Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How well do you sleep?

Options
  • 08-11-2012 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

I remember reading before about people who have horrifying night terrors where they wake up and there's someone sitting on their bed staring at them and they are frozen and can't move. Alarmingly, it's apparently quite common afaik!

I've never had that before but I have had the thing where you think you're falling and you wake up in a panic, very freaky.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I have twisted scary weird dreams every night but i've kind of learned to enjoy them a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

I sleep well. Thanks for asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

Like a Log in a few minutes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I very rarely ever dream. It's more like being rebooted for me, I pass out and come round with no recollection of dreaming at all. Very difficult to fall asleep in the first place though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I dont sleep very well, i often get sleep paralysis or really freaky nightmares.

(O_O)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Takes me a few hours at least, in those hours I usually calculate how much sleep I'll get if I fall asleep at a certain time which in turn puts pressure on me to fall asleep at said time which in turn causes me to bypass this goal which in turn starts the cycle all over again.

In short- me no sleep so good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I sleep when I'm tired, unless it's too hot. Then I just sweat like a pedo in a Barney suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Stroll

Asleep the second my head hits the pillow and like a log as well.

Although years ago I've had sleep paralysis happen which is what I think your referring to. Scary experience first time round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'm similar to Stook except I also tend to spend most of the night worrying about rubbish that really shouldn't worry anyone. I never tend to be well rested the next day. I also should probably be sleeping right now. :D No doubt many have it far worse than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

On top of a big pile of money surrounded by many beautiful women.

I wish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

depends on how hard i ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

dan1895 wrote: »
    On top of a big pile of money surrounded by many beautiful women.

I wish!

Howya don draper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Cuddling my dog because I'm forever alone.

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

Nodster wrote: »
    Like a Log in a few minutes :rolleyes:

In a forest?? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I get things similar to what you mention in op in times of severe stress - It is sh1t scary - It happens when you're half awake and half asleep and you think you're awake, but you're not!

Most of the time I have insomnia or hypersomnia.
    My circadian rhythm is always off kilter, and I need pills to get stick to any sort of sleep/wake cycle that fits in with modern living.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I never sleep because I worry too much about how little sleep I'm getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,897 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I sleep talk alot

I recorded myself one night and it was bizarre

You know a Southern American accent, well in that accent I was saying "I dont know sir, I do not know"

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭whatsthetime

imurdaddy wrote: »
    In a forest?? :D:D

Do logs in a forest snore even if no one can hear them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

I have great sleeps :) Always have positive dreams and if I have the time I can sleep for over 12 hours.

I havnt had nightmares in years, but I do occasionally get that falling feeling - and some ****ed up, but enjoyable dreams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I'm asleep right now! :/ I wish.....

Actually I'm wide awake as Mr whatdoicare, who sleeps great, talks in his sleep and insists I join in. He tells me all his dreams but not in English, or any language as far as I know. He sometimes tells me, in English, about some horrific dream he's in the middle of, last one he told me he was in a car crash or something.

He'll do this continuously for the next few hours and will then commence kicking me in his sleep or copping a feel. If anyone watches Bobs Burgers he's like Tina thrashing about. Fun times.

So basically I get to sleep around 4 or 5 am and I have those control it like a video game dreams, I love those, then nothing until another video game dream before I wake up. I sometimes get the paralysis thing, expecially if it's a very dark room for some reason. It nearly always happened to me in hotels until I started leaving the bathroom light on.

So, basically, no, sleep is not my friend.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Sleep great with some Zopiclone or Flurazepam. Not so well with out tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I bought alpha brain on Joe Rogans behest because it's supposed to give you "mad dreams bitches" (Joes words). I got one night of mad dreams... Bitches, but it's too expensive to have alpha brain shipped over so I'm looking for it locally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Loaded up on Zopiclone, hot milk and melatonin. 9-10 hours of warm fuzziness and insanely vivid dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I only read half of the OP then stopped because I was already freaked out. Cheers OP, I would've slept well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I started getting night terrors last year. Usually I'll wake to see scissors floating above my head, or maybe a pillow moving closer and closer to my face. I've seen people standing over my bed a few times too.
    I wouldn't be able to move, or scream, it was really disturbing. When I first started getting them they were really frequent, haven't had one in months now thank goodness.
    I find it very hard to fall asleep, but when I do, I can sleep for 12+hours without waking once.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,897 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

This is a great watch

The sleep sex is very funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

WHen I do sleep, I sleep like a log.

If someone is in bed with me I fall asleep straight away and sleep great.

I spend most of my nights awake until at least 5am. Then I try sleep, drift off sometime after that and usually have a nightmare.

I think its where I live that's causing it. Memories etc.

Ah well, I'm coping so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Most nights I sleep pretty well dreaming about all the things. In fact I sleep so well I go into a deep sleep most nights that most of those nights I see myself in car accidents falling downstairs or cliff's appearing out of no where. in frustration to this I went searching for my answer and found out most nights I'm dying. For some reason unknown to myself even though I get many hours i seem to drift into such a sleep that my heart beat slows down so much that my body has to kick start all over again before my heart stops and I die.

Takes a lot out of ya but somehow I don't think ill be sleeping tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I'm a pretty bad sleeper and take ages to fall asleep. Even if I'm tired I could close my eyes and I'd start thinking again because my brain is incapable of shutting the fvck up.

I rarely dream either, and it's only when I'm wrecked waking up and then fall asleep again that I can remember that dream. It nearly always has celebrities it it too. I know :o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

I usually get 12 hours a day with this stuff. Hard to get these days

Advertisement