Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing beggers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

“Smithers look! He’s standing up. I’ve never seen anything so adorable. Do you know who it reminds me of?”
    “Benji?”
    “No.”
    “Lassie?” “No, no, no, a person. You know who I mean.”
    “Snoop Doggy Dogg? Bob Barker? David Brenner?”
    “No, no, the person who’s always standing and walking!”
    “Rory Calhoun?”
    “That’s it!”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

I remember standing in Busarus one morning by the big pillars.

This fella comes over, clean shaven, bang of Joop aftershave, and sparkling white Lacoste trainers.

"Ya got any change buddy ?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

If you didn't lose when you gamble, you would have enough money for all the beggars if you got it all in coins. :D

tbh I don't see what the big deal is as long as they're not getting aggressive. Someone politely asking for change doesn't bother me. If I have it, I'll give it, if not I'll say 'Sorry, I've nothing on me,' and walk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I was in town once and an English girl once asked me if she could borrow 2 quid for the ferry home. I said 'god that's a great bargain' and she told me to go buy a burger and walked off... So I went and bought a burger, and it was actually lovely, nice fresh double cheeseburger from Mcdonalds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

In the CC earlier on I was approached for spare change and cigarettes (despite not even being a smoker) about four times in the space of an hour by three Roma women and a homeless Irish fella. Fcuking annoying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement