Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breivik complaining about prison conditions

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ah bless his little cotton socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Let him out. Let everyone know they're letting him out, give the good people of Norway a time and a date when he'll be released open the gates and throw him out of the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Not sure why the media are continuing to give him the benefit of having his opinions publicised.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,253 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Diddums.

Think he gave up all rights to a comfortable life when he killed 77 people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

OSLO — Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik's complaints about prison life range from daily body searches to the temperature of his coffee, according to extracts from a 27-page letter published Friday after his lawyer protested that his human rights are being violated.

nders Behring Breivik was sentenced to 21 years in jail for killing 77 people in July 2011

Fúck the temperature of your coffee, you're lucky there isn't razor blades in it pal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Not sure why the media are continuing to give him the benefit of having his opinions publicised.

Norways trying, and succeding, in showing how lenient and democratical their laws are.

But anyway, jesus, wonder how long he'd last in an American or Irish prison:O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Well one of the things he is complaining about is just that.
    And also why its called democracy and freedomof speech.
    But they have put him in isolation from any media,so thats one of the reasons he is complaining.

Apt username btw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

He thrives on it, I imagine. The poor lamb doesn't get enough butter, his coffee is cold and he's not allowed moisturiser.

I mean, come on. The guy is a troll. :mad:

Although, the cries for bloody retribution are a bit predictable. And they're coming from the usual suspects here, not in Norway. They have dignity.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

And that he doesn't get moisturiser?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The nerve of that SOB to start complaining, should have been strung up from a lampost in Oslo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Norways trying, and succeding, in showing how lenient and democratical their laws are.

An irish prison your having a laugh arnt ya, servicing time in an irish prison is fairly soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »

He'd probably get 2 and half years here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Me neither. I don't think Breivik likes it when his name isn't in the media. So it's definitely time for him to be ignored by all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

The Old Testament vengeance brigade are out in force, it seems, salivating over the idea of retribution.

You'd have this criminal nobody become a martyr, would you?

There should be a worldwide ban on publishing anything that he says from now on. If you want to hurt him, that's how.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,820 ✭✭✭✭listermint

old hippy wrote: »
    The Old Testament vengeance brigade are out in force, it seems, salivating over the idea of retribution.

martyr to whom ? ?? ??

old hippy wrote: »

Yes, you old hippy!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

His cell is massive, over 240 square feet!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20270325

His complaints include not getting enough butter for his bread!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Exactly who would view him as a martyr?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

"He is aware that, taken separately, his grievances can seem unimportant, but taken together, they paint a grim picture,"
    He complains about his treatment in prison, and that it's "inhumane" yet..
    Before the attack, he had posted online a rambling 1,500-page manifesto laying out his hateful world view and at one stage during the trial he told the court: "I would do it again".
    The lad has more neck than a giraffe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭MarkHitide

Tether him to a bridge in Troll country!

Exactly who would view him as a martyr?

While he acted alone, he isn't the only one that would share his viewpoints. His execution would make him a martyr to those.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

"I highly doubt that there are worse detention facilities in Norway,"

Comedy gold from a Grade A Prick.

iDave wrote: »
    He'd probably get 2 and half years here

No he wouldnt.

He got 21 years in Norway. For this crime, it seems very light. But it was the most the Norwegian system could give.

We have several prisoners who have been in longer that that, and none of them have killed 77 people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Poor fella, you'd think he was in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    No he wouldnt.

He got 21 years in Norway. For this crime, it seems very light. But it was the most the Norwegian system could give.

We have several prisoners who have been in longer that that, and none of them have killed 77 people.

your not familiar with the concept of tongue in cheek then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Although, the cries for bloody retribution are a bit predictable. And they're coming from the usual suspects here, not in Norway. They have dignity.

Actually Sweden and Norwegian people complain about how soft their prison sentences are, and how their taxes are being wasted on these criminals, and so on so forth, like any other group of people on the planet.

There should be a worldwide ban on publishing anything that he says from now on. If you want to hurt him, that's how.

I'd agree.

I believe what the Americans did with a 9/11 bomber that they caught was put him in solitary in a cell that was about 600 feet underground, never to be seen or heard again.

Thats where Breivik should be too.

• Advertisement

iDave wrote: »
    your not familiar with the concept of tongue in cheek then

No I'm not :o

I'm familiar with people who give out about Ireland as kneejerk reaction to pretty much anything under the sun.

Advertisement