Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murdered-exgarda-had-links-to-underworld

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

wtf? 8 years on sick leave, no wonder he had time to get up to all sorts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I think this man is a legend. Working both sides for decades and getting away with it, and eventually the Guards give him €200k to leave. Then what? Ah sure grow a load of hash, steal some farm machinery, help in the disappearance of a neighbour. All the while helping out around the area and all the neighbours loving him.

A joyrider not going to stop at the check point? No problem, I'll just kill him with my torch.

This guy seemed to be a right renegade cop, I'd be interested to see will any cases he worked on be reviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

"King Kong ain't got sh*t on me"!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

so being a (very young) passenger in a car that doesn't stop at a checkpoint warrants death? lovely, reactionary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    There's a movie in it - that's for sure! ;)

Brendan Gleeson, as Garda McDodgy,Robert Nesbit as Nordie scumbag,Ruth Negga as tart with heart of gold and yer woman from the Clinic, y'know, the one with the big teeth, as Natalie. ( Copyright Joeprim Productions)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

so being a (very young) passenger in a car that doesn't stop at a checkpoint warrants death? lovely, reactionary stuff.

Who said that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

"King Kong ain't got sh*t on me"!

"It's not what you know, it's what you can prove." ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Looks like he was as bent as they come, although i suspect anything he was involved in will be brushed under the carpet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 cfc1888

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Now for the compulsory 10 year sunday world exclusive.

At least they tell it like it is.Unlike the other ****ebag papers.

Looks like he was as bent as they come, although i suspect anything he was involved in will be brushed under the carpet.

Yes That's what'll happen alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

MagicSean wrote: »

The dead man wasn't a Garda though.

Yes he was for many many years

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

He reminds me of these guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GiUEqI671g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

The terms just scratching the surface and tip of the iceberg come to mind when reading this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

8 years sick leave... 8 fcuking years... Jesus

The terms just scratching the surface and tip of the iceberg come to mind when reading this

The Garda worshipping mass going Joe Duffy types would be shocked if they knew the half of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

charlemont wrote: »
    The Garda worshipping mass going Joe Duffy types would be shocked if they knew the half of it.

Indeed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

charlemont wrote: »

You're never going to get a completely corrupt free force, it's just not possible.

On the other hand you do get Gardai getting stuck in when they can.

"The incident occurred at around 6pm last night when two men followed a customer into a Credit Union in Portmarnock, Co Dublin, held staff at gunpoint and took money from its tills.
    A garda on a mountain bike was alerted by a passerby and challenged the men as they came out of the building.
    They fired two shots at him before pulling a woman from a car and hijacking it.
    The garda got into a member of the public's car and followed the raiders, who abandoned the vehicle at Samson Court in Balgriffin."

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/desktopxhtml/112-1.html

The money and gun have been found.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

Nobody deserves to be killed like that.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    You're never going to get a completely corrupt free force, it's just not possible.

On the other hand you do get Gardai getting stuck in when they can.

"The incident occurred at around 6pm last night when two men followed a customer into a Credit Union in Portmarnock, Co Dublin, held staff at gunpoint and took money from its tills.
    A garda on a mountain bike was alerted by a passerby and challenged the men as they came out of the building.
    They fired two shots at him before pulling a woman from a car and hijacking it.
    The garda got into a member of the public's car and followed the raiders, who abandoned the vehicle at Samson Court in Balgriffin."

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/desktopxhtml/112-1.html

The money and gun have been found.

I agree. And yes the Garda who done this must have balls of steel, Fair play to him, Very courageous thing to do.

Advertisement