Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the werdest or stupiest job you have had

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Red Rocket - I'm sure some people will understand this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Stupidest: When I was younger I spent one summer as the trolley guy in a large Dunnes Stores. I mostly spent my day dealing with old ladies who didn't have a euro to put in the trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Picking stones in a field for 8 weeks
    Didn't really give a **** neither did the farmer .
    couldent figure out why we where there till planning permission was sought to put a motorway through the field .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

I spent a summer masturbating bulls and pigs for artificual insemination

Anyone else ever do it?

I got very wet and my arm was very sore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

binman- not a very hard to learn job

you picked it up as you went along;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I worked for the blood transfusion service back in the 70,s when they were on leeson street. It was weird in the sense I was moving blood and plasma around the different floors every morning and would also have to clean out the rabbits in cages as they were kept for tests ?? huge white ones they were,We also had free guinness in large pint bottles in which we drank every friday :-)Thinking back now it wasn't weird at all it was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

sfw cork wrote: »
    When I was 16 I worked in a chicken factory in the Kill The noise was deafening

Did you not learn any poetry while there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TheGez

Worked in a bar to put myself through College. Boss took a shine to me so eventually my job became keeping her company while everyone else worked she even brought me to Spain for a week with her son (who was older than me). The boys all thought I must have been going off with her but I wasn't she was just exceedingly nice to me. I miss that job..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Went for an interview with a temp agency in the US and they asked could I work that afternoon in their building. It was a relatively new 15 story glass tower and at the very top was a very large room where the a/c rooms and lift motors. They wanted to put down a new floor covering but everything had to be swept first.

Cue entry of the gullible new Irish guy looking for work. It was about 30 degrees outside but this room was even hotter as the windows were blacked out and also meant it was fairly dark. I was told only to work for about 15 minutes at a time then cool off in the a/c room which was about 4 degrees (how I didn't get pneumonia).

I had to sweep the floor which was covered, and I mean covered in dead bugs. Nice innocent Plaza never seen a firefly or a cockroach before in his life (and certainly not ones the size of a mouse). In the dark, every now and again one of these fúckers would be alive and scurry away or one of the bástards would glow. I can still hear the crunching sound walking on a floor of bugs.

Funny moment of the day, going down in the lift to the basement with three clear binbags full of dead bugs and meeting people in suits going home. I think one lady got a little sick in her mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Calling people up and getting them to buy home water coolers (the ones you see in offices) on hire-purchase.
    If you ever had one of your callees laugh hysterically and insist you were taking the p*ss then that was me. Sorry about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Most of today was spent calling people all over the UK to ask if they wanted to do a survey about the UK's national parks.
    Usually it's shopping surveys, but I've also done them about the carrier bag charge being introduced to the UK, and about what forms of public transport people use.

(I know, everyone hates me!)

Advertisement