Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We Do Not Do Christmas - Anyone Else?

Options
2»

Comments

We do not send cards, give presents, indulge in the cult of the hebrew zombie birth, hate turkey and we are very happy and save loads of money.

Fcuk me, life in your house sounds like a barrel of laughs!

"Oh no, here come grumpy Mr. Dipso out with the scissors to puncture the kids soccer ball"

Why can't you just celebrate Santa's birthday like everyone else without getting into such a lather about it in November already?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I am wondering if the OP's partner is outwardly happy with the decision, but spends their lunchtimes wandering around department stores Christmas shops with a wistful look.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,992 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

My partner and I gave up on christmas in 2008. We do not send cards, give presents, indulge in the cult of the hebrew zombie birth, hate turkey and we are very happy and save loads of money.

Anyone else out there who also opts put of this socio-psychotic-economic mass delusion?

I can tell you it is very easy to do and you realise that it's only conformist wankery holding the whole horse**** together.

Negative equity's a terrible thing.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I wouldn't buy in to it in any major way, but it is nice to have a time when pretty much everybody is taking the day off. Kinda like Italia 90 when everyone was glued to tv screens. Nice to have a shared experience.

Think when I have kids they'll be told there's a santa and they'll be told about the whole Jesus thing, but I don't think I'd celebrate the religious aspect of it at all (not believing in any such lark.) Think the idea of having a time of the year where you can be nice and give gifts to people is quite lovely.

Doesnt have to be about religion, personally i think the two weeks leading up to xmas day there is a really nice atmosphere and everyone is in a jollier mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

OP, you sound like some crack!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

What's not to like about getting drunk and stuffing your face for two weeks straight? It's magical. I feel sorry for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 okfine

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I wouldn't buy in to it in any major way, but it is nice to have a time when pretty much everybody is taking the day off. Kinda like Italia 90 when everyone was glued to tv screens. Nice to have a shared experience.

Think when I have kids they'll be told there's a santa and they'll be told about the whole Jesus thing, but I don't think I'd celebrate the religious aspect of it at all (not believing in any such lark.) Think the idea of having a time of the year where you can be nice and give gifts to people is quite lovely.

Wow does anybody believe in the birth of jesus "thing" on boards?....Crazy Hippocrates, Considering Jesus put the Christ into Christmas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

billybudd wrote: »
    Doesnt have to be about religion, personally i think the two weeks leading up to xmas day there is a really nice atmosphere and everyone is in a jollier mood.

..not if you work in retail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

My partner and I gave up on christmas in 2008. We do not send cards, give presents, indulge in the cult of the hebrew zombie birth, hate turkey and we are very happy and save loads of money.

Anyone else out there who also opts put of this socio-psychotic-economic mass delusion?

I can tell you it is very easy to do and you realise that it's only conformist wankery holding the whole horse**** together.

Someones trying to sound cool and unconformist!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

I'll always be bewildered at people who "hate" or despise Xmas.

Everyone's happy as larry, generous, it's a time for getting the family together, seeing long lost friends and relatives, having a week long piss up and gorging yourself on the savage dinners cooked by mammy and granny.

Seriously, the comedown I have after the Christmas holidays is worse than dublin's zombies coming down off heroin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Gongoozler wrote: »
    sorry for your trouble:D On the other hand, get some sleep, we need to buy stuff off you tomorrow-it's Christmas in a few weeks ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Gongoozler wrote: »

I always love working on the run up to Christmas! Even all the grumps(most of them anyway) are in good form :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

*NOM NOM NOM NOM N ......*

Sorry what was that ? Did I miss something while eating this turkey leg ?

Ooooooohhh look a cheesecake !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Chucken wrote: »
    If it means nothing to you, why do you want extra money for working that day??

I never said I wanted extra money, but hey, feel free to make stuff up.

It's a holiday of some sort that I don't give a toss about so why would I turn doen extra cash for working the day? :confused:

If you were getting triple time for working next Tuesday would you turn it down? :rolleyes:

Christmas, Ramadan, Yom Kippur, or any other religion inspired day of craic I have no interest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Christmas - the BEST time of the year ... TOTALLY :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

This is what happens after a lifetime on the Naughty List.

I'm just a conformist wanker though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Too early for Christmas threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement