Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Litter thrown from cars

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Abi wrote: »
    It's a scummy thing to do. Cigarette butts out the window drives me nuts too. I can't imagine reporting them will do much, as you've nothing by the way of physical evidence. It doesn't sound like your wife has your backing on this one.

I agree with you however, b-harte 1, wifey 0.

Got one of those in the face once while out on the bike. It was still burning and could very well have put me on the tarmac. Same problem for open topped cars.

After a GAA match, bus loads of fans on their way home, a glass bottle hit me on the shin. That stung quite a bit even with the padding.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,296 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

maximoose wrote: »
    Do they actually though? Surely you must need to have some sort of proof otherwise that system is wide open to abuse
    You can appeal it, as it's usually "someone saw you throw litter out the window", and unless a Garda saw you do this, you can sometimes deny it, but the guilty just usually pay up, horrified that they got caught :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

just got a call from council. had to give specific details of where the incidents took place. fine will be issued to the registered owner of the car. will have to go to court if contested. so it would appear the council take the matter seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

b.harte wrote: »
    just got a call from council. had to give specific details of where the incidents took place. fine will be issued to the registered owner of the car. will have to go to court if contested. so it would appear the council take the matter seriously.

That is great news! Fair play to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Slightly off topic, but pavement litterers are far worse. I've lost count of the times i've seen a chip shop box with paper wrappings just dumped on the street, fork there and all.
    Its like the person was eating and just immeadiately dropped everything without a second thought and kept walking :mad:

The lack of bins argument is largely bullsh*t. Its just ignorant, lazy and disgusting behaviour, whether you're in a car or on foot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

FatherLen wrote: »
    it's worse when you drive a motorbike and people throw fag butts out their window!

1st thing i dont smoke, but of course you have to throw a fag out the window, otherwise your car will go up in a ball of flames.......Makes sense to me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I am forever throwing my empty beer cans out the window:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

You should have called in the guy to punch the children, disgusting filthy pigs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

My cats always littering .

Advertisement