Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get a housemate to move out?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Somewhere on some other forum, the OP's housemate posted a similar thread a few weeks ago

Creep into his room in the middle of the night, whenever he is sleep, and pee on his face. It mightn't get him to move out, but it'll be a funny story to tell your grandchildren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Jay D wrote: »
    His first initial isn't M by any chance is it?

If I were you I'd get the fúck outta there. The landlord CAN take action for anti social behaviour and is choosing the easy option for him/herself and doing nothing, just hoping it will sort itself out and the money will keep coming in.

I've been where you are but I just bailed and got somewhere nice and had a fresh start. Have to be honest though I'd make sure I got the flatmate good. I'm not sure whether I'd douse his bed in pepper or something on a night when he'll be partying, just to wreck his buzz completely at the end of it. Píss in his drawers, up-end his room. Oh and if there's a nice set of speakers, put a knife in the cone, laptop etc, snap it in half :)

I'm getting a semi even thinking of it :)

28899833.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

Stay in a friends place a night or two.When you know he is having his next big session.Ring the Garda and get the place raided.If there is enough drugs he may well end up with a nice cell for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

Lace your food that he eats with laxatives, but take all the toilet roll from the bog first, (also take your towels out too) then if he resorts to wiping his hole with one of his own towels, take a picture of that towel and send it to your landlord, tell him you refuse to live with a filthy fcuker like that..... if that fails, just sh1t on his chest when he's asleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Buy some slow but persistent classical music and have it constantly on the go. If he asks U to turn down the noise you've won.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭doyle61

Play cd's of jedward really loud when he decides to get some kip. Ild run for the hills if that was done to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Call the guards to visit while he's indulging in a drug session

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Can you speak to the Landlord about his behaviour? It's sounds really awful to have to put up with that. If the Landlord fails I'd get your Dad, Brother or Boyfriend to have have a serious word with him. Rough the fcuker up a bit.
    Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Do you have any male friends that will attack him and really hurt him?

Mod

Lads, please don't suggest violence as a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Ask a Guard to be your "boyfriend for a while. Make sure he calls over during one of the parties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Try and kill him, that'll give ideas about moving.

Otherwise you'll find yourself holed up in your room with a box of Mr.Kipling and flat 7Up :(

Mr. Kipling does make exceedingly good cakes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Scrape all the butter out of his tub of butter (works with all spreads) or even better if he has chocolate spread! Shiit in the middle of the tub. Wait a week. Piss yourself laughing when he finally finds it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Do you have any male friends that will attack him and really hurt him?

I think it's fairly obvious OP has no friends

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

You should just ring the land lord and explain the damage to your belongings, the parties and the drug use, also explain how you wont be paying rent again until he is gone. That is the only way you will get is attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭treccie

Where To wrote: »
    If your telling the truth then your problem is the landlord not the housemate.

I'd be outa there asap.

Exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

try getting in touch with the prtb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

BroLo wrote: »
    Scrape all the butter out of his tub of butter (works with all spreads) or even better if he has chocolate spread! Shiit in the middle of the tub. Wait a week. Piss yourself laughing when he finally finds it.

WTF is wrong with you?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

3ar xunts wrote: »
    why be such a dick head... are you impotent or something.... or just ashamed of who you are... and your miserable existance

http://www.lifelounge.com.au/resources/imgthumb/leavebritneyalone_thumbnail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Tell him that Marty Morrissey is MOVING IN!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Walk around the house doing impressions of Gay Byrne.
    Bring your friends over for tea and a gossip.
    Talk about Eastenders/Coronation Street/Emmerdale Farm.

He should leave fairly swiftly..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Now that the issue has been raised though, I want an answer. Are you impotent? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

9959 wrote: »
    Tell him that Marty Morrissey is MOVING IN!
    It sounds like he already has. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

Me thinks the OP story is a load of me b!ll!x

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You don't get on with your housemate and it sounds like he is a very different personality to you. It's the price you pay for not living alone. The easiest thing is just to move out yourself. In the long run, it's the simple and mature decision.

However if you feel like it's your home and you want to fight for it, then fight for it! If the Landlord wont do the right thing, you are going to have to take matters into your own hands. Somebody suggested taking a photo of his drugs and send them to the landlord. This is a good idea but make sure you don't get seen doing it.

His music is keeping you up? Blare music the moment he want to sleep. Consistently. Once or twice wont cut it. You have to commit to it.

He wont like that one bit. It's not like he can complain to the landlord.....it didnt work for you after all. A week of this will make him mental and he will either move out or get physical with you at which point you can call the guards. Then he's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Forget about doing any silly nonsense, one of you has to go, you or him. Can you talk to your landlord again telling them there's illegal activities going on in the house and if this guy doesn't move you're going to. I know it can be quite hard to get somebody to move out once they've moved in from a legal perspective so it's probably quite a difficult position for the landlord to be in. If there's no sign of him going very soon, just move out yourself, why put yourself through that hell??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Furious_George

Give the landlord one more shot and if not move out yourself. I had a similar situation when back in college. Landlord moved some proper scumbags into house. What u have there is like stayn in the ritz in comparison.

The final straw was when i came back from college to the garda crime scene unit leaving the house with one of the lads clothes due to a rape allegation.

I spent miserable months tryn to get em out but in the end i just moved myself. I shoulda just moved straight away.

Get outa there OP life is too short

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Invite me for a drink, when Liverpool is playing. It has to be a live match. I'll scare everyone away :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Why don't you move out?

Advertisement