Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you don't like Apple you are in trouble!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Apple invented the apple.

True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

I just patented the rhombus.

I just patented the Phallus.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Bags the nonogon.

I wish this was my username.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Samsung have just overtaken apple as the maker of the best selling smartphone. Android is outselling ipads. Apples shareprice is taking a huge dump and their precious leader is not around to mindfcuk the world into believing that Apple are still the dominant player as he is currently being told by a Creator even more powerful than himself, just exactly who really owns the patent to Apple,apples,rectangles and anything else he cares to mention. Soon enough, the only thing Apple will be able to flog, are the stupid accessories for their overpriced crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Apple is finished...it's Banana all the way now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

KenSwee wrote: »
    Well, if this is true and people continue to buy their their products then I think they are fools.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Whilst I'm sure they have their patent and are happy with it, I'd be certain that if they ever actually brought anyone to court (say Samsung, for example) they'd be laughed out of the building and their patent be ruled invalid.

I wonder if it can be used to hold up another companies sales though. I doubt they'd do it if it wasn't going to have some use down the road. A small company developing something new and clever doesn't necessarily have the legal department or the money to throw away to fight dumb, but expensive battles. With other large tech names it might just serve as a delaying tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Would this not somehow conflict with some sort of U.S. law that would put Childrens safety first?
    Tablets might not be targetted at children, but if manufacturers have no choice but to put sharp edges on them, as opposed to rounding them, first kid that gets injured (In America), Sues, as it's standard coming of age stuff over there, who gets the blame? The Parents won't, even if they throw it at the Kid, So the Tablet Manufacturers, unless they make some sort of hexagonal corner.. ? Ah, America..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    I'm gonna patent the humble triangle.
    I've got dibs on the arrogant triangle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Writing this post is the only effect this news will have on me. Meh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'm going to patent the shape of a human being and sue everyone on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Shryke wrote: »
    I'm going to patent the shape of a human being and sue everyone on the planet.
    Good luck with that. There are some truly bizarrely shaped people scattered about the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Samsung have just overtaken apple as the maker of the best selling smartphone. Android is outselling ipads. Apples shareprice is taking a huge dump and their precious leader is not around to mindfcuk the world into believing that Apple are still the dominant player as he is currently being told by a Creator even more powerful than himself, just exactly who really owns the patent to Apple,apples,rectangles and anything else he cares to mention. Soon enough, the only thing Apple will be able to flog, are the stupid accessories for their overpriced crap.

Don't hold back now...tell us what you really think:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

I don't think they are pantenting that shape... like this guy writes...
    Maybe I'm wrong here, but this looks like a lot less than patententing a rectangle with rounded corners and more about a patent for a _device_ with rounded corners, a non-flat back, vent holes, a home button, etc. Without a patent like this, what's to prevent a company from making an exact copy of the iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Definitely time the US Patent Office copped on, and stopped accepting this crap from Apple. Idiots :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How is this a unique shape? Laptops have always done this as well as many electronics? It's just a safer shape in general to not have a pointed edge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

so which is better ps3 or xbox360 ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Snowie wrote: »
    so which is better ps3 or xbox360 ?

PC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Its more of a long rectangular edged oval IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

I dont like apple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

PC

Those two letters look a bit like a weird creature. The P having the eye and the C being the open mouth.

.PC
    .|
    .|
    .|\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Ireland should invest in Patent Lawyer Academies. We'd be out of the hole in no time

Advertisement