Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jaysus Blasphemy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

What's your opinion on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Stupid toothless law that will most likely never be enforced.

Jesus tapdancing Christ I'm all for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

What's your opinion on this?

Its crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Dave0301

It's a Jesus Christ tax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Christ on a bike, that's more money than Judas could carry to the local brothel for an hour long session with Mary Magdeline!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Its a disgrace and has no place in the modern world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Moses, Jesus and Mohammed can blow me all at once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Ah seriously, I don't see what the big deal is. I mean surely blasphemy is one of those victimless crimes kind of like shoplifting or social welfare fraud, right?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭saspeir

As a way of mocking this stupid law how about we all make up a funny story/one liner or whatever involving God, Jesus, Mary, the Pope or whichever religious character you like and we all collectively commit blasphemy?!

Here's my attempt:
    I like to refer to the Pope as Pope Benedick.

Mary, mother of Jesus, is a slut and it's a pity they didn't have DNA tests back in those days.

What's good about Good Friday? Fooking nothing! Why couldn't they have a Good Tuesday when nobody goes out? Tards.

My local church no longer does midnight mass cause everybody was going to it pissed. What do they expect? The priest is the only one that can have a tipple on the alter, knocking back the sherry while we all watch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Well there is no such thing as a god so its all a loads bollox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Furious_George

Shryke wrote: »

Checks news for bombing of irish embassys and mass protests in middle east.

Nope! Guess AH doesnt have the huge global following i imagined.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Dónal wrote: »
    Jesus tapdancing Christ I'm all for it.
    Azure_sky wrote: »
    Christ on a bike, that's more money than Judas could carry to the local brothel for an hour long session with Mary Magdeline!
    saspeir wrote: »
    As a way of mocking this stupid law how about we all make up a funny story/one liner or whatever involving God, Jesus, Mary, the Pope or whichever religious character you like and we all collectively commit blasphemy?!

Here's my attempt:
    Well there is no such thing as a god so its all a loads bollox

Lads you know they're watching this thread right? Expect a court summons for each of you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Checks news for bombing of irish embassys and mass protests in middle east.

Nope! Guess AH doesnt have the huge global following i imagined.

We're making fun of an Irish law, not a middle-eastern one. That's what's so pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I don't see the point of it. Neither do I see the point in mocking someone's beliefs. So I couldn't care less about the blasphemy law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

MagicSean wrote: »
    I don't see the point of it. Neither do I see the point in mocking someone's beliefs. So I couldn't care less about the blasphemy law.

Nor should someone's beliefs be above mocking just because they are religious in nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Should it not be Avraham, Jesus & Mohammed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I recently payed a tenner to join Atheist Ireland, while I don't agree with everything they do completely, I do support the organisation overall and they do manage to get themselves heard. One of their campaigns is to do away with this silly law, so dropping a tenner might be worth it.

Silly law, but if it keeps religious hatred on the street at bay then good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

That piece of halibut was good enough for #$*@#!&.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Nor should someone's beliefs be above mocking just because they are religious in nature.

Why do you feel the need to mock people?

People with two sheds are notorious for mocking, ****ing property developers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Jesus is an easy target for all this blasphemy as he a fairly laid back dude and turns the other cheek and all that. There are other prophets however you don't want to piss off.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Cos it can be funny. Personally I think it's wrong to say something offensive just to offend people. But I also think it's stupid to take offense at something that wasn't ment to cause offense.

rather than blasphemy there should be a law against being an absolute dick. I'll decide if they're a dick or not and if they are, off to a special prision aka reality TV with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Grayson wrote: »
    Cos it can be funny. Personally I think it's wrong to say something offensive just to offend people. But I also think it's stupid to take offense at something that wasn't ment to cause offense.

rather than blasphemy there should be a law against being an absolute dick. I'll decide if they're a dick or not and if they are, off to a special prision aka reality TV with them.

Like cyber-bullying?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

The constitution forbids blasphemy, so the govt had no choice but to make a law making it illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭RossyG

Blasphemy is a victimless crime, as the saying goes.

Such laws have no place in the post Enlightenment world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Omg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Furious_George

Ya cool

Advertisement