Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breivik complaining about prison conditions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    No he wouldnt.

He got 21 years in Norway. For this crime, it seems very light. But it was the most the Norwegian system could give.

We have several prisoners who have been in longer that that, and none of them have killed 77 people.

21 years ++ he will never see the outside of the gates again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Has anyone seen Lilyhammer? Norwegian prison looks class. Feck off Breivik.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Did someone drop a bar of soap in front of him? Did a 2 meter/100 kg guy propose to him? :pac:

Seriously, he tries to look for attention, I'm sure, his followers will see him as a martyr, if he keeps going on like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Breivik complaining about prison conditions

Lulz. That is all. :)

I'd agree.

I believe what the Americans did with a 9/11 bomber that they caught was put him in solitary in a cell that was about 600 feet underground, never to be seen or heard again.

Thats where Breivik should be too.

No, because then you would have someone complaining about his human rights being violated. Keep him where he is, make him think his voice is being heard, but quash that completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

21 years ++ he will never see the outside of the gates again.

Unfortunately he will I think and also given a new identity with a comfortable life ahead of him for the rest of his days. 54 is still young now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Actually Sweden and Norwegian people complain about how soft their prison sentences are, and how their taxes are being wasted on these criminals, and so on so forth, like any other group of people on the planet.

You obviously weren't watching the many interviews with victims and their families over the course of the trial and before. Brave and dignified people. Some of us could learn a lot from them.

As for martyrdom; unfortunately people like this criminal have certain repugnant beliefs and his death would undoubtedly make him a hero to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

**** him. May he rot for what he did.

krissovo wrote: »
    Unfortunately he will I think and also given a new identity with a comfortable life ahead of him for the rest of his days. 54 is still young now.

The Norwegian justice system is different. This is a 21 year penalty AND a detention verdict. The detention verdict can be reevaluated after 10 years, but as long as he is considered a risk to society it will be renewed.

I dont think so,and do you think Norway would forget him,including me.
    Doubt it,so if they are smart they will keep him behind bars for good.;)
    If they dont find him a risk to society,the society will be a risk to him,so they can choose basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

krissovo wrote: »
    Unfortunately he will I think and also given a new identity with a comfortable life ahead of him for the rest of his days.

Preventive detention
    It's a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I heard that the cushions can be lumpy at times and it takes ages for the staff to come around to fluff them up again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

biko wrote: »
    **** him. May he rot for what he did.

What would Steve Biko have wanted, do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

They should send him to an America high security prison for a little holiday. He'd soon realise he has it far to good in his Norway prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

Now this is why long term detention is better than the death penalty. He now has a lot of time on his hands and he's out of the limelight. Reality dawns for him. This is the rest of his life.

Until now with all excitement of it all and the trial and whole fuss surrounding it made him feel important in his perverse way.

But now he's just prisoner number 34356 sitting in his admittedly comfortable cell. No one is interested in what he has to say anymore. This is an attempt to get back in the public eye.

It must be hell for him. Day after excruciating day alone in his cell with no one but himself for company. No one interested in his ideas, ignored, despised and alone.

That's the rest of his life and he knows it now. May he live a long life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Not sure why the media are continuing to give him the benefit of having his opinions publicised.

A kind of tabloid schadenfreude is probably what they're hoping to generate and people will always love hearing this kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

old hippy wrote: »
    The Old Testament vengeance brigade are out in force, it seems, salivating over the idea of retribution.

You'd have this criminal nobody become a martyr, would you?

Yeah but it always the same, people can't say on one hand we are better than this type of person, then behave in a similar manner by breaching the criminal human rights. There seems to be a difficultly in accepting that we are supposed to be above this.

I haven't seen the whole thread yet, but apart from those that want to have him physically assualted in some way; you then get the other great idea. That the person is not worthy of rights, and I know what "we will get somebody to ride him" that will teach him.

I did think we was sentensed to more than 21 years though, not that it should be too difficult to extend it by showing he is still a threat.

This is not the 15th century we can no longer torture criminals, though I would think that he should be in a psych unit rather than a jail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Odysseus wrote: »
    Yeah but it always the same, people can't say on one hand we are better than this type of person, then behave in a similar manner by breaching the criminal human rights. There seems to be a difficultly in accepting that we are supposed to be above this.

I haven't seen the whole thread yet, but apart from those that want to have him physically assualted in some way; you then get the other great idea. That the person is not worthy of rights, and I know what "we will get somebody to ride him" that will teach him.

I did think we was sentensed to more than 21 years though, not that it should be too difficult to extend it by showing he is still a threat.

This is not the 15th century we can no longer torture criminals, though I would think that he should be in a psych unit rather than a jail.

I think there was a definite fallacy in considering him sane on the basis that he appeared so during psych tests, given his actions.
    That's more your area of expertise though I think.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Apt username btw

Why is that i wonder?:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭goodie2shoes

who is this brefik guy anyhow?

he sounds like a totally nobody loser.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

"I highly doubt that there are worse detention facilities in Norway,"

I'm trying to think of oxymorons to compare with this one from Mr Breivik; as I would imagine Norway probably has the very best prison facilities in the world.

I am thinking along the lines of

The most homophobic area of San Francisco
    The most crime-ridden suburb in Geneva
    The worst michelin 3 star restaurant in Paris
    The ugliest deserted beach in the Carribean
    The most aggresive butterfly in the Borneo

Any others?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Actually Sweden and Norwegian people complain about how soft their prison sentences are, and how their taxes are being wasted on these criminals, and so on so forth, like any other group of people on the planet.

Yes and they are also complaining at the costs, 30,000 Kroner per day, just on him, that's about €4000 a day or approx €1,450,000 a year.

Overflow wrote: »
    Yes and they are also complaining at the costs, 30,000 Kroner per day, just on him, that's about €4000 a day or approx €1,450,000 a year.

An extensive new study undertaken by researchers across all the Nordic countries reveals that the reoffending average across Europe is about 70-75 per cent. In Denmark, Sweden and Finland, the average is 30 per cent. In Norway it is 20 per cent.

They must do something right ,allthough the cost is high;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

He's a troll.

He's out of the limelight, people are beginning to ignore him and he wants to keep up his charade of being seen as something of a political prisoner.

What better way to annoy the people of Norway than to complain that the temperature of his coffee is somehow on an inhumane but different level to what he did in Oslo and on Utoya.

The best punishment for him is to have him never heard of ever again. That he'll serve the rest of his life in a cell with nobody on the outside hearing a single word from him.

The prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

I'm trying to think of oxymorons to compare with this one from Mr Breivik; as I would imagine Norway probably has the very best prison facilities in the world.

Any others?

the most sun drenched part of ireland?

back on topic Don't feed the Troll any anything he says should be ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

you have to give him credit, he's got stones as big as fridges.

Leftist wrote: »
    you have to give him credit, he's got stones as big as fridges.

Yeah, and a brain the size of a peanut;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Wanting to correspond with his supporters and to write books, Breivik only has use of a pen, which he considers very inconvenient, Jordet said.
    Breivik, who has been separated from other inmates since his arrest, also claims he is deprived of recreational and social activities.
    "Such treatment isn't human," Jordet said Thursday.

I'm struggling to work which of his human rights are being abused. Never mind the crap about the cold coffee, switches outside his cell and horror or horrors, only having a pen to write his books and correspondence with. Perhaps the prison guards should play a game of Ludo with him from time to time. I don't understand when the concept of depriving someone of their liberty as a punishment became the concept of depriving them of their liberty andkeeping them in comfort with all of the benefits of a regular life. If they want those extra home comforts they should be made work for them.

They should do prison exchanges when inmates start bleating about human rights. A couple of weeks in Guantanamo Bay or Rikers should sort him out. I'd say the people in those prisons would be queueing up for a couple of weeks in Norway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

gustafo wrote: »
    An irish prison your having a laugh arnt ya, servicing time in an irish prison is fairly soft.
    Really? You've trie it have you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Anders Breivik: Taking trolling to a whole new level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,864 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Probably the district where there are banks whose clients are tax exiles. :pac:

Advertisement