Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The icecream van

Options

Comments

FYI, icecream vans after hours and at extremely odd times like 10pm is most likely drug dealings. Seriously.

You leave After Hours out of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Screwball

I wish these were sold in more places :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

He often pulls up his icecream van and chats to his sort while a queue of children develops on the other side of the van.

His "sort"? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Other Ice-cream-men he keeps hidden under the counter.;) Common ones too..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Other ice-cream men/women

• Advertisement

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Other ice-cream men/women
    This thread is too big, there's an echo.. Someone shut the doors down the back, it'll leave the thread easier to heat as well. And would Ms Daisydoodles please throw some more Turf on the fire, it's feckin chilly. Waay too cold for Ice-cream anyway. They should switch to selling drugs, change the musice to "eezagood eezagood, ebeneezer good". Bet you'd be amazed which of the neighbours you'd see rushing out to get their "Icecream".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

That is just a huge myth that they're a cover for drugs. They're more like a travelling shop, they don't just sell ice-cream, they sell bottled drinks, bars, crisps etc.

--LOS-- wrote: »
    That is just a huge myth that they're a cover for drugs. They're more like a travelling shop, they don't just sell ice-cream, they sell bottled drinks, bars, crisps etc.

It's weird that an ice-cream van stops at the drug-ridden estate next to mine every night, but doesn't come into my estate ever...

And stopped every night outside a big druggy house across the street from me when I was living in Dublin, and nowhere else on the street.

Not sure it's a myth, TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Our icecream man is the most ignorant man alive.
    He often pulls up his icecream van and chats to his sort while a queue of children develops on the other side of the van.
    He once barked at a young lad to "wait until he had finished talking" then drove off causing about 30 children to run crazy after it.
    There was words and between him and a few locals in the council estate and hurleys produced.
    Sum of the earth icecream man he was.

I love how angry you get.:) Scum of the earth icecream man is such a funny image. I'm picturing a 6 foot 5 block of a man with knuckledusters on both hands, and his name is "spud".

Yeah, well, maybe, the one I see has loads of Coke as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

dont ask for sherbert ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

It's weird that an ice-cream van stops at the crime-ridden estate next to mine every night, but doesn't come into my estate ever...

What's weird is that there's a crime-ridden estate next to your lovely estate, I don't really buy that, people are so goddamn paranoid, I've seen this thread pop up a good few times on boards now and everyone says the same thing....drugs drugs drugs, it's BS

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Can I get a screwball with LSD and Cocaine as toppings. Could i can of methadone and a bag of yokes as well please.

What's weird is that there's a crime-ridden estate next to your lovely estate

Why is that weird? My estate is nothing special, but seriously, in most cities, you'll see most affluent areas brushing shoulders with less salubrious ones. :confused: But you don't have to believe me, that's your call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

What's weird is that there's a crime-ridden estate next to your lovely estate, I don't really buy that, people are so goddamn paranoid, I've seen this thread pop up a good few times on boards now and everyone says the same thing....drugs drugs drugs, it's BS

So if it's not the demon drugs, how do you explain people trying to sell icecream at weird hours and seasons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Where I come from, we used to call the ice cream van Popeye. To this day and it is one of the remaining mysteries of my childhood why he was called that. I didn't live in the middle of the sticks, or live in whatever place you good souls of AH will come up with. It was just the name he was called when he came to our avenue. I doubt very few will know but I come from a town where the men are men and so are the women...it's a comment I've heard a few times, and it always makes me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

"Sorry kids, when the music plays that means they're out of ice cream".

Has worked for me many a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

you dont chew the gum ball at the bottom of the screwball thats where they keep the drugs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Ottway

PlainP wrote: »
    is it not like trying to sell hats and scarves in summer time?

Sure if we waited for the weather to eat ice cream, nobody in Ireland would ever get diabetes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

theres an ice-cream man where I live and the @sshole rips my poor 10 year old sister off.

We now have to count out he exact change to give to her,give her a note and ya won't see anything back :mad:

Are ya sure your sister isnt just keeping the change for herself? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Joke Northsiders used to say ...

"Why does Southsiders have double-glazing ?"
    "So their kids can't hear the ice cream van !"

• Site Banned Posts: 3 whoopsee slurpin poodles

Who can lure your kids with a popsicle a whole lot easier than most strangers..

the candy man can

the candy man can.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

[PHP][/PHP]
    humberklog wrote: »
    Money laundering.

How does that work?All the gangs in Limerick seem to have ice cream vans and they guard routes with violence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Who can lure your kids with a popsicle a whole lot easier than most strangers..
    the candy man can
    the candy man can.

Friend of mine dressed up as this for halloween a few years ago ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Favourite stand up sketch ever!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nwQGcsQjTJY

Would someone please embed you tube sketch. Don't know how to do it on phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

FYI, icecream vans after hours and at extremely odd times like 10pm is most likely drug dealings. Seriously.

Or a pedophile.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

It's weird that an ice-cream van stops at the drug-ridden estate next to mine every night, but doesn't come into my estate ever...

And stopped every night outside a big druggy house across the street from me when I was living in Dublin, and nowhere else on the street.

Stoners need sweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I can vouch for the drugs thing. my ice cream man sells loose cigarettes too.

When I was in primary school my schoolbus driver's husband was an ice cream man and one day after we all got on the schoolbus he turned up in the ice cream van and gave us all 99s with red and green sauce. Best day ever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

children naturally like sweet things, whatever the weather

Advertisement