer a special status whereby his beliefs cannot be questioned. Nor can they deny others the chance to question them just because they might get offended.

That's its, exactly, Its the right to free speech. Its the right to question anything and everything. Its the right to say that other people have a right to their beliefs but you reserve the right to not hold their beliefs sacred or to assign any meaning or credence to their beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Was this not 2 years ago? FFS I rely on AH to keep me up to date with the modern world.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Mocking anyone is quite infantile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Jesus ****! Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭dttq

In some ways this country hasn't progressed since the Middle Ages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LivelineDipso

Never be enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Mocking anyone is quite infantile.
    coudnt agree more,mocking the individual is infantile but is directing it at the beliefs of someone still considered a personal attack on the person? :confused:
    woud also say it depends on whether its true mocking that was meant or is it refering to questioning someones beliefs instead,questioning our beliefs shoud be encouraged as it helps to learn things may never have thought about,but not if its used in a way to target someone and belittle them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,426 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

If something goes wrong at work I'm always saying Fcukin Jaysus, don't even realise I'm saying it half the time, I think this is mostly an Irish curse word though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Like cyber-bullying?

I see what you did there. You took the place where i said "can" and replaced it in your head with "is". thereby making my statement saying that trolling can be funny, into a statement that it's always funny with no exceptions.

I doff my hat to you Mr. Troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I dare someone to report this thread to the guards and follow up with them, bugging them into taking action. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Grayson wrote: »
    I see what you did there. You took the place where i said "can" and replaced it in your head with "is". thereby making my statement saying that trolling can be funny, into a statement that it's always funny with no exceptions.

I doff my hat to you Mr. Troll.

Had I done that, "Cos it is be funny" wouldn't make any sense at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

If something goes wrong at work I'm always saying Fcukin Jaysus, don't even realise I'm saying it half the time, I think this is mostly an Irish curse word though.

Well some of the older ladies were commenting on it at mass last Sunday, I hope it doesn't upset you Father.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Mines 123 Fake St

Hey fake street ends in the 80s doesnt go up to 123

Advertisement