Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bizarre Limerick Dog Sex case

Options
  • 06-11-2012 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

This is the most incredible legal case, involving sex, I've read, probably ever.

A Limerick man who arranged for his dog to have sexual intercourse, with a woman he met over the internet, ended up being charged and convicted for buggery. His sentence has just been deferred. In the case, the woman involved, died in hospital, a few hours after the sexual intercourse. However they can't determine the exact cause of the woman’s death.
    It all sounds too bizarre to be true, but it is ...
    The woman, a 43-year-old separated mother from Co Limerick, died in hospital several hours after allegedly having sex with the animal in the man's home.

Sean McDonnell, 58, with an address at Rathmore, Churchill Meadows, Raheen in Limerick, pleaded guilty to one count of buggery with an animal on 7 October 2008.

Limerick Circuit Court heard that although semen swabs taken from the dog were matched to DNA found on the woman's body, no exact cause of death could be confirmed.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1102/dog-sex-limerick.html

There's another very important issue raised by this case. Why should anyone be charged with anything when the sexual encounter was reportedly, consensual and mutually arranged, albeit one that had an unfortunate outcome.

Also if the genders had been reversed, and the man had gone to the woman’s house, and the dog had sex with him, and the man subsequently died. Would the DPP (Director of Public Prosecutions) have taken a case against the woman for buggery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

didn't this happen yonks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yeah happened in 2008. Sorry they're gonna have to delete this, already been posted, sorry folks! This forum moves very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Oracle wrote: »

There's another very important issue raised by this case. Why should anyone be charged with anything when the sexual encounter was reportedly, consensual and mutually arranged, albeit one that had an unfortunate outcome.

I'm not sure if you could say it was consensual for the dog. I think that's the whole basis for the law against bestiality, although to be honest I couldn't be certain. Tis a strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Yeah happened in 2008. Sorry they're gonna have to delete this, already been posted, sorry folks! This forum moves very fast.
    I think I'll let one of the other mods search for "sex with dogs" and merge the threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

That's a 'woof' way to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Was the woman hot???:eek::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I think I'll let one of the other mods search for "sex with dogs" and merge the threads.

I better do it, it'll look odd if anybody else does.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

FatherLen wrote: »
    didn't this happen yonks ago

Yeah...even the dogs on the street know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

jiltloop wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you could say it was consensual for the dog. I think that's the whole basis for the law against bestiality, although to be honest I couldn't be certain. Tis a strange one.

I'm not being rude or anything but the dog must have gotten an erection to have sex with the dog?:p

One could only imagine the foreplay:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Was just reading about buggery from a legal point of view. It's defined under British law as either:
    • anal intercourse by a man with a man or woman
    • vaginal intercourse by either a man or a woman with an animal

Which seems to imply that if the dog had had anal sex with the woman then there may not have been any crime committed.

Interesting law!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

The man involved has been charged with "buggery with a dog"; but my reading of it was that he was just an enthusiastic bystander?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

I thought it was well established she died from an allergic reaction to dog semen. I'm guessing he could be charged with animal cruelty or something. Makes me wonder how much of it went/is going on unnoticed. Then again I suppose it's classic Rule 34.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

This is the most incredible legal case, involving sex, I've read, probably ever.

A Limerick man who arranged for his dog to have sexual intercourse, with a woman he met over the internet, ended up being charged and convicted for buggery. His sentence has just been deferred. In the case, the woman involved, died in hospital, a few hours after the sexual intercourse. However they can't determine the exact cause of the woman’s death.
    It all sounds too bizarre to be true, but it is ...

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1102/dog-sex-limerick.html

Also if the genders had been reversed, and the man had gone to the woman’s house, and the dog had sex with him, and the man subsequently died. Would the DPP (Director of Public Prosecutions) have taken a case against the woman for buggery?

Bestially laws makes having sex with animals illegal, I can't fathom out why it shouldn't be illegal. Secondly, are you sure that the dog ever consented? Just because the dog went over to have sex doesn't mean anything.

Having sex with animals, whether illegal or not, is disgusting and vile

The thing with the man getting the dog to have sex with should be prosecuted and should be illegal, whether the dog "consented" or not

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

later12 wrote: »
    The man involved has been charged with "buggery with a dog"; but my reading of it was that he was just an enthusiastic bystander?

You had your day in court pal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Was just wondering there
    If this story was years ago then what was the op searching for in google to find this story????

Was just wondering there
    If this story was years ago then what was the op searching for in google to find this story????

The OP didn't search that’s why he posted despite there being another 6 "Limerick Dog Sex" threads. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Was just wondering there

It's back in the news because the trial has started.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

She was dog rough!!!

jiltloop wrote: »
    It's back in the news because the trial has started.
    Yes, http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1102/dog-sex-limerick.html

Here's another point ... leaving the sex out of it completely, and consider this ....

I invite you to my place for peanut butter sandwiches. You love peanut butter, accept my invitation, and we agree to meet at my place to eat sandwiches. You arrive and we both listen to music and have peanut butter sandwiches. Everything goes fine, you go back home ....

... but then a few hours afterwards you become very ill and have to be taken to hospital. Unknown to you, and to me, you have developed a severe allergy to peanuts. Turns out your allergic reaction was so severe, despite the best efforts of the hospital, you died.

Should I then be charged with manslaughter or murder, because what you did during your visit to my house, caused your death?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

How big is a dog's knob then?

If it was a horse, or something hung like a donkey then fair enough, but dogs aren't that well endowed ate they?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

she was ruff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

HigginsJ wrote: »
    She was dog rough!!!
    Oooh! Bitchy! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Should I then be charged with manslaughter or murder, because what you did during your visit to my house, caused your death?

Except eating peanut butter is not illegal. Sexually abusing animals for your own gratification, thankfully, is. Your peanut butter example is completely meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Franticfrank

Yeah it was a pretty vile incident alright. The German Shepard literally banged the poor woman to death. Correct that she died from an allergic reaction - I read somewhere it was a very similar reaction to a peanut allergy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

What exactly is the offence he being charged with. Living off the proceed of doggy prostitution?

prinz wrote: »
    Except eating peanut butter is not illegal. Sexually abusing animals for your own gratification, thankfully, is. Your peanut butter example is completely meaningless.

No its not because the women most likely died of an allergic reaction to the dogs semen. Why should the man be prosecuted he didn't have sex with the dog? He merely facilitated the encounter, which was mutually agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Maybe the poor woman thought she was gonna be rodgered by a shepherd from Germany, rather than an actual German Shepherd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

prinz wrote: »

Given that the woman (supposedly) died from a reaction with the dog's semen, I'll go out on a limb here and guess the dog didn't have much of a problem with this abuse. :p

I'm guessing. I have no knowledge of this subject.

He merely facilitated the encounter, which was mutually agreed.

The encounter which was in itself an illegal act, and "mutually agreed" doesn't mean squat.

A better comparison would be Person A contacting paedophile B over the internet so that B could come round and abuse a child in Person A's care. Do you think just because Person A facilitated the encounter, and it was mutually agreed Person A shouldn't be charged?

• Advertisement

who_me wrote: »
    Given that the woman (supposedly) died from a reaction with the dog's semen, I'll go out on a limb here and guess the dog didn't have much of a problem with this abuse. :p

I'm guessing. I have no knowledge of this subject.

Clearly. You do now that humans can often exhibit signs of sexual arousal while being raped too right? Does that make it ok?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement