Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get a housemate to move out?

Options
  • 10-11-2012 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Help! I am a 21 year old woman and have been living in a 2 bed apartment for 5 months on my own and my landlords moved this 24 year old guy in with me. At first he seemed a bit arrogant but nice, and I showed him nice places to eat and go out etc and even helped him with college work.
    However that has all changed now and what was my home is now like a prison cell. He has party's 4 or 5am every week starting at 4pm, meaning I cannot even go in the sitting room to make dinner or use the Internet. They eat my food and drink and he has no respect for my belongings or towards me. He treats me like **** and has absolutely no common courtesy. One week when I had an exam the next day and needed time to study, I asked him politely not to have a session in ours several times and was completely fobbed off. The last straw was a potted flower someone bought me and he ripped it to shreds while him and his friends took illegal drugs. He is sexist and racist and just a complete dickhead.:mad:

I have complained to my landlord and my housema:Dte was moving out of his own accord, however when he found out I wanted him out, he refused to go out of spite, so now I don't know what to do and my landlord says there isn't enough to force him to move out, even though if he does he can have a whole apartment to himself!!!
    Help! i need brilliantly evil ideas to make him hate being here and want to move out as soon as possible!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Leave used tampons all over the gaff, i'd be outta there like a fcukin shot

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭M1XR

Eat lots of fibre and break the flush handle of the toilet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Stroll

**** in the kitchen.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

shellyanne wrote: »
    Help! I am a 21 year old woman and have been living in a 2 bed apartment for 5 months on my own and my landlords moved this 24 year old guy in with me. At first he seemed a bit arrogant but nice, and I showed him nice places to eat and go out etc and even helped him with college work.
    However that has all changed now and what was my home is now like a prison cell. He has party's 4 or 5am every week starting at 4pm, meaning I cannot even go in the sitting room to make dinner or use the Internet. They eat my food and drink and he has no respect for my belongings or towards me. He treats me like **** and has absolutely no common courtesy. One week when I had an exam the next day and needed time to study, I asked him politely not to have a session in ours several times and was completely fobbed off. The last straw was a potted flower someone bought me and he ripped it to shreds while him and his friends took illegal drugs. He is sexist and racist and just a complete dickhead.:mad:

I have complained to my landlord and my housema:Dte was moving out of his own accord, however when he found out I wanted him out, he refused to go out of spite, so now I don't know what to do and my landlord says there isn't enough to force him to move out, even though if he does he can have a whole apartment to himself!!!
    Help! i need brilliantly evil ideas to make him hate being here and want to move out as soon as possible!!!

Sleep with him

Claim your pregnant

he'll bail

(or has to marry you...)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Move yourself.
    Failing that, check your tenancy agreement to see if the landlord was entitled to foist a flatmate upon you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Can you speak to the Landlord about his behaviour? It's sounds really awful to have to put up with that. If the Landlord fails I'd get your Dad, Brother or Boyfriend to have have a serious word with him. Rough the fcuker up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

Hide raw fish around the sitting room and kitchen. Within a day the smell will be unbearable! Just keep note of where you put the fish so you can find it all when he moves out.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

A-HEM!!!

You're welcome-o.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭whatsthetime

Go with the used tampons for a few day. If that does not work then next month leave a few pregnancy tests around the place and let him "over hear" you on the phone saying you think he is the father.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

But seriously, if I was in that situation I'd be the one to move out. It would take too much time and effort to get him to move. I'd take photographs of the drugs and the parties as proof of the unbareable living situation and take notes of his abusive behaviour, I'd leave asap. Is there a friend you could go stay with until you find another place? Can you go back to your parents or another relative? Like Cavehill Red said check your tenancy agreement to see if he was allowed to force a roommate on you without your approval. You might be able to take your landlord to court to get some of your rent money back depending on the terms of the agreement (that's why I told you to get evidence above).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

1. Stop lying.

2. If you're not lying then get somewhere else to live.

3. If you're addicted to drama then welcome to the rest of your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

If you didn't live with him you would defiantly fancy him. Sounds like the perfect alpha male

• Registered Users Posts: 14,068 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

talk to duggy747....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

If your telling the truth then your problem is the landlord not the housemate.

I'd be outa there asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Two people advocating fake pregnancy? So if I ever want to ride a housemate I should forego trying to actually charm and banter them into the sack, instead spending all the time being annoying and off my tits?

Sound :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

Your best bet in this instance is manipulation of the landlord.
    As you are female manipulation should come quite natural.

Seriously though.....you'll have to skip a level over him on the power hierarchy. As theres no point in using outside harassment or wasting your time and energies trying to directly fight him.

So you'll have to get the landlord on board.

One or a combination of these:

-Money or Sexual acts. (always sure winners)

-Harassment of landlord- i.e constant nagging ...(again natural to females). Multiplier effect if you can continuously nag him through his wife, or nag his wife in the presence of her social circle.

-Threats of complicating the life of the landlord (everybody has enough shi.t on their mind) with lots of tedious menacing legal sh.it

-Overt red flag operations - You're not likely to put your fists through doors or fire bb pellets at the walls of his room now are you. Thats what guys do. He'll know but it will be his word against yours.

-Covert red flag op's - 'Jesus maybe I did burn the sofa with my smoke while I was passed out'. Maybe my mate did smash that door during our piss-up.
    Landlord conveniently discovers damage.

Or finally you can just go one on one with the A-symmetrics others have suggested already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

stop paying rent
    randomly break a number of kitchen appliances, ring landlord blame flatmates drunken guests for thrashing the place, demand the landlord fix or replace them instantly.
    Send a letter to landlord by registered mail stating your concern that class A drugs are being used in the premises, advise in letter that you have sent copy to PRTB.
    Treat yourself to meals out as you cannot gain access to your kitchen, send bills onto landlord.

carry on like this and he'll take action.
    most landlords dont care as long as they've rent coming in.

For your own amusement play loud ****e music early every morning & hoover.
    Leave bottle of smoothie or juice in fridge to tempt him....dose it with laxatives.

if i was you though i'd just give the landlord 1 months notice to leave unless he rids the apartment of the slug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Yes

You came to the right forum for an advice OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

Just a suggestion but bring me over and we can have really loud sex and then... :confused: what was the question again? Oh yea, he'll get super jealous and you guys might hit it off after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Do you have any male friends that will attack him and really hurt him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭reginald

Cover all HIS food in the fridge with fly/wasp spray....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Burn his house down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

His first initial isn't M by any chance is it?

If I were you I'd get the fúck outta there. The landlord CAN take action for anti social behaviour and is choosing the easy option for him/herself and doing nothing, just hoping it will sort itself out and the money will keep coming in.

I've been where you are but I just bailed and got somewhere nice and had a fresh start. Have to be honest though I'd make sure I got the flatmate good. I'm not sure whether I'd douse his bed in pepper or something on a night when he'll be partying, just to wreck his buzz completely at the end of it. Píss in his drawers, up-end his room. Oh and if there's a nice set of speakers, put a knife in the cone, laptop etc, snap it in half :)

I'm getting a semi even thinking of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Get a deal for a zany sitcom based on your situation.

Don't share any of the money with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Try and kill him, that'll give ideas about moving.

Otherwise you'll find yourself holed up in your room with a box of Mr.Kipling and flat 7Up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,834 ✭✭✭✭JRant

The Solution is very straight forward.
    Take pictures of this git taking drugs and showing drugs present in the apartment. Send a letter with these images to the landlord, telling him you think dealing is taking place.
    Next party el Gittero has just ring the police, tell them of the drugs and possible dealing going on. Also explaining to them how you informed your landlord of previous cases of this happening.
    Sit back and watch the sh*t hit the fan. The police can sort both of these ejits out.

I really feel for you, nobody should have to deal with that carry on.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

shellyanne wrote: »

You said if he moves out he will have a whole apt to himself? Why don't u just move into that apt?! Makes more sense and will take you a day rather then the couple of weeks to get him to leave...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Aah sure it's only a bit of craic :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭marketty

A gick in the kettle is a classic technique

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Buy some fish sauce ( nom pla) and put a few drops on the armpit area of all his shirts/tshirts and groin area of his trousers. He will have no friends after a week I promise!!

Or in extreme circumstances kill his parents and feed them to him!!! Orphanate the fooker!!

Advertisement