Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon UK - Black Friday Deals - November 19 to 25

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I bought it on the 24th November 2011(Black Friday Sale) for £12.27.

Amazon.png

So from the Nov 24 2011 it was £20.16 to Nov 27, 2011 - £14.99, as my first time witnessing the Black Friday deals, they really are cute hoors Amazon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Geri Male banned for... being weird..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Basq wrote: »
    Geri Male banned for... being weird..

I didn't even know............................what to report. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

Got the Playstation deal...Woop!

Didn't want it, but actually got it...lol

Can anyone see what the next 3 after the helicopters as all i can see is a small circle spinning, like trying to refresh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,290 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Kajor wrote: »
    Got the Playstation deal...Woop!

Didn't want it, but actually got it...lol

I couldn't even get on the wait list... and now the bloody yolk is sitting in my basket! resist! resist!

Can anyone see what the next 3 after the helicopters as all i can see is a small circle spinning, like trying to refresh?

helicopter blades???

CH3OH wrote: »
    I couldn't even get on the wait list... and now the bloody yolk is sitting in my basket! resist! resist!

I tried to get on the waitlist just because but I couldn't even get on it and I tried seconds after it. Waitlist must be 1000 limit or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Tried to get the yamaha piano earlier but it was gone in seconds. Must have been very few of them.

@BeerBaron, i sent off an email a while ago, to request the refund of p+p as i didnt have time to ring at the time but did when i got this email:
    I understand that you would like to be refunded for the postage charges you have incurred.

I’m sorry but we can’t make any changes to your Order No: xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx because it’s already entered the dispatch process. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Your package should be leaving our Fulfilment Centre shortly. As soon as it has, we'll send you an e-mail confirming the date, contents and method of delivery.

Unfortunately we're not able to provide a refund for postage charges since it is not Amazon.co.uk's error.

Just so you know, you can make changes to your order online, as long as your order hasn't entered the dispatch process, via Your Account:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/youraccount

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

What i thought :eek:

So i rang up & almost recited the words Beerbaron had quoted, wouldnt budge for a while, haggled a bit more & got the refund, of course i forgot to mention the email i got from them:D

Also asked the agent where does it say in my account of all the £10 fashion discount, reply back was we don't keep an eye on that? it should be in your email & then the agent was suddenly in a hurry to leave ?

I must have about a few now in the last few days, but not visible in my account? Can anyone see theirs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

This is why you wont get any notification of the discount. This is from the T & Cs:

"Buy any product sold by Amazon.co.uk excluding any Kindle Device, e-book or Gift Certificate ("Qualifying Product ") between 00:00 GMT on 15 November 2012 and 23:59 GMT on 25 November 2012 and you will qualify for a £10 promotional gift certificate to spend on selected Amazon Fashion (“Offer”), up to a maximum of one Offer per customer. Please note, we will not send you a promotional gift certificate or a promotional code as part of this Offer. Your discount will apply automatically to an eligible order of Promotional Products."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭biebiebie

vicwatson wrote: »

Iirc it was stg15.00. Good deal missed by me.
    You're in luck. The Harry Potter box set is back up at 2:29 today.

Today seems to be a real " right lads, what have got left at the end of the week " day.
    Lots of repeats, socks bags , watches etc

There is an interesting 9ct diamond pendant at 9:00 pm. The description is confusing as it is described as 25pt in the title but the description states 0.5carat
    "Stone Weight 0.5 carats"
    The image is of a decent enough size diamond. It is a J colour and SI2 which is not wonderful. It should be okay to the naked eye but for the price it went at yesterday (£169) is very good value for money.

@BeerBaron, i sent off an email a while ago, to request the refund of p+p as i didnt have time to ring at the time but did when i got this email:

What i thought :eek:

So i rang up & almost recited the words Beerbaron had quoted, wouldnt budge for a while, haggled a bit more & got the refund, of course i forgot to mention the email i got from them:D

Also asked the agent where does it say in my account of all the £10 fashion discount, reply back was we don't keep an eye on that? it should be in your email & then the agent was suddenly in a hurry to leave ?

I must have about a few now in the last few days, but not visible in my account? Can anyone see theirs.

I had to try to get a refund yesterday because I bought John Bishop on DVD and this year they put up a hell of a fight for a £1.85 refund. 2 online chat, 1 email and 2 phone calls later I got it AND an apology from the head of UK marketing over the phone. I spent £250 this week with them and thy fought over te tiny refund. They could even see last years refund on my account but didnt care originally. Anyway I'm all Black Fridayd out.

But yes the £10 thing. I tested it last night. Item must be over £40. Couldn't get any discount applied anywhere. Worthy of another email I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Not sure if posted yesterday. The kindle fire has £30 off atm

Kindle Fire 7"

2Ohsy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

^^^
    Can we buy those though? UK wont ship kindles to Ireland, you must buy them at the .com site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

They don't ship them to Ireland officially but you could always use Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Hogzy wrote: »
    ^^^
    Can we buy those though? UK wont ship kindles to Ireland, you must buy them at the .com site.

https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/

Use these guys. You can use either their IE or UK address as needed and it will still get to your local pickup point. Provided there is one close to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Just to let you know, I spent ages on live chat with amazon yesterday about the kindle fire-they have to be linked to a working UK credit or debit card in order to use them. I am thinking about getting one, and a gift card to load stuff onto, and then using my sister-in-laws credit card so I can use it. You cannot link to a credit or debit card that is registered in Ireland at the moment:(

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between these one & this one Hunger Games boxsets
    One of them is at the reduced price of

£20.37 Deal Price: £7.99 the other one is at RRP: £23.97 Price: £9.59 & that one is not on sale!

I have less than 09m now as i thought it would sell out in checkout, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between these one & this one Hunger Games boxsets

I have less than 5m in checkout, thanks.

Nothing, they have the exact same web address, product number and price. Both links above link to the same webpage with the same product.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Just to let you know, I spent ages on live chat with amazon yesterday about the kindle fire-they have to be linked to a working UK credit or debit card in order to use them. I am thinking about getting one, and a gift card to load stuff onto, and then using my sister-in-laws credit card so I can use it. You cannot link to a credit or debit card that is registered in Ireland at the moment:(

Afaik the card has to have thew same address as the buyer. So if you are using her card, you might have to have it sent to her as well.

Got Battlestar Galactica Bluray for £29, schweet !

Noticed that I paid exactly £29, normal Amazon prices go up a few % due to the VAT rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭pah

Got Battlestar Galactica Bluray for £29, schweet !

Noticed that I paid exactly £29, normal Amazon prices go up a few % due to the VAT rate.

got this too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

http://tabletcrunch.com/2012/11/22/google-play-kindle-fire/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads i just got this on Amazon.. unreal deal
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NWZ-E46...770600&sr=1-63

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

smilerf wrote: »
    Lads i just got this on Amazon.. unreal deal
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NWZ-E46...770600&sr=1-63

Bad link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

the pressure washer had 10% off.. then disappeared

Found out from Amazon that each customer is only entitled to ONE £10 Fashion Voucher and the product must be over £40. I said I tried loads of products, not on sale, and they didn't work. They said, add it to your basket and online chat them and they will edit your basket to take £10 off the price.

Bit of an ordeal but still get the £10 back anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement