Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long Have You Let Your Hair Grow?

Options
  • 10-11-2012 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭

It's a question for the men really I suppose. I haven't had length taken off my hair since October 2011, I've had it thinned and styled but have let it grow. I'm 24 now and from my late teens I always had kind of an Oasis/Beatles style cut but last year I just decided I'd grow it out. I like the results, its naturally wavy and is about shoulder length. I'm lucky to be in a profession where a neat and tidy haircut is not a requirement. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

About Beetle length. Have had it very short at times.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I'm as bald as a coot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

This long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Had long hair down past my shoulders. I remember after getting it cut, for weeks I was still in the habit of pushing it back behind my ear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

I'm as bald as a coot ;)

Where? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

about two years....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Nothing sexier than long hair on a guy.
    My husband's hair was longer than mine until recently (mine is fairly long).
    Now his is just below shoulder length.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

about two years....

Were you happy with it? What kind of hair do you have, does it grow straight and thin or thick and wavy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Since I was a baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

Mines down to the bottom of my shoulder blades at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,609 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

10 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

So, I see you like capital letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Had long hair for 10 years, it had grown to past the midpoint of my back. Recently got it cut so its at a sort of "Hobbit" length now.

5 years without a cut and now I'm bald. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

So, I see you like capital letters.

I always use caps when I'm typing a title.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I had long hair - let it grow for about 2 years, down to my shoulders, then shaved it all off. Raised €2500 and donated the hair to the wig making place.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Down around my shoulders at one point when I was about 15...

But my hair is a little curly when it gets long, so it took ages for it to get to that length.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Just down past my shoulders, but it's thick and curly! I like it but sadly nobody else seems to, so feck them!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

I know I will get abuse for this but I despise long hair on guys! Loads if my friends went through that metal phase in their teens of having long hair and once they cut it they got so much more girl attention! I think it ruins guys looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

I usually keep mine relatively short. Sometimes I'll let it grow a bit for a few months but never anywhere near what would be considered long. It just starts to annoy me. I love the feeling of having my head shaved and it's very low maintenance but it can be a bit cold.

I don't like long hair on guys but that's none of my business so to each their own and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I had mine long until the draft

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭reginald

Long hair on fella's is plain girly !!

Now mullets, real men have mullets :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Probably 3 months maybe pushing 4. I let it grow out because of sheer laziness this summer to the point I was getting One Direction jibes so I said fvck this and went straight for the buzz cut. Turns out so did one of them too.

So I had to endure being known as Liam Payne for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

reginald wrote: »
    Long hair on fella's is plain girly !!

Now mullets, real men have mullets :D

Business in the front, party in the back, sure :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I had hair down most of my back and had it dreadlocked, missed my normal hair so cut them off about 2 and a half years ago, havent got a cut since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

danslevent wrote: »
    I know I will get abuse for this but I despise long hair on guys! Loads if my friends went through that metal phase in their teens of having long hair and once they cut it they got so much more girl attention! I think it ruins guys looks.

I quite like it, as long as it's clean. And not balding on top. The combo of a bald pate and a long pony tail is really not a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Marine 1 for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Had it about 3/4 the length of my back at one point, when it was wet it was at my waste.

Done with that now - hops in for a 5 minute shower - that's better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

As my Grandmother used to say:

"Tidy hair, tidy mind.
    Shiny shoes, shiny bellend"

Bless her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Let it grow down to my shoulders from 16-18. Then got it shaved off during lunch one day. Got a lot of funny looks that afternoon. Geography teacher stopped mid-sentence, stared at me for a few seconds, made some remark I don't remember, then got back to teaching.

Women who've since seen the pictures say the short hair is much nicer.

Advertisement