Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My 11 Year Old Son Punched in the Face - Guards do NOTHING.

Options
  • 09-11-2012 6:39pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Earlier today a grown man punched my 11 year old son in the head. This is a complete and utter disgrace. My son apparently had a rubber knife we got him for haloween and jokingly said to some awkward looking (his words) man that he wanted his money. Its important to know that my son had a smile on his face the whole time and the knife is quite CLEARLY a jokeshop knife.

The man preceded to punch my son in the face, breaking his orbital and damaging his eye socket. He then ran off like a coward. My son rang the guards crying but they have done NOTHING to find this guy simply shrugging their shoulders and saying theres no CCTV in the area and the guy is obviously long gone.

I genuinely dont know whats the most frustrating thing, the moron who punched my 11 year old son or the guards who wont bother to look for him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Waaay too late

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

1/10. Please try harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

c u next tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I ****ing hate these dumb unimaginative ****ing painful threads. Cancer and combustion on everyone that starts making topics with this ****ing bilge poisoning my mind with its abject flailing pathetic uselessness.

Bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nope.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

That's why you should vote NO on Saturday, your young fella has way too many rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

ffs..

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Shryke wrote: »
    I ****ing hate these dumb unimaginative ****ing painful threads. Cancer and combustion on everyone that starts making topics with this ****ing bilge poisoning my mind with its abject flailing pathetic uselessness.

Bastards.

Me too. The only way to get rid of them is to keep them coming

You're just stealing someone else's joke for thanks. Good job on failing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I don't care what ye say, that made me laugh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Your kid pulled a knife on someone, he got punched in the face. If an 11 year old pulled a knife on me I'd probably do the same thing.
    My reasons are:
    1. I'm not going to stand there and notice it's a fake knife, I'm going to see someone trying to rob my money and threatening to stab me.
    2. I don't care what age they are because they're trying to rob my money and threatening to stab me.

You should talk to your son about his stupid idea of a joke, he could have been killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Thinly veiled 'I have no imaginaton' thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

*sings*...heja BVB, heja BVB, heja, heja, heja BVB :D

I always start singing, when I can't decide if I should laugh or cry, thanks to threads like this one ;)

You're just stealing someone else's joke for thanks. Good job on failing.

Lighten up boney, I really don't care about meaningless likes on an internet forum. I just thought it might be a light hearted thread about the ridiculousness of these response threads (i.e KTRICS earlier) that are continously propping up. We've now had the culprit, the son himself and now the father. I'm waiting for the mother to prop up with her side of the story.

sorry for 'failing'

CianRyan wrote: »
    Your kid pulled a knife on someone, he got punched in the face. If an 11 year old pulled a knife on me I'd probably do the same thing.
    My reasons are:
    1. I'm not going to stand there and notice it's a fake knife, I'm going to see someone trying to rob my money and threatening to stab me.
    2. I don't care what age they are because they're trying to rob my money and threatening to stab me.

You should talk to your son about his stupid idea of a joke, he could have been killed.

Cian if you saw the knife you'd understand, its rubber. My son had a lovely smile on his face. The creep who hit deserves PRISON time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

While this is a nasty situation, it's also far from an unprovoked assault either.

It's not unknown for kids to have pulled knives on people and stabbed them. It has happend and does happen!

People have been shot by young teenagers in some places in Ireland.

How do you know the guy did not assume he was about to be stabbed and acted in self defense?

Pulling a weapon on someone (real or fake) is a VERY bad idea, even if in jest.

I'm sorry to hear that your son was injured, but it's a bit like teasing a dog in the face and expecting not to get bitten and then getting angry about the dog afterwards.

Someone made a split second decision that they were about to be stabbed and reacted violently. That's what happens if you pull a knife on someone.

I hope he recovers soon, but it would be an important lesson to learn that you should absolutely never in play or otherwise do something like that as it can and often does provoke very swift and over the top reactions that can be almost automatic.

Higher wrote: »
    Cian if you saw the knife you'd understand, its rubber. My son had a lovely smile on his face. The creep who hit deserves PRISON time.

What are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'd still punch him though, just because I don't like kids.

Solair wrote: »
    While this is a nasty situation, it's also far from an unprovoked assault either.

It's not unknown for kids to have pulled knives on people and stabbed them. It has and does happen!

How do you know the guy did not assume he was about to be stabbed and acted in self defense?

Pulling a weapon on someone (real or fake) is a VERY bad idea, even if in jest.

I'm sorry to hear that your son was injured, but it's a bit like teasing a dog in the face and expecting not to get bitten and then getting angry about the dog afterwards.

Someone made a split second decision that they were about to be stabbed and reacted violently. That's what happens if you pull a knife on someone.

even if there was a knife my son is 11 years old. He could have easily swatted him aside. Surely you dont think it was a reasonable response?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

even if there was a knife my son is 11 years old. He could have easily swatted him aside. Surely you dont think it was a reasonable response?

If someone pulls a knife or a gun on you, you are in fear of your life.
    You could find that he'd have a pretty strong defense in court if it did go there.

Pulling weapons fake or otherwise on random unsuspecting members of the public is a VERY VERY VERY bad idea.

It may well have been an over the top reaction, but it as also a very stupid and dangerous thing for your son to have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Jesus this is sh/te.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I blame the parents. OP is a crap parent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Your son did a stupid thing and got smacked. Sorry to sound like a pr/ck, but tough. He won't do it again.

If someone pulled a knife on me, no matter what age, I don't know what my reaction would be. But I sure as fcuk wouldn't be checking whether the knife was real, I wouldn't be paying attention to the little gits smirk on his face either.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

50 shades of sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Was your son alone at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

You know you son and you knew that the knife was fake. That colours your perception of what happened. As his mother, you would know if your son is serious or messing.

A stranger wouldn't have a clue who your son is, or what his intentions were. What you see as funny, wouldn't seem half as funny to a stranger who has just had a knife pulled on him.

I wasn't there so I don't know the full circumstances but if somebody pulled a knife on me, I'd probably react the same way.

To be honest, your son is lucky that he wasn't very very seriously injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

If the rubber knife you gave your kid looks anything like my rubber knife, I'm not surprised it was mistaken for a real weapon.

As for the kid smiling, that wouldn't register with someone who thought they were facing being mugged and/or stabbed. Even if it did, it's nothing near an indication of innocence.

• Advertisement

The knife starts flashing when you press a button, if you saw the knife you'd know theres no way it could be mistaken for a real one. This scumbag just saw an opportunity to punch a defenceless child and get away with it 'Oh i thought it was a knife'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement