Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we watching too much tv?

Options
  • 09-11-2012 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

I despise people who spend hours sitting down in front of the tv watching all kinds of garbage. These days i would much rather read a good book than spend time looking at my box. I'm beginning to think Ted was right and tv really is chewing gum for the eyes. How do you stand on this issue?

Comments

I generally don't despise people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

I despise people who spend hours sitting down in front of the tv watching all kinds of garbage. These days i would much rather read a good book than spend time looking at my box. I'm beginning to think Ted was right and tv really is chewing gum for the eyes. How do you stand on this issue?
    I don't, I sit when I'm watching telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

no you just rather sit down and think of something stupid to post on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

Its no worse than people sitting in front of the computer for hours!

I have my laptop here while Im watching Tele as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Internet and tv at the same time. Sometimes I forget to turn on the tv. There's nothing on it anyway. It's just to make a bit of background noise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 lidllady

i would much rather read a good book than spend time looking at my box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

These days i would much rather read a good book than spend time looking at my box.

I love looking at my box, I use a handheld mirror. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Maybe 10-15 years ago when TV was king, I'd say people are watching less and less TV as time goes on. Those under the age of 20 or so probably watch very little of it these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I watch it purely because it is a modern entertainment medium. We have advanced considerably as a species in our relatively short time on this Earth.

It would do our civilisation, intelligence and ingenuity a great disservice If I did not use technology to it's fullest. Two hundread years ago a TV could not even be fathomed. In a further 200 years it may well be an archaic relic.

How the fup can I connect my iPod to someone elses computer and not lose all my songs? :confused: Fuppin technology!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I do generally despise people.
    I don't watch telly though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I think HRT might be the way to go. That and vitamins. Or some vejazzeling to brighten it up?

Maybe 10-15 years ago when TV was king, I'd say people are watching less and less TV as time goes on. Those under the age of 20 or so probably watch very little of it these days.

I despise people who say things are "king".

You see that packet of crisps? They are King!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

You see that playing card? It's a King!

benwavner wrote: »
    You see that packet of crisps? They are King!
    He despises that packet of crisps as well. It goes deep..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i hardly, if ever watch tv now. the wife completely hogs it with all those wimmin programs. on the rare occasions i watch it its only for the horse racing on a saturday afternoon or dundalk on friday night

Pottler wrote: »
    He despises that packet of crisps as well. It goes deep..

Deeper than deep ridge walkers?

Shove it up your hole so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I have no probably with TV as long as the content is in some way stimulating.

Unfortunately there is a real dearth of this at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

sorry what was the question, I was watching tv

• Advertisement

Shove it up your hole so :)

What am I to shove up my hole exactly?
    This bird you cannot change.

What am I to shove up my hole exactly?
    This bird you cannot change.

A bag of king crisps? You might enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I love looking at my box, I use a handheld mirror. :cool:

Pics ....or ....oh never mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

No thanks, OP. Anyway, I've got these crisps. What I do, is I take one salt and vinegar and one cheese and onion, and I eat them both in the same go!

When people claim to look down on TV watching, I often wonder how much time they spend online. I never watch TV, but I do spend far too much time on the net. I justify it to myself by saying I use it mostly for educational purposes, yet here I am, posting a Father Ted reference in After Hours.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Big Bottom wrote: »
    Its no worse than people sitting in front of the computer for hours!

I have my laptop here while Im watching Tele as well!

Me too . Watching Tubs. It's good tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

I watch it purely because it is a modern entertainment medium. We have advanced considerably as a species in our relatively short time on this Earth.

It would do our civilisation, intelligence and ingenuity a great disservice If I did not use technology to it's fullest. Two hundread years ago a TV could not even be fathomed. In a further 200 years it may well be an archaic relic.

How the fup can I connect my iPod to someone elses computer and not lose all my songs? :confused: Fuppin technology!

To stop the ipod syncing either
    1 turn off auto sync on i tunes or
    2 hold ctrl and alt until i tunes show and release.

Better to watch tv and get motivated to exercise after the biggest loser or honey boo boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Would you prefer to look at my box?

Deeper than deep ridge walkers?
    Ok, not that deep, but deep enough. Be realistic man.

• Advertisement

Would you prefer to look at my box?
    In fairness, who wouldn't. I've heard it has a certain Hirsuite je-ne-sai-quai.

Advertisement