Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cure the aul hangover

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Where's the sleep through it option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Sugary Drink
    Panadol when I get in the door after a night out, a pint of water, Ginger tea in the morning along with plenty of water.

Panadol etc
    The only thing that will actually cure you/prevent the hangover if you start early enough is more drink. Hence why its called "the cure". Even one with lunch for instance will make you feel that bit better.

If "the cure" isn't an option, then a breakfast roll/fry, some coke/lucozade etc and plenty of water will eventually help. Getting outside as hard as it is usually helps too.

I find panadol etc only make your stomach feel worse and would never take one unless my head was epically sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Other?
    you could also try-

a scottish breakfast (a glass of water and a paracetamol)

a farmers breakfast (a glass of water and a shite)

or a scousers breakfast (a pint of lager and the leftovers of last night's takeaway)

Or the tinkers breakfast - a piss, a fag, and a look around.

Seriously though, crispy bacon sandwich and lucozade orange. End of discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Time is the only cure

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

you could also try-

a scottish breakfast (a glass of water and a paracetamol)

a farmers breakfast (a glass of water and a shite)

or a scousers breakfast (a pint of lager and the leftovers of last night's takeaway)

Or an Irish breakfast (still drinking from the night before at breakfast time so the hangover hasn't arrived yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Greasy stuff
    I don't usually get hungover but I always have a massive craving for Lucozade Sport the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

x1 Nurofen plus and x1 solpadine washed down with x1 disprin , x1 diorlyte and x1 berocca in pint of water.

take a dump and take a shower.

some greasy and carby food.

the lazy ride.

a beer.

go out in the fresh air.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Do you often piss the bed after a feed of pints and cant figure out why?

Even in my advancing years - 4 or 5 pints hardly constitutes a "feed" does it? Doesn't sound much like fun downing 7 pints of water after 5 pints of beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Do you often piss the bed after a feed of pints and cant figure out why?

Nope. I've never been the sort of person who wakes up in the middle of the night needing to piss either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Other?
    an ice cold drink and a some tasty food :)

Worst thing to do is a have a smoke :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I was on a stag a while ago, and one of the lads had a packet of diorilyte. Took one before going to bed, and one when he got up.
    Not a sign of a hangover!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Panadol etc
    The sensible option is to rock on through and slowly wean yourself off it the next day, until tiredness takes over and you have to sleep. You should wake up the next morning after a lengthy sleep feeling relatively normal, if a little bit sad.

Failing this, if you've not made it through and woken up struggling the morning after, try 2 solpadeine, an Alka Seltzer and a Berocca boost dissolved in one glass of water, followed about a half an hour later by a fry up and some strong coffee. Get through that without puking and there won't be much wrong with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

A few cans the morning after always gets me straight.

Advertisement