Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused by it all

Options
  • 14-11-2012 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭

A friend wants to try these e-cigs but is confused by all the options
    What is the best (not too expensive) starting order.
    I've seen the kits like the 510 which seems popular but confused (even after all the readying) by what these include and what is needed on top it.
    Is it a case of buy the body and then you just need the batteries, liquid and atomisers. Do you replace the atomisers or do you clean them out.
    What is the best liquid to get a real cigarette taste.
    He wants to get that real cigarette feel as in the whole sensation of smoking like feeling the hit at the back of the neck.
    He's not bothered about something that looks like a cigarette tho but doesn't want in 2 weeks time to find what he's using isn't doing the job and having to buy something else.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

The best starter kit out there is this one: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm

Will last and last and has everything you need:
    - charger & batteries
    - top part (clearomisers)
    - liquids

You get to choose sample bottles from the wingnuts range. Some nice tobacco ones are the ANTO mix, RY4-A and RY-C10. Would suggest adding one fruit one and one minty one too. As a smoker you (he) might not consider those flavours but once you start vaping everything changes :-)

It's a good quality kit so the only things needed going forward would be new flavours and new heads for the clearomisers (about €2 each).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Would suggest adding one fruit one and one minty one too. As a smoker you (he) might not consider those flavours but once you start vaping everything changes :-)

+1 on this - after a few days your taste buds start working properly again and you will start to like tastes you never have considered before.

Also add in an extra few spare heads for the clearomizers .. http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/t3coil.htm

I found that when I started using clearomizers I burnt out the first few pretty fast while I found my feet.

And also advise getting a Lanyard to make it more convenient to carry round :).. under a fiver

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Lanyard-Neck-Strap-Ego-Holder-Ego-T-Ego-T-Ego3-/170938200229?pt=UK_Collectables_Tobacciana_Smoking_LE&hash=item27ccb5f0a5
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/eGo-Lanyard-Leather-Black-/130800436643?pt=UK_Collectables_Tobacciana_Smoking_LE&hash=item1e745045a3#ht_500wt_1171

• Registered Users Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Thanks for that
    Ordered it and it arrived today but expected instructions.
    Worked out how to add the juice but confused by the battery
    How do you know if it is fully charged?
    How do you turn it on/off?

Thanks

Think I've found out how, you click 5 times and then press and hold while you drag seems to work - is this correct?
    There seems to be a burnt taste to it tho.
    I've also discovered the voltage thing on the bottom and it is set to 3.2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

when the battery is charging the light on the charger is red, when the battery is fully charged the light should be green.

I think if you press the button 5 times really fast it will flash a few times and then it will be off. Press it again 5 times really fast and it should flash again and turn on.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Think this was the instruction video posted yesterday:
    grindle wrote: »

(Am in work and can't see anything on youtube)

• Advertisement

The vid is for T3.
    Still getting this burnt taste, am I doing something wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

If the dot is just above the 3.2 marking, it shouldn't burn at all, no matter which head it is, unless that head is faulty and shorting (coils touching and lowering the resistance=increasing the heat and burn).

Have you been tipping the T2, making sure the wick is wet?

Helps with the top coils if you vape with the device horizontal, or if you're a chain paper, take a very light puff or two while horizontal without firing. You should see a couple of bubbles. This means the wick is now wet.
    Be careful though. A strong inhale without firing can gain you the reward of a drop of juice to the mouth (which tastes and feels like much more).

It's not as bad now, but there is a definite burnt plastic aftertaste still tho.
    I dont see any bubbles taking a drag without firing it...
    First few puffs I took it was a very bad taste

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

first time i used the T2 i was getting a plasticy taste too but the definitely goes once it's been broken in. once you get a few fills through it tis grand. if you really can't stomach it, empty out what's left in there, take the mouthpiece and head off and give everything a bit of a rinse and let them dry and try again.

The device (or the device's wick) does need to be wet before taking a draw. It was left alone to soak up liquid before vaping? 5-10mins?

Strange that not one bubble comes up if it's held sideways or battery upwards. Sounds like the wick might be choking? Too much wick stuffed into too small an area = choked. Rare, but it happens.

It's a tight balance with these devices as too much wick chokes it and too little floods it - and we're talking variances of .1 of a millimetre out.

If the other heads don't work for you, cartomisers might work better unless you're okay with fiddling to make things work.

A cartomiser is something you fill with liquid (in which you can punch holes and put a tank around so it's constantly fed - or not, you just have to make sure it never gets too dry), and it's a pretty good vape unless ÿou flood or burn it.
    Much less variation (nowadays, if you go for the Boge cartomisers - they hit problems a few months ago with new employees building them incorrectly, but apparently that's fixed) and tipping than the clearomisers that come in that kit.

Still a good vape, but some people get a taste of the filler off of them (usually people who've been using dripper-style atomisers for a while - purer tastes).

Overall though, as long as you get the hang of punching them and filling them, they're fuss-free.

Wait until you see what the other heads are like though. Might just be a dud.

Leave it soak, tip it a few times, vape.

Edit: after seeing what artyeva just wrote, I keep forgetting that new coils on these things can taste a little off for about a tanks-worth (I always rip mine to bits).
    If it doesn't taste good after a tank, throw in a new head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

lots of plastic things smell/taste ...er... well... plasticy.. till they're broken in. sher hasn't the dangly-tree industry have made gazillions out of it selling us 'new car smell' :p

Will check back on this tomorrow - think I'm getting nicotine poisoning from all the testing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you wont poison yourself, butyuou can make yourself feel pretty ****ty from vaping too much

I was fiddling with the coil in my atomiser yesterday while i was trying some new juices, so I was vaping and vaping and vaping ttrying to get everything "just right" after I'd screwed around with it too much.. I had to just not vape for a while as I wasn't tasting things properly anymore and the nicotine was giving me a headache

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 298 ✭✭Tony Soprano.

sept09baby wrote: »
    The best starter kit out there is this one: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm

Will last and last and has everything you need:
    - charger & batteries
    - top part (clearomisers)
    - liquids

You get to choose sample bottles from the wingnuts range. Some nice tobacco ones are the ANTO mix, RY4-A and RY-C10. Would suggest adding one fruit one and one minty one too. As a smoker you (he) might not consider those flavours but once you start vaping everything changes :-)

It's a good quality kit so the only things needed going forward would be new flavours and new heads for the clearomisers (about €2 each).

Just ordered one of these with the boards 10% discount code. Will it take long to arrive? I can't wait to start. Spending a bloody fortune on cigarettes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Just ordered one of these with the boards 10% discount code. Will it take long to arrive? I can't wait to start. Spending a bloody fortune on cigarettes. :)

if you ordered it tonight they ship it tomorrow and you'll get it friday :)

if you ordered it tonight they ship it tomorrow and you'll get it friday :)

Excellent stuff! I'll let ye know how I get on.

Looking forward to joining in, on this forum too. An excellent forum it is!

Damn wish I knew about the 10% discount..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

It would be great if the discount code could be added to the vendors page?

But then it wouldn't be a special discount code for boards. The 'Where to buy' thread has all the info within, and it mentions the discount codes.
    It'd be pretty strange for a company to plonk a code on their page when they could just drop the prices down and nix the code.
    Not that they should, I think they price pretty well anyway.

Edit: Just got it, it's not on the vapingireland site. PM mewso about it?

Excellent stuff! I'll let ye know how I get on.

Looking forward to joining in, on this forum too. An excellent forum it is!

Amazing product.

I started a thread in After Hours. The more people that know about these the better!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Nice one Tony. I don't frequent that forum and now I know why.....

Looks like you've got a few more people interested though. Nice job!

Nice one Tony. I don't frequent that forum and now I know why.....

Looks like you've got a few more people interested though. Nice job!

Yeah very easy to get into an argument there. lol..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 422 ✭✭BensonSlide

What's the difference between the T2 and the T3? Any recommendations as to which one to go for?

T2 has the coil at the top - hotter vape, less flavour (for me), has to be tipped every so often to prevent a dry hit.

T3 has a coil at the bottom - cool vape, more flavour (for me), never had a dry hit yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I got the kanger t2 today, how much of the liquid should you put in the device at any one time?

2.4ml.

Stop pouring once you get to where the wick meets the metal, leave to stand for 10 minutes (or take a few light primer-puffs to draw liquid into the wick).

grindle wrote: »
    2.4ml.

Stop pouring once you get to where the wick meets the metal, leave to stand for 10 minutes (or take a few light primer-puffs to draw liquid into the wick).

Thanks. So it's pretty straight forward, charger the unit, unscrew the mouth piece and pour in the liquid and you're good to go?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

in theory, yes
    in practice, hopefully

in theory, yes
    in practice, hopefully

:pac:

• Advertisement

OK have it going, here's hoping i give up the cigs :o

Have to say, really impressed by the T2 so far

Advertisement