Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long Have You Let Your Hair Grow?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

Mine's never been awfully long, just to the point where's it's visible to myself and a little down the back of my neck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

danslevent wrote: »
    I know I will get abuse for this but I despise long hair on guys! Loads if my friends went through that metal phase in their teens of having long hair and once they cut it they got so much more girl attention! I think it ruins guys looks.
    Funny, it wss the other way around for me. No one ever commented on my hair when it was business standard short back-and-sides and scissors on top, but I grew it out into a curly mop and get complimented on it frequently now. It's a bit like this guy's.

Maybe you're referring to the ponytail down the back look, which I'd agree is pulled off well by about 1.5% of wearers.

It's a really subjective thing anyway. There are loads of lads who think short hair on a chick is just boyish, but I find it sexy as ****.
    reginald wrote: »
    Long hair on fella's is plain girly !!
    Yeah man, the first time I saw this bloke I was thinking "How the **** did a chick get on the French rugby team? :confused:"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Ive got lovely long hair down my back.

None on my head,just my back.

Ive also got a rasta arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Yeah man, the first time I saw this bloke I was thinking "How the **** did a chick get on the French rugby team? :confused:"
    What a sissy. I'd say he paints his nails before games and tidies the changing rooms afterwards. ;) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Ive got lovely long hair down my back.

None on my head,just my back.

Ive also got a rasta arse.
    A rasta arse? I can probably guess, but please to be explaining for me just in case please, hmm?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Black Leather

At the moment, my hair is half way down my back and I intend to let it grow to waist level. I just love my long hair and I am never going to cut it. I find that most women like my long hair and want to feel it. Sometimes, I have been mistaken for a woman, but I have no problem with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,624 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I have been mistaken for a woman, but I have no problem with that.

Grow a beard. Worked for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭megaten

Almost four years. I get about an inch off every now and then to take care of dead ends though. Goes down almost halfway down my back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

I have had long hair for at least the last 15 years.
    I have been told to cut it because women like short hair, I've been told not to cut it because women love long hair.
    I've been told to cut it because long hair is for girls.

I like my hair long.
    I didn't grow it to "get chicks".
    I'm not going to cut it to "get chicks".

Also strange women comming up and stroking my hair is a bit annoying.
    One girl asked if she could put some hair spray in it and even though I said no she whipped out a can from her bag and sprayed it while my back was turned. That was much more annoying than the walking up behind me and stroking it to "check how soft it is"...

It'll probably have to go soon though. Getting thin on top :/

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I have to get it cut once a month, i have a dracula hairline so it looks even worse if it gets a bit long. Think its nearly time for the dreaded number 1 all over :(

• Advertisement

Double post.

Triple post wtf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I once didn't get it cut for five years. It used to cover the length of my back. I'd probably still wear it long except I'm going grey. I don't have many grey hairs but having long hair made them look more noticeable.

I got it cut two years ago and have kept it short since. Now I get it cut every three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,130 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I got my hair cut this morning after many months. I feel naked. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

I have grown it as far as my waste/ass twice, just got sick of sitting on it and having to throw it over my shoulder when taking a crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mckenzie84

I get it cut every 4-6 weeks. I always get either a blade 0 or a blade 1(prepares for scumbag remarks) and my hair grows very slowly so it's always less than a half an inch long.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

2 ft was probably the longest, grew a goatee to about 8 inches once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I always wanted my hair to be long and straight,like Jesus :-) Instead it went out and up and all curly like Afros,Hated my hair for years so I just kept it short and when I lived in hot countries abroad shaved the lot of.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Grew it for about two years, had it halfway down my back.

Got that all chopped off a few years ago, but sometimes I miss it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I grew it about beetle long also , 3 quarters down my back. It is shorter now though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

realies wrote: »
    I always wanted my hair to be long and straight,like Jesus :-) Instead it went out and up and all curly like Afros,Hated my hair for years so I just kept it short and when I lived in hot countries abroad shaved the lot of.
    Makes sense .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Black Leather

o1s1n wrote: »
    Grow a beard. Worked for me :pac:

No way, I would never grow a beard! I prefer the clean shaven long haired look!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Eriopis

I definitely like long hair on men.. depends on the hair (and the man) though.
    If you look like this.. get a haircut

If you look like this.. call me! WOOF

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I let it grow about 2mm over the weekend, thought I looked like a right scruffball so it all came off on Monday morning :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

danslevent wrote: »
    I know I will get abuse for this but I despise long hair on guys! Loads if my friends went through that metal phase in their teens of having long hair and once they cut it they got so much more girl attention! I think it ruins guys looks.

:rolleyes: Metal is a phase now?? Yeesh, that's one long phase I seem to be going through...
    Stupid fcuking thing to say. But sadly not uncommon.

Anyway, I used to have long hair, not scraggly or anything, did ok girl-wise. Then I cut my hair about 6 months ago... Turns out I'm a bit of a ride. Wish I did it earlier :(

Advertisement