Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been Electrocuted??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭caste_in_exile

Electric fence happened me too you go out, for a bit of a buzz and don't come home dissapointed. Beats buckshot in the rump I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

For true fun with electricity, you need to play with a megger - tradie lads will know what one is, for others, it's a yoke for testing the integrity of a system by overloading it massively, but briefly (basically) OR, it's like a little electric shock machine with a huge output - connect it to somthing metallic, get victim to pick up said item and hit the button - cue many hours of fun recounting just how high the victim managed to jump from a standing start:D Probably best not to overdo it as it can lead to an ache in the testicles - mainly when the victim gets huffy after shock 3 or 4 and kicks you in the rocks..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Did that thing when you're putting in a plug and somehow manage to touch one of the live bottom two prongs as you put it into the wall. No idea what voltage of a show that would be but it felt like I'd been bitten.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    You literally died.

Hmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

When I was about 6 I removed the lead from a stereo or some such device, plugged it in, switched on the plug and stuck the other end in my mouth! :pac:

Saw a bluey / green flash, heard a weird noise and it was like someone punching me in the face!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Yes a really nasty shock in a hospital of al the places :D Got the shock due to some one disregarding lock out procedures..a fibreglass ladder saved me.

Anyone ever got a shock of bad spark plug leads in a car?...yikes:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

As a child I bit into an electrical cord. The wiring in the house at the time dated back to the 40's, and it didn't trip the breaker before I was allowed a healthy dose. My lips are a tad fatter than they probably should be, and I have some discoloration. The worst part is that ever since the incident, I can now see about one second into the future. It's the worst super power ever. It's like DeJaVu 24/7. The most confusing part is when I know I am going to have DeJaVu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

I wasn't electrocuted but did get a few proper shocks alright...

The best was re wiring a house the other lad was doing the board and I asked him 3 times was it off sure it is just do what your at then of course big bang and sore fingers 4 a while ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Only by an electric fence but when i was only 10-12 there's was a tiny hole above the socket in me and my brothers bedroom, and when we did something wrong we were put in our room for the day so me and my brother used to p!ss into the small hole above the socket and cut out all the electricity in our house as punishment to our dad for sending us to our room.

He never found out why it kept happening and thankfully we weren't electrocuted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

I have today, quite painful experience!
    If you had been electrcuted you would be dead ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

On last day in Fas I paralled 3 meggars ,cranked them up to 1000v each and stuck them to the class lickarses temples,like some sh1t frankenstein experiment.

The poor bastard never spoke to me again,then again maybe he never spoke to anyone again.

Some buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yeah a few times, most recently on a stainless steel counter top that wasnt earthed. nearly blew my hand off and i was strangely starving innediately afterwards. i knew a fella who had a gypsies on an electric fence years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭JoeGil

Was trying to put a new bulb into a standard lamp one time and couldn't force the bulb in. I thought the lamp was plugged out and pressed the prongs down to see why the bulb wouldn't fit. The shock threw me on the floor and I was dazed for five minutes.

Advertisement