Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your very first post!

Options
  • 06-11-2012 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

This is my first post on boards! Can anyone remember their very first post??

*funny witty comment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

You'll feel like so shamed when in 5 years time you look back at your first post and it's this poor effort.
    Quick, go back and edit it to add something profound.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Strong Light Bulb

OldGoat wrote: »
    You'll feel like so shamed when in 5 years time you look back at your first post and it's this poor effort.
    Quick, go back and edit it to add something profound.

Issue solved :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

This is my first post on boards! Can anyone remember their very first post??

*funny witty comment

Go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Strong light bulb. close your account now before the addiction sets in!!!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I don't remember my first post. But I know that if I really wanted to know, I can look it up, which is comforting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Mine was:

Cannot believe the attitude and abuse being given from the above moderator, it is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Just looked up mine there. It was asking about networking mac and windows. 'Twas awful dull.
    There I was thinking that at some stage I might have had something interesting to say.

*sighs

Birneybau wrote: »

Go on?

After a year in therapy, my psychiatrist said to me, 'Maybe life isn't for everyone.' - Anonymous.

Material plagerised from

"http://www.buzzle.com/articles/witty-comments.html"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Prob LC forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i am trying to use mscomm in html and javascript to communicate with a device over the serial port but when i run a test of the activex object in a .hta file i get the error "Automation server can't create object". does anybody know why its doing this? it gives the error on the line with var mscom

an absolute beauty of a first post.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

This was my first post on a boat that I'm building http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055963665 and it's still going on to this day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Taking bets on your first ban or infraction.......

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Mine was a Fr. Ted quote, I'm ok with that. That said, I don't post that often. Two reasons: I'm not interesting or witty....and out of fear of being ridiculed by AH-ers!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Mine was in "Stingiest thing Stingy People Do"

Hi im totally new to these forums but when i seen this forum i knew i had to post the stingiest story ever...!

A friend of mine, we'll call her Kate, lives in the US and has two houses, her home and a lake house. It's about a 3 hour drive from her home. Kate decided to do a girls weekend and asked her 3 best friends along, 1 of whom is notoriously tight...we'll call her Mary.

It was a totally free weekend for the girls, free accommodation and Kate had the house full of food and drink, tank full of petrol for the boat etc. Because Mary was such a tight ass Kate asked her for $20 petrol money as she was driving everyone there and back (she didn't ask anyone else for money, she just did it for the laugh).

Mary rings up Kate a couple of days later and asks her what year her car was and what the engine size was. Kate is busy at work so she just tells her and doesn't question it. 10 minutes later Mary rings her back and says

"I went online, typed in the make, model, year and engine size of your car...then I worked out the distance in miles from your house to the lake house...then I entered in the cost of gas here and it actually works out at $15.75 not $20"

I kid you not...the best bit, while on the trip when she asked Mary for the money she said "oh I've only got $10 on me, I'll give you the rest later"...2 yrs on...she's still waiting for her $5.75...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just checked mine, it was in the Cork City forum nearly 4 years ago and what makes it even more annoying is I was posting about the price of petrol :mad: :
    ive seen it at 103:9 at the garage by angelsea street, the one on the link road! its always very cheap there

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Just checked mine, it was in the Cork City forum nearly 4 years ago and what makes it even more annoying is I was posting about the price of petrol :mad: :

And now we think that 1.61 is giving it away.. Heartbreaking al togeather!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

This was mine...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1841634

Did find a band thanks to that actually, had a few fun years with them during college.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Mine was a prophetic analysis of a young Paul O'Connell's leadership qualities from way back in 2003.
    hardCopy wrote: »
    O'Connel's discipline might be improved by a bit of responsibility. If England can have a headcase like Martin Johnson then whats so bad bout O'connel?

I can't believe I used the word 'bout'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Mine was back in September 07:

Pj! wrote: »
    Why would you bet on Ireland? Honestly?

Get on France(-14) with Stan James at evens.

(France won 25 - 3!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Mine, back in Nov 2005 :eek:

One of my mates works for concern and he said that they'll be doing a big push around the christmas period... can you imagine having more of the feckers around the place?! A public nuisance is what it is (hear hear!)

It is as if nothing changed in the last 7 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Mine was back in 2005 asking a question about the UCD ball.

"r their still tickets available?"

I can't believe I used text speak and the wrong case of there. Luckily grammar Nazis were not around back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Oh God Why.

My second post ain't too bad though

A man rushes into a bar and orders six shots of vodka.the barman lines them up and the man downs them one by one.when he is finished the barman asks him "So, what are you celebrating?".
    "i had my first blow-job today" replies the man
    "congratulations , have another shot on me" says the barman
    the man looks at the barman and says "if six vodkas won't get the taste out of my mouth , then another won't"

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Oh God Why.
    i think metal kicks ass.anyone agree with me ?i like the music of korn , nine inch nails , marilyn manson , limp bizkit and slipknot amongst others.i also like nirvana and the smashing pumpkins.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

This isn't my first account so I really don't know! It was years ago so probably something on the junior cert forum :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Pj! wrote: »
    :pac:

Curse you! <shakes fist>
    I don't remember being so illiterate nor so ineloquent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Mine was back in the day when I thought boards.ie was an informative place so posted this in motorbike forum

Hi,

the b/f has left me to source paint for a 91 Kawasaki Zephyr ZR550 that he is doing up. I've found the original colours and he has chosen the candy cardinal red.

Now, i've tried a couple of shops and they can't find it on list. Anyone have any ideas where I should try?

Thanks,

And then I found AH :D

Curse you! <shakes fist>
    I don't remember being so illiterate nor so ineloquent

Couldn't have you editing that beaut. Just read your 3rd and 4th post (i'll stop now).

You were an angry sort!

Advertisement