Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comics on a tablet?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

Hopefully gonna get one of the new Nexus 10s next month, once Google get their act together and stop selling out of them every five minutes they go on sale!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭twilightzone

I was thinking of treating myself to a cheapo tablet just for comics and that. The thing I'm wondering though is that any electronic copies of comics I have look like they'd be too small for easy reading on a 7 inch screen and I don't like the idea of zooming and panning pages on a bus trip, I'd like to just swipe from page to page. Had anyone got experience of a tablet that comics "fit" properly?

I use the DC Comics app on my Sony Experia T smartphone, and it looks and works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Wolfman-Eire

My daughter asked about a Kindle Fire for her birthday, so I researched it; 7 inches and almost 200... and it's a locked / forked android.. Nah, so I looked harder and found that Polaroid had gotten into the tablet market (working with Southern Telecom). They appeared on the market over a year ago (7inch & 10.1 inch) princing in the US at $70 & $150ish.. they were on series 5 of each model by the time I started to investigate. The returns on this product were so minimum that they were gaining a name for themselves as a solid cheap tablet. I now have 7 inch PMID 705c (for my daughter) and PMID 10 inch (for both my wife and I). I am a happy customer and the only glitches I've discovered is software clashing with apps; which is a hobby of mine a, and found easily fixed. They're also semi-rooted already. This year Polaroid are releasing their answer to the IPad 10'inch with a 7 inch, called m7 and m10... the new ones will be over $200 but if you search on ebay you'll find the models I'm referring to at bargain prices. In the context of the question being asked here, I read my comics on the tablets, the 7 inch requires you to zoom in and out but the 10.1 is perfect for comics. I unzip my cbrs, rars etc and load them onto the tablet and read them from the gallery app included. If' you've any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Advertisement