Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your "Pet Hate"?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Queue jumpers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Nissan Micra drivers = rage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

What is your "Pet Hate"?

The relentless politically correct unthinking left wing-ness of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭doyle61

is it, thanks for reminding me, what Channel?

pet hate, people who eat with their mouths open, people who chew food loudly.
    Living @10pm. Herself is getting ready to watch it and has series record set aswell. For the next few weeks I officially hate Wednesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

My pet lizard hates balloons.

Am I doing it right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

hmm,

• Winter - dark at 4-5pm!
    • Lazy, unambitious slobs in their late 30's (not depressed people)
    • Smoke & smokers (only the obnoxious, inconsiderate ones that insist on blowing smoke in my face)
    • Small Talk -
    (It's Ireland, I don't even give half a sh1te about your opinion on the weather,....It's pretty predictable, southwesterly winds and rain, yes.. RAIN!, get over yourselves)

• Stubborn people who can't accept they're wrong
    • Criminals, Drug addicts, alcoholics, & pikeys (I dont mind travellers in general, just the small minority that are absolute scum)

Is that too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

nosy people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Liars, bull****ters, people that can't stop blagging on with the same old stories, people constantly looking for sympathy or pity, people that constantly fidget and make noise like a small child looking for attention, people that can't let others say anything without having to one up them or make it all about themselves, people that exaggerate and distort events to make themselves sound better and then tell as many people as will listen, people that constantly talk behind others backs and then act like a pal when they're around-- you can be guaranteed as soon as you're gone they're saying something about you.

Humanity basically then? There are a lot of people who have these traits in spades. Plenty of great people around too thank God, but I dishearten when I have to get on with the crappy part of humanity.
    I have a great future life ahead of me as a borderline recluse just as soon as I fool a decent woman into getting on board.

Shryke wrote: »
    Liars, bull****ters, people that can't stop blagging on with the same old stories, people constantly looking for sympathy or pity, people that constantly fidget and make noise like a small child looking for attention, people that can't let others say anything without having to one up them or make it all about themselves, people that exaggerate and distort events to make themselves sound better and then tell as many people as will listen, people that constantly talk behind others backs and then act like a pal when they're around-- you can be guaranteed as soon as you're gone they're saying something about you.

Humanity basically then? There are a lot of people who have these traits in spades. Plenty of great people around too thank God, but I dishearten when I have to get on with the crappy part of humanity.
    I have a great future life ahead of me as a borderline recluse just as soon as I fool a decent woman into getting on board.

completely agree man,

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nickcaved

People who post loads of pointless photos of themselves on the internet. I mean...I understand posting one picture but any more then that is just conceited and vain...especially if you have a big nose or something:pac:

• Advertisement

Nickcaved wrote: »
    People who post loads of pointless photos of themselves on the internet. I mean...I understand posting one picture but any more then that is just conceited and vain...especially if you have a big nose or something:pac:

Oh that reminds me, ...cocky, unattractive girls who think they look amazing...I admire the confidence and all that, but I really don't want to see your pics all over my wall....ughhh *shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Rats and insects. No idea why people keep them as pets.

Have you ever seen a Degu? They're great little guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nickcaved

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Oh that reminds me, ...cocky, unattractive girls who think they look amazing...I admire the confidence and all that, but I really don't want to see your pics all over my wall....ughhh *shudders*

I completely agree....what are these girls thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Celery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

People talking in the cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

When someone you're supposed to be meeting rings you ten minutes after the agreed meeting time and says "I'll be there in ten, I'm on my way!" in reality, they've just stepped out of the shower. :mad: Gah! Just tell where you really are so I can go get a cup of tea while I'm waiting or something. Be straight with me! Lying about where you are doesn't help, and is actually worse!

Lateness doesn't bother me that much, shít happens. Just be honest about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I really don't like people with no manners, it doesn't take an extra second say please or thank you.

I don't like waiting on people, I am usually quite punctual so I expect other people to do the same for me.

I really dislike people who talk over me, for the sake of manners I usually let them finish what they are saying too.

I think I was meant to be born in a different century I am all about manners and ettiquite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

People who hate cats...

pets, cats... geddit?
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Noisy eating. It's driven me demented since i was a kid. I used to have to eat my cornflakes in the sitting room as a kid cos my two brothers used to slurp as they ate theirs at the table.

Still drives me potty to this day.

And bad table manners, no excuse for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I was in a hospital ward the other day, visiting a relative. The ward was packed with sick people quietly being sick and dignified and getting on with it. In walks posh Connor SR with his wife, who was no more or less ill than all the others. He loudly asks the nurse to fetch the consultant so he can discuss his wifes "case" with him and what course of treatment was appropriate. Because he's "Loud posh Connor", the feckin consultant actually comes and starts discussing what's best to be done.
    Now, no other fecker in that ward got a chat with the consultant, let alone a "plan" of their treatment, probably because they were all decent, dignified working class people. That grinds my gears, so, my pet hate, tonight, is loud posh Connor, and the cnut consultant that pandered to him. Which raises a number of issues, about me, loud posh connor, the consultant, quiet working class people, and Ireland.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭MusicalMelody

I hate storytoppers...

E.g
    Me: oh I bought a boat the other day...
    Storytopper: oh really I own 45 boats

Fcuk off storytoppers you are full of ****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

Sub Base Speakers on home stereos. There is no purpose for them other than to annoy neighbors. I particularly dislike when people drive around residential housing estates at night blaring boom boom base heavy music.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dsummers1982

Dublin Bus
    The Gards

I have no previous convictions are anything close. I've had so many bad experiences with them its unreal. One big boys club of jumped up tossers who take joy in helping no one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dsummers1982

Also people on bus/dart etc looking at you when your music is slightly loud in the headphones when they are taking up two seats with their massive broadsheet. As if the noise around them isnt as distracting, the chatter, traffic, sound of the bus/dart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

Women wearing pyjamas to the shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

Sean Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

When people duck out of a bet..

'we never shook on it!' - aghhhhhhh got i hate them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

X-Factor

When people add ' where there shouldn't be any. Especially when pluralizing words. Cinema's. I mean, really?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

People(mainly men are the offenders)who "gob" on the street.
    Big, fat, green golliers sometimes out of the mouth but even worse when ejected from the nose onto the path right in front of you.

Advertisement