Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your "Pet Hate"?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

A fat cnut on a motorbike.

And your name is Rolliepoley!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Rudeness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Women calling their husband "hubby".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

People who think indicating is for other drivers to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

- When you are running a few minutes late on the way home and the TV program you REALLY want to watch has already started. You blast into the living room to turn on the TV post haste, and then find the adds are on.
    - People ahead of me at the checkout with too much time and too much change on their hands.
    - The hell that is morning traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

Anti-theists – keep telling yourselves its not a religious movement...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Road Works. We have had one set of traffic lights reducing traffic to one lane for over 2.5 years, now we have 3 sets of road works within a 6km stretch of road.:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I'm pretty sure this guy's a troll... Or just very ill-informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

Nailz wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this guy's a troll... Or just very ill-informed.
    Neither, theres a lad in my class who: won't stop trying to convert me, virtually worships Hitchens and accuses anyone who dissagrees with him of being an ignorant backwards fcuk. Normally by shouting over their argument. Can't we go back to simply not having a religion and let others get on with their lives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

And you keep telling yourself that that sentence makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Stroll

Working for a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

When the weather forecast says "scattered showers".

Basically it translates to going out for a sunny morning bike ride and then meeting johnny rain cloud 10 miles from home. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Rude check out assistants

Not saying please or thank you, chewing gum, biting nails, talking to other members of staff about their weekend, pointing when asked where something is....

I'll be on the news one day with a Tesco employee by the hair bashing her face off a till.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

When stores can't be arsed to charge me correctly.

It's ridiculous how frequently this happen. Probably 50% of the time, if I go to Tesco or Lidl there will be mistakes. What's more annoying is the complete amount of apathy the employees have.

Last weekend Tesco was selling 6-packs of Pepsi, buy-one-get-one-free. So I buy six. That means I should pay for 3.

But at Tesco you can't count on anything ringing up correctly. I think it's because the 6-pack include the bar codes on the individual cans - so you have to be careful not to scan one can instead of the six-pack. Anyway, the check-out girl screws it up. Instead of getting six, six-packs, she rang up five and one individual can at .75 euro.

I told her, 'No, that's not right - this is only came up as .75' but she'd already printed the receipt. And she's like, 'Ummmmm, well, that's okay. It's cheaper'

Which is completely a lie. I don't know if she was just stupid or trying to get me to leave. It ended up taking nearly 30 minutes for me to pay them correct amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

It's been mentioned but people who have no manners.

It doesn't cost you anything to say thanks. The shop I worked in, the amount of people that would just look at you and grunt or say nothing at all when the transaction was complete! It really got on my nerves.i used to shout after them, "thanks very much, have a great day!!!!" really euthusiastically!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

People being late, does my fooking head in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

When someone you're supposed to be meeting rings you ten minutes after the agreed meeting time and says "I'll be there in ten, I'm on my way!" in reality, they've just stepped out of the shower. :mad: Gah! Just tell where you really are so I can go get a cup of tea while I'm waiting or something. Be straight with me! Lying about where you are doesn't help, and is actually worse!

Lateness doesn't bother me that much, shít happens. Just be honest about it!

Or when people phone ten minutes after you're supposed to meet and tell you they're not coming

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

People being late
    The whole chino/skinny jeans fad
    Women who think they need to be the same colour as an oompa loompa when on a night out
    The use of LOL, OMG, ROFL etc when in coversation with a person

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

It's been mentioned but people who have no manners.

It doesn't cost you anything to say thanks. The shop I worked in, the amount of people that would just look at you and grunt or say nothing at all when the transaction was complete! It really got on my nerves.i used to shout after them, "thanks very much, have a great day!!!!" really euthusiastically!

Same here...I used to say "You're Welcome" and be over enthusiastic like yourself...Hello and thanks is all im looking for...not to much to ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

These words being used incorrectly.
    Their, they're, there, been, being, your, you're.

Also, when people say "axed" instead of "asked".

• Advertisement
Advertisement