Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The icecream van

Options
  • 10-11-2012 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Its November, winter time, and the icecream van is outside peddling his wares.

Do these people ever not work, who buys icecream at 6 pm in winter...

Maybe it's just the music that gets my blood boiling, is it not like trying to sell hats and scarves in summer time?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Drugs. It's all about the drugs don't ya know

Screwball

• Registered Users Posts: 43 gb40

I wouldn't mind an icecream now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Make mine a 99 please.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I like ice cream!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

What annoys me is when they drive around at 10pm with the music blaring and kids are in bed..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

theres an ice-cream man where I live and the @sshole rips my poor 10 year old sister off.

We now have to count out he exact change to give to her,give her a note and ya won't see anything back :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

theres an ice-cream man where I live and the @sshole rips my poor 10 year old sister off.

We now have to count out he exact change to give to her,give her a note and ya won't see anything back :mad:

I actually had the opposite, gave my young lad a note to go out and get an icecream and the scabby so-and-so refused to serve him. I had to go out and get the icecream myself.

Here's me trying to give my son a bit of responsibility with money and he ended up embarrassed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Screwball

remind me what a screwball is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

A cone shaped container with ice cream and beneath the ice cream there is a round chewy chewing gum!

Heaven!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Cone shaped plastic cup with ice-cream and a chewing gum in the end.

It was the plastic cup with a chung gum in the end :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

ah!!

I remember them. I also remember an ice cream that looked like a cone version of a cream donut.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Money laundering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

a chung gum

Chinese dentist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

xzanti wrote: »
    What annoys me is when they drive around at 10pm with the music blaring and kids are in bed..

If he didn't have the music blaring, how would you expect him to wake to kids up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

It must do yer feckin head in to be an ice-cream man and listening to that scratchy bongy music day in day out, week after week, going out in all weathers trying to earn a few bob until your life sucking sponging kids get the hell out of the house and stop robbing me of my hard earned money, my blood, my tears, my soul, my dignity and my spirit.

Goddamn ungrateful bast@rds.

I'm sorry, what was the question again?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

They do popcorn as well, so I heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

stoneill wrote: »
    It must do yer feckin head in to be an ice-cream man and listening to that scratchy bongy music day in day out, week after week, going out in all weathers trying to earn a few bob until your life sucking sponging kids get the hell out of the house and stop robbing me of my hard earned money, my blood, my tears, my soul, my dignity and my spirit.

But it just seems to me that it's a waste of their time and money going out at this time of the year, I mean when its dark and miserable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

stoneill wrote: »

Sooo,..... fancy an icecream to cheer you up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Pottler wrote: »
    Sooo,..... fancy an icecream to cheer you up?

Iceberger would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Hmmm, that sickly sweet delicious red sauce all over your fingers..
    Love a 99 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

After the icecream van we had around a few years ago, I think they should be banned from residential areas. Coming multiple times a day, every single day, blaring the same stupid piercing jingle for months. Poor fella is only trying to earn a living, but so are a lot of people working or studying at home. I really don't see how his livelihood trumps mine or anyone else's.
    Especially ridiculous since you can already buy icecream any time of day or night if you're willing to walk maybe 5 minutes down the road from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

It's the FBI spying on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

humberklog wrote: »
    Money laundering.

Arms dealing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Our icecream man is the most ignorant man alive.
    He often pulls up his icecream van and chats to his sort while a queue of children develops on the other side of the van.
    He once barked at a young lad to "wait until he had finished talking" then drove off causing about 30 children to run crazy after it.
    There was words and between him and a few locals in the council estate and hurleys produced.
    Sum of the earth icecream man he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

99 with monkey blood :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

FYI, icecream vans after hours and at extremely odd times like 10pm is most likely drug dealings. Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

PlainP wrote: »
    Its November, winter time, and the icecream van is outside peddling his wares.

Cover for drugs or something. Apparently. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

When I was little I didn't like ice-cream. Still not too fussed about the stuff now. I was always more of an ice lolly person.

Advertisement