Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cure the aul hangover

Options
  • 06-11-2012 1:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

After a long night on the aul hooch, ye often find yerself hanging to bits the next morning. I, myself, rarely get hangovers anymore, when I do I find nothing will cure it except a few panadol and back to bed, I can't even stomach a sugary drink or water or toast.

So fellow boardsies, what cures the aul morning after for ye??

Sorry mods if this has been done already, feel free to lock / merge.

What fixes ye up when a hangover ales ya? 101 votes

I don't drink
    0%
    I drink but never get hangovers
    4%
    RemmylucyluCelly SmuntL.JenkinsDeath and Taxes 5 votes
    More drink
    13%
    ProxyGarHlucyluCruelCoinVanishingActsFluorescencePaclyOnesimus1ZRedsheikhnguyenPizzamanIRLBroLoNeewbie_noobDeath and Taxes 14 votes
    Panadol etc
    16%
    omahaidsafetyboygustafoThe GnomeDarkJagerpaulieeye[Deleted User]lucyluThundercats Homooman2ndcomingkeysersoze0330Tim the EnchanterMocha JoeTed_YNWADeath and TaxesDr Feelgood 17 votes
    Sugary Drink
    13%
    joseph brandKev.frashDarkJagerpreddylucyluft9JoekersPippy1976johnwest288The Union ForeverMince PieDeath and TaxesLenin Skynard 14 votes
    Greasy stuff
    20%
    The GnomefrashHogzyTPDlucyluWashington IrvingFryngeMcChubbinsummerskin[Deleted User]ft9JoekersConTheCateire_ladRothkoELJeffjimmy the carjohnwest288Whatsernamex33Death and Taxes 21 votes
    Other?
    29%
    PlayboyThe GnomebikoProxyfrashsugarmanHogzyTPDlucylumyfatherrssonniginatornot yetdizzywizlwBUBBLES1978McChubbinMr. Manager[Deleted User]testtech05ft9Mayo Miss 30 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

More drink
    in before the:
    yer ma
    Don't drink

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

A big fry, a shower, plenty of water, and get out of the house into the fresh air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

water, and plenty of it. a hangover is dehydration and your body being poisoned bu alcahol. the headache is your brain shrivelling up and pulling away from the inside of your skull so drink plenty of water

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Lots of water ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

"A hair of the dog that bit ye". That would kill me though, so:
    Paracetamol and lots of vits and herbal tea, some toast too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Lots of water + a couple of multi-vitamin tablets, a shower and a ****e always help too!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭CillianL

Becoming a heavyweight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Half a dozen neuron plus nothing quite like a codine come down to take you're mind off a hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

you could also try-

a scottish breakfast (a glass of water and a paracetamol)

a farmers breakfast (a glass of water and a shite)

or a scousers breakfast (a pint of lager and the leftovers of last night's takeaway)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

A pint of water, followed by some nice tea and toast(or a fry if I can get my hands on it). Depending on severity of the headache, either some paracetamol, or morphine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Hula hoops and fanta. Only cure, besides not drinking so much you die a slow death the following day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Half a dozen neuron plus nothing quite like a codine come down to take you're mind off a hangover.

grow a pair of balls..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

You're supposed to drink 1.5x in water for every unit of alcohol you consume in order to stay hydrated, and a hangover is a result of the brain being dehydrated. So usually when I get home I'll by multiplying what I drank by 1.5. Polishing off 6/7 pints of water in the space of a half hour isn't fun but I definitely am not as bad the next morning. A vitamin C tablet in one of the pints seems to work well too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

More drink
    a farmers breakfast (a glass of water and a shite)

Not very appetising :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

Pint of water in one go, big fry with a mug of tea (if i can hold it down) & a nice slow BJ before jumping into a luke warm shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

The_Mask wrote: »
    Pint of water in one go, big fry with a mug of tea (if i can hold it down) & a nice slow BJ before jumping into a luke warm shower.

Well Done ! Not many people can self-administer let alone want to.

I used to never get hangovers, literally not even the slightest headache after a massive piss-up. It lasted up til my early 20s. I wish I knew what it was because I get them now. Maybe just youth and fitness, I didn't have any remedies or special breakfasts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

think the poll needs Hangover Shag option...

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

Overflow wrote: »
    Well Done ! Not many people can self-administer let alone want to.

Am i the only one who can auto-fellate around here?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Get out of bed. Worst thing you can do is toss and turn in the leaba feeling sorry for yourself.

Sugary tea, fry up and soluble disprin for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I used to sleep in till two or three in the day after a session. Discovered though that it effects your sleep patterns the following night and you almost feel hungover the following day too. So now I have taken to getting up early-ish and keeping myself hydrated and well-fed all day. It has seemed to have done the trick.

The "cure" on a Sunday afternoon seems also to be effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

More drink
    Cill94 wrote: »
    You're supposed to drink 1.5x in water for every unit of alcohol you consume in order to stay hydrated, and a hangover is a result of the brain being dehydrated. So usually when I get home I'll by multiplying what I drank by 1.5. Polishing off 6/7 pints of water in the space of a half hour isn't fun but I definitely am not as bad the next morning. A vitamin C tablet in one of the pints seems to work well too.

Yeah, I'd most likely die of water poisoning soon after doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

More drink
    Lots of water before you hit the sack works best for me.
    Never had a hangover since.

More drink
    Does anyone else not really get hung over no matter how which they drink?

I might wake up a bit groggy but I'm doing perfect after I've eaten and had a pint of milk/water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

1ZRed wrote: »
    Does anyone else not really get hung over no matter how which they drink?

I might wake up a bit groggy but I'm doing perfect after I've eaten and had a pint of milk/water
    Give it 5 -10 years and you'll get hangovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I remember the days i used to be able to go out two night in a row! :eek:

Old age is a terrible thing.

More drink

Thanks. Really sell getting older to me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Cill94 wrote: »

Do you often piss the bed after a feed of pints and cant figure out why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Other?
    In a bid to combat hangovers, I've taken to drinking larger shandies. The healing properties of red lemonade work wonders. Granted, it does make me bladder work overtime but hey! I can stretch 4 cans of Bud into about 10 drinks!

<----*lightweight*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Other?
    A peddle works every time.

Advertisement