Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicked tour coming to Grand Canal Theatre

Options
  • 05-11-2012 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭

Kind of needs its own thread now! :D Confirmed today, Wicked UK and Ireland tour to begin in September 2013. Would expect it to be at the CGT around Xmas/early 2014.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

By then I might be ready to see the show again...and kinda fitting that Wicked #10 is in Dublin. Will be interested to see how much they scale back the touring production.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Interesting to read all the chatter about who people want to play Elphaba on the tour.
    Top 3 from what I've read are Rachel Tucker (though why she'd want to after 2 and a half years playing it in London and with a baby on the way too, can't really see it happening but who knows!),
    Amanda Coutts (currently in the Starlight Express tour and former Killer Queen) and Sabrina Aloeuche (who I think auditioned to play Elphaba in the current cast but what chance had anyone against Louise Dearman once she decided she wanted the role?).

I have a friend who made it to final 3 for Glinda last year, keeping everything crossed she gets in the tour, even as cover.

Your friend isn't Nicola Brazil, is it? I know she was one of the final 3, I think she'd have got it only Gina Beck (who is amazing) beat her to it! :rolleyes:

d@rk l0rd wrote: »
    Your friend isn't Nicola Brazil, is it? I know she was one of the final 3, I think she'd have got it only Gina Beck (who is amazing) beat her to it! :rolleyes:

No it's not. I'll tell you who she is if she makes the tour ;) Was last seen over here in the Sound of Music tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 AsheeBee

Really looking forward to Wicked coming over here.

From what I've read, the US touring versions aren't that different, so hopefully this one isn't either!

Seen the show a few times, and the first cast I saw were Alexia Khadime (Elphaba) and Dianne Pilkington (Galinda) and I'd LOVE it if one or both of them did the tour. Nothing concrete as to who's going to make the cast, apparently they've not auditioned anyone yet.

Alexia is about to start Book of Mormon in London so she won't be doing the tour. I can't really see Dianne doing it either, she's about to have a baby soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AsheeBee

Alexia is about to start Book of Mormon in London so she won't be doing the tour. I can't really see Dianne doing it either, she's about to have a baby soon.

Oh didnt know Dianne was pregnant! Knew about Alexia though. Knew it was unlikely they'd be doing it, looking.forward to seeing who is cast though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Confirmed for November, tickets on sale Friday fortnight.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/WICKED-The-Hit-Musical-tickets/artist/864373?tm_link=seo_bc_name#artist_table_focus

Wow, coming for almost two months! 27 November - 18 January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Confirmed for November, tickets on sale Friday fortnight.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/WICKED-The-Hit-Musical-tickets/artist/864373?tm_link=seo_bc_name#artist_table_focus

Can you link to confirmation please. It's not listed on Ticketmaster yet or Bord Gais where I am sure it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭magic roundabou

i have been looking for it as well - and as you said its not on ticket master

sent Bord Gais a message via Face Book this morning but so far no reply

Will you post here if they reply. Thanks.

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Can you link to confirmation please. It's not listed on Ticketmaster yet or Bord Gais where I am sure it will be.

I did link to it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Honey-ec wrote:
    I did link to it :confused:
    It seems to have changed since though and now just redirects to the Apollo Victoria dates.

The official tour website (http://www.wickedtour.co.uk/reviews.asp?id=01wkdT) does confirm that the UK & Ireland tour premieres in Manchester in September – so it'll be a while yet before it gets to Ireland!

It seems to have changed since though and now just redirects to the Apollo Victoria dates.

So it does. That's weird. Well the dates for Bord Gais were 27th November - 18th January and tickets were going on sale on the 25th of this month.

That doesn't show any Dublin shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    That doesn't show any Dublin shows.
    It did before. It's been changed since the link was posted.

Ticketmaster probably removed the link as it hasn't been officially announced yet what dates Wicked will be at the Grand Canal Theatre.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Evenstevens

Irishtimes saying 27th November to January 18th 2014. Tkts on sale 25th January

• Advertisement

Irishtimes saying 27th November to January 18th 2014. Tkts on sale 25th January

Same dates as Ticketmaster posted. Exciting that we know the dates at last even if it is nearly a year away!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭OU812

Don't think there'll be too much rush to get these. It's running for nearly two months & is a year away

I have to say I think it will be a very big seller, outdoing Phantom and Oliver and possibly even Lion King. It has a massive fan base with a lot of Irish fans. Scenes like Defying Gravity and No Good Deed are going to look amazing in the GCT. I can't wait.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I have to say I think it will be a very big seller, outdoing Phantom and Oliver and possibly even Lion King. It has a massive fan base with a lot of Irish fans. Scenes like Defying Gravity and No Good Deed are going to look amazing in the GCT. I can't wait.

I'm undecided between thinking it will either get sold out or that it won't do so well over here!

I've seen it abroad a few times and I LOVE it (my favourite musical). But I'm not sure I'd want to see it in GCT :/ I'm always afraid the traveling cast won't do it justice and not sure if the stage in GCT is big enough for it? I'm afraid if I go that it might sully the perfect image I already have of it in my head :P

I don't know if a lot of die hard fans might feel the same as me or not. Most of their target audience have probably already seen it and I don't think older generations will be as keen on it compared to the classics. Also it's not one particularly for kids like the likes of the lion king, so that's another group of buyers ruled out. I'm thinking it might not do so well here :/

woodchuck wrote: »
    I'm undecided between thinking it will either get sold out or that it won't do so well over here!

I've seen it abroad a few times and I LOVE it (my favourite musical). But I'm not sure I'd want to see it in GCT :/ I'm always afraid the traveling cast won't do it justice and not sure if the stage in GCT is big enough for it? I'm afraid if I go that it might sully the perfect image I already have of it in my head :P

I don't know if a lot of die hard fans might feel the same as me or not. Most of their target audience have probably already seen it and I don't think older generations will be as keen on it compared to the classics. Also it's not one particularly for kids like the likes of the lion king, so that's another group of buyers ruled out. I'm thinking it might not do so well here :/

I think it will be really popular and won't be taking any chances. l'll be poised to buy the day they are released once I have sold a kidney to pay for them.. The travelling version of Phantom was fantastic so I think people aren't put off by touring companies anymore really. I know a lot of people who have been to London to see it and who I think will definitely see it on home soil. Any word on the cast I wonder? Need a good set of pipes for Elphaba...

Ticket pre-sale is tomorrow for members of the BGET Rewards Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ella1991

so excited for Wicked to come to Dublin.. Have seen it in Westend twice... its AMAZING..
    Cant wait .. obsessed !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Is there any noises as to how much the tickets will be?

I don't care what I have to sell, I will be there, just would like an idea :)

Seen it in London with Alexia Khadime and Dianne Pilkington and in Sydney and am beyond excited about it coming to Dublin :)

I got two tickets. Top price was 60 quid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Bought tickets today for December with the Bord Gais code- they were €65 each with a €5.95 booking fee. Sitting in Row D downstairs. Can't wait! Saw this on Broadway a few years back and was blown away. Between this and the Lion King I've got lot to look forward to this year :D

Advertisement