Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fri: Ireland -v- France

Options
  • 21-09-2007 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got any good bets? Can't believe France are 2/9, as bad as we are, Ireland must be worth a punt, even a handicap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Anyone got any good bets? Can't believe France are 2/9, as bad as we are, Ireland must be worth a punt, even a handicap.
    1-6 with PP:eek: , Ireland are 7-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

think the handicap is +16...i think thats not bad now considering how fired up they are after the week theyv had.
    i think theyr 7/2 for the win if your feelin really brave!!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Samoa to beat England and Ireland to beat France

Betfair;
    Odds 31.13
    Steak €5.00
    Win €150.65

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

prendy wrote:
    think the handicap is +16...i think thats not bad now considering how fired up they are after the week theyv had.
    i think theyr 7/2 for the win if your feelin really brave!!!!;)

Where did you see handicap is +16? Most bookies are offering +14.

If I can find +15, I'll be back Ireland.

Can someone check www.oddschecker.com for the best handicap and odds? Blocked here at work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Nobody is offering anything higher than 14.5 at 7/8 there, best odds on 14 are evens with Stan James.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭niall2j

According to that, best spread (in points terms) is +14.0 at expekt, boylesports, bluesq, paddypower, stan james and ladbrokes, mostly at 10/11

Pinnacle is 7/8 for +14.5.

Personally, I took Ireland for the win at 5/1 and +12.5 pts at 5/4. I got those both on Betfair. Fwiw, I just bet with €5 or €10 so I don't know what it'd be like to get those odds if you like to bet more.

Hope this helps, COME ON IRELAND :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I got 5 to 1 against ireland on betfair a few minutes ago.
    win 144 euro if ireland win
    win 235 if it's a draw
    lose 34 if france win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 omg123

^^ how the hell does that work? Can someone please explain handicap and punt to me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Handicap basically just means one team gets a headstart. So for example, if its Ireland +14 you are betting on then Ireland get a 14 point headstart. So if the game finished Ireland 10 France 20, your bet would win. But lets hope thats not the score!

Punt is just a slang word for bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 omg123

Thanks, mrjoesoap. Where do you find out what the handicap is? If i go into paddypower, for example, will they tell me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Why would you bet on Ireland? Honestly?

Get on France(-14) with Stan James at evens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Any bookie will show you the handicap betting omg123. It will be displayed in brackets after the teams name eg. 'France (-14) evens'.

All bookmakers will have their own odds, mostly similiar.
    Although Paddy Power did put up a (-9) handicap for tonights game initially, wouldn't mind some of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭MrMojoRising

so whats the best bet for tonights game?
    i have €50 going a begging. what should i go for? the handicap bet seems the best one?

Advertisement