Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily Slaughter of dolphins in Taiji Japan

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Fuck you chicken!

Fuck you cow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Tis life, while humans are killing everything around them they are also creating their own demise,

once there is nothing left we will just eat each other, this is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Maybe because they're a higher order group of animals and also one of the most intelligent creatures on the planet. They have also been responsible for saving many many humans lost at sea. In many ways they possess more humanity than the people slaughtering them (all ways really).

Didn't know there was a hierarchy of animals.Crows are extremly intelligent yet farmers use them for target practice,animal cruelty is animal cruelty no matter what the animal surly.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

Dolphins are the Kardasians of the Animal world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Please dont push those shítty pages and agenda on after hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Maybe because they're a higher order group of animals and also one of the most intelligent creatures on the planet. They have also been responsible for saving many many humans lost at sea. In many ways they possess more humanity than the people slaughtering them (all ways really).

Dolphins engage in infanticide, racism and sexism, just like people. We're not so different after all! HOORAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

bb12 wrote: »
    Just thought I'd bring this issue to people awareness. Ever since I watched the documentary 'The Cove' last year I can;t stop thinking of the terrible cruelty that dolphins and pilot whales are put through each killing season in Taiji Japan. It goes on from Sept to March every year and is currently happening right now.

If you are any way interested in these gorgeous intelligent mammals, please have a look at the some of these groups on facebook.

Meanwhile.....
    we shoot all dogs on sight if found on the farm. have found in past experience it's usually a waste of time talking to owners.

mikom wrote: »
    Meanwhile.....

But...but thats the same thing as the fishermen are doing??

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭bb12

kneemos wrote: »

But...but thats the same thing as the fishermen are doing??

No that's what I'd do to the fishermen! Dogs rip sheep apart. They pull unborn lambs out of wombs. The dogs are shot with a clean instant kill

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

No that's what I'd do to the fishermen! Dogs rip sheep apart. They pull unborn lambs out of wombs. The dogs are shot with a clean instant kill

Dolphins eat other fish.

A clean instant kill when shooting a dog? No, I don't believe you. Even with a shotgun you'd find it difficult to take one down with one clean shot, you'd certainly cause it pain.

• Advertisement

Dolphins rip fish apart.How do you feel about your sheep having thier throats cut in the factory.

Sniper rifle is it?

Dolphins rip fish apart.How do you feel about your sheep having thier throats cut in the factory.

Sheep are not chased until exhaustion for hours on end first. They're not slaughtered in front of each other. Theres even plastic sheeting so the ones coming behind dont see what's happening. The throats are slit and the heads are off within seconds. They never feel what's coming. Unlike the dolphins who are left to die in agony for hours. Sheep dont have their lambs ripped away from them and slaughtered in a pool of blood before their eyes.

I'm a meat eater and breed animals for meat but they're treated with dignity and respect until the end. What happens to the dolphins is purely sadistic

Sheep are not chased until exhaustion for hours on end first. They're not slaughtered in front of each other. Theres even plastic sheeting so the ones coming behind dont see what's happening. The throats are slit and the heads are off within seconds. They never feel what's coming. Unlike the dolphins who are left to die in agony for hours. Sheep dont have their lambs ripped away from them and slaughtered in a pool of blood before their eyes.

I'm a meat eater and breed animals for meat but they're treated with dignity and respect until the end. What happens to the dolphins is purely sadistic

Halal sheep are left to bleed out?

Halal sheep are left to bleed out?
    Well of course I don't agree with that. In fact you'd be hard pressed to find a farmer who does. Besides it's illegal in this country.

Well of course I don't agree with that. In fact you'd be hard pressed to find a farmer who does. Besides it's illegal in this country.

It most certainly is not,a lot of Irish factorys produce Halal meat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

So dolphin, bit of butter and 10 minutes each side yeah?
    They do look tasty.

It most certainly is not,a lot of Irish factorys produce Halal meat.

You've got your facts wrong. What that means in ireland is the throats are slit by one guy on the line using a "blessed " blade. The heads come straight off. On average 450 sheep are processed in a single line per hour. No aninal is left to bleed out

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

The Halal meat in my local subway comes from Kildare and is approved by the Islamic council of Ireland.

1210m5g wrote: »

The Halal meat in my local subway comes from Kildare and is approved by the Islamic council of Ireland.

I've explained above how sheep are slaughtered here. I've been in the factories many many times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I've explained above how sheep are slaughtered here. I've been in the factories many many times.

Did i say any different? I was just sharing that fact, it surprised me when i saw the sign.

1210m5g wrote: »

Did i say any different? I was just sharing that fact, it surprised me when i saw the sign.
    Fair enough thought you were insisting the animals were bled out alive when they're actually not

You've got your facts wrong. What that means in ireland is the throats are slit by one guy on the line using a "blessed " blade. The heads come straight off. On average 450 sheep are processed in a single line per hour. No aninal is left to bleed out

You may be right.I don't disagree that what they do to the dolphins is cruel,the Facebook thing may even do some good.It's the hipocrasy of people that can distinguish between cruelty for one animal and ignore another is what I don't get.

You may be right.I don't disagree that what they do to the dolphins is cruel,the Facebook thing may even do some good.It's the hipocrasy of people that can distinguish between cruelty for one animal and ignore another is what I don't get.

I know what you're saying but until the world's population turns veggie animals will be killed for food. It's the way they're killed that's important. The dolphin capture and slaughter is pure barbaric in my eyes. Not to mention all the health implications of the mercury ridden meat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Oh man this thread is hilarious.

Reminds me of Britain's Prince Philip was head of the WWF (world wildlife fund) for years.
    Didn't stop him shooting half of the world's wildlife at the same time though.

I blame these idiotic films where some animals are cute and help humans so we can't eat them.
    I bet "Babe the Pig" put thousands of guilty bored looking-for-a-cause gobs**ites off their sausages and rashers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I've been in slaughter houses too. A bit of plastic sheeting doesn't stop the animals from screaming and it doesn't stop the other animals from hearing it; they know they're going to be slaughtered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I've been in slaughter houses too. A bit of plastic sheeting doesn't stop the animals from screaming and it doesn't stop the other animals from hearing it; they know they're going to be slaughtered.

There was a good film about this autistic kid that could communicate with animals and devised a good way of humanely slaughtering cows...It was based on a true story,

Can anyone remember the name of it?

Jamez735 wrote: »
    There was a good film about this autistic kid that could communicate with animals and devised a good way of humanely slaughtering cows...It was based on a true story,

Can anyone remember the name of it?

Temple Grandin

The issue is not only about the senseless slaughter but also the capture for captivity of the survivors. These dolphins have seen their pod been killed before their eyes and are ripped away from their families and the wild to spend the rest of their miserable lives in tanks for our entertainment. I think the ones who are killed are almost the lucky ones. The likes of Seaworld have a lot to answer for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Bloody Japs.

Advertisement