Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going away for Xmas ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im going home to dublin on xmas day for a few hours

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

So your not going away for Christmas then, what was the question again?

The question was am I going away for Christmas. My answer was: no, I am home for Christmas.

What's your point? Am I only allowed to reply if the answer is yes? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

keith16 wrote: »
    My wife is from foreign so usually spend every 2nd Christmas out foreign.

I hear it's lovely that time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm going away...to Ireland :o

Also taking in London, Manchester and Paris so not too shabby. Or cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

LA and Vegas from C'mas to New Year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I like the going away bit, it's the whole Xmas thing I have a problem with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I've had countless Christmases at home with family and friends and they've been cool.

I've had a handful in tropical climates, on beaches, lying in a hammocks supping on mojitos.

Supplied with a choice I'd be getting tan, drunk and generally not giving a flying fuck about anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

bluewolf wrote: »
    The question was am I going away for Christmas. My answer was: no, I am home for Christmas.

What's your point? Am I only allowed to reply if the answer is yes? :confused:

My lazy attempt at humour :)

You answered with where you were going before and after Christmas, I was joking with what was the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Went away for Christmas one year to Austria. It was nice enough, we went skiing on Christmas Day but I wouldn't do it again.

It felt like I didn't have a Christmas that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Going away ourselves. Just realised there'll be no tree where we're staying.
    Like a sad dick,I've been looking for one I can pack in my suitcase for the last hour.:o

Have you tried 'Bonsai Christmas Tree.com', same day delivery to anywhere within a half-mile radius of Horse & Jockey, Tipperary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

OP is a burglar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

My lazy attempt at humour :)

You answered with where you were going before and after Christmas, I was joking with what was the question.

I get jokes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Going away ourselves. Just realised there'll be no tree where we're staying.
    Like a sad dick,I've been looking for one I can pack in my suitcase for the last hour.:o

Saw pop up Cmas.trees at.ths Ideal.Homes.Exhibition last.week in the RDS....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I have to work Xmas day. :(

Advertisement