Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have any recurring dreams and what are they?

Options
  • 11-11-2012 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

I sometimes dream that I'm falling from a great height, not sure from where and thankfully I've not landed yet. Do you have any recurring dreams?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

NSFW

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

Sex

• Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Flying over distant lands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

My main recurring dream would be that i'd be driving a car and i'd be pressing the pedals to stop and the car wouldn't stop or else i'd be trying to steer the car away from a crash but it would be fruitless. I don't think it takes a genius to figure this out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

galwayrush wrote: »
    NSFW

Better not fall asleep at work then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

My house keeps getting robbed...scary as sh*t but I always end up fighting back and beating the crap out of the baddies, feels good in the end.....although one dream was particularly gruesome, where I was forced to stab a robber to death, there was blood everywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Being able to fly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Yes, I keep getting chased by this monster through an empty abandoned industrial estate. It always ends the same way by it catching me and asking me for about three fiddy. I shout 'nooo you damn monster I gave you three fiddy last night' then it says 'how about two fiddy?' so I just give him the damn money in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I haven't in years but when I was in primary school I had a recurring nightmare about being in school at night and the teachers trying to evacuate us because a giant black wolf was stalking the corridors, but I always got separated from the group and ended up hiding on top of a cupboard, but the wolf always found me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Yes, that I reply to this thread about once every other week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I keep having a dream within a dream, within another dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

RikkFlair wrote: »
    I keep having a dream within a dream, within another dream.

They could make a great movie out of that I'd say!

I have one where I am caught up in a school shooting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I have a few that happen over and over. One is getting chased by dogs and i end up running very very slow and have to claw the ground with my nails to speed up.

Another one is being able to fly about 20 feet or so in the air by flapping my arms, but i can only go a short distance before coming back to the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

I sometimes dream that I'm falling from a great height, not sure from where and thankfully I've not landed yet.

You will never land. It seems you cant die in your dreams. Your mind cant comprehend death or some such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I keep have recurring dreams about my dead friends where they're still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I don't usually remember my dreams but one I get now and then is where I'm trying to walk forward and I have no balance and everything is blurry.

I have a lot of ones where I'm being kidnapped too....but I usually end up beating the crap out of the driver

In fact, I'm pretty violent in my dreams,...especially with my acquired kung fu skills :D

then there's others where I'm hiding from nazi's....even though I'm catholic :confused:

Yup, my dreams are pretty weird....there's others I can't even talk about though,

I have had 1 flying dream though....although it was more jumping really high and gliding down ;)

I used to be able to lucid dream, those were amazing! somehow it all just stopped, and I've been afraid to force myself to lucid dream, due to the effects it can have

Remmy wrote: »
    I don't usually remember my dreams but one I get now and then is where I'm trying to walk forward and I have no balance and everything is blurry.

Yeah I've loads were I can't walk straight at all!
    I keep falling and swaying and moving in unintentional directions!

I think it might have had something to do with the time I had vertigo,
    Do you suffer from vertigo? (or any other balance disorders)

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

I've been shot on a few occasions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Yeah I've loads were I can't walk straight at all!
    I keep falling and swaying and moving in unintentional directions!

I think it might have had something to do with the time I had vertigo,
    Do you suffer from vertigo? (or any other balance disorders)

Yep that's what mine are like too. Not really that I can think of. I do get vertigo type syptoms when I used to overdue it with the alcohol but that is kinda common i think. I also used to get the eye flick thing which was pretty annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I keep have recurring dreams about my dead friends where they're still alive.

Ditto. I always smile when I wake up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

cantdecide wrote: »
    Ditto. I always smile when I wake up.

I dont. I just go...."oh yeah, he's dead."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

Locked in my room, lights won't turn on and I can't open the door and I hear people coming at me and hands touching me, it's pitch back in the room and I hear weird noises.

I pinch my nose and try to breathe in my dream and if I can breathe, it's an indication that I am dreaming (lucid dreaming) I usually force myself to wake up when this happens. I very regularly get nightmares. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Being chased by a big beautiful busty blond (the BBBB).
    She catches me every night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I'm off cigarettes almost nine years. A couple of times a year I have this awful dream that I've slowly slipped back into being a regular smoker again and I have this terrible hill to climb all over again. I wake up soooooooo relieved it was only a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

My recurring dream has me in college, with final exams just 2 days away and I have absolutely nothing done for them....

daithi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i have a recurring dream where i'm abroad, and trying to get a load of **** done before having to travel back to ireland and i don't want to miss my flight. the theme is always the same, and i always feel super stressed in it. i get them about once a month.
    Jamez735 wrote: »
    I used to be able to lucid dream, those were amazing! somehow it all just stopped, and I've been afraid to force myself to lucid dream, due to the effects it can have

what effects?
    i lucid dream sometimes.. i hate it! i'm frozen solid and i can't move or talk.. everything looks exactly how it is in the bedroom. usually happens if i wake up for a period of time in the middle of the night and then go back to sleep while laying on my back. i've found i won't lucid dream if i lay on my side. weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

daithi1970 wrote: »
    My recurring dream has me in college, with final exams just 2 days away and I have absolutely nothing done for them....

daithi

This right here ^^^.

It's been fifteen years since my final year university exams, but every three months or so I have this dream where a paper is coming up and I just found out that I haven't touched an entire text book, and now I have to catch up with 6-12 months of studying in next few days.

Apparently, this is a common recurring dream with a lot of people... there might be something fundamental about this dream and our education system, pressure and of course individual anxiety etc if it's a fairly common.

Remmy wrote: »
    Yep that's what mine are like too. Not really that I can think of. I do get vertigo type syptoms when I used to overdue it with the alcohol but that is kinda common i think. I also used to get the eye flick thing which was pretty annoying

Haha....yeah i think everyone gets "that" vertigo at some point :D

but yeah them dreams have really f*cked me up, I've developed a fear of "motion sensations" and absolutely hate elevators, planes, fun fair rides etc...when I used to love that stuff

I just hate that feeling where you are weightless, or too heavy, you know that "takeoff" feeling in a plane, where you sink into the seat, ugh :(

Them dreams are the worst, it's like being on roller blades and being dragged by a magnet underneath the ground, in different directions, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Riding...I mean horses, of course :D

Advertisement